Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 08:12 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What does the National Anthem have to do with the shooting in Texas? Is this guy saying that America is responsible and it should not be celebrated?

How did he feel about it during the Trump years when "the racist Police with itchy trigger fingers were slaughtering young black men"... Today under Biden the same is happening but for some reason it is not as alarming because the SJW BLM fools are not taking to the streets to dish out their destruction. Any Police shooting we see today is certainly not linked to Old Joe and his "divisive rhetoric"...

So did this Kapler guy feel better about the direction of the country from 2016-2020 or is he happy now?

He better watch out because boycotting America can lead to the fans boycotting him and his sport. Add the political grandstanding to the inflation prices of everything associated with attending a game and the stands might soon be as empty as if the Covid is back.
Should we celebrate a nation whose value system is such that it tolerates, even dismisses, the murder of school children, worshippers, and shoppers in deference to the desire of a very small minority to own military style weapons that have little purpose other than the efficient execution of human beings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 08:22 AM

9,508 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Should we celebrate a nation whose value system is such that it tolerates, even dismisses, the murder of school children, worshippers, and shoppers in deference to the desire of a very small minority to own military style weapons that have little purpose other than the efficient execution of human beings?
There are 393 million guns in the US and 330 million people. Not sure where you learned math, but 393 is greater than 330, which defies your characterization as a "small minority". Looking at it another way, 44% of households report having at least 1 firearem. Still, not a "small minority" by any stretch of the imagination. The term "military style weapon" is essentially meaningless. Stop using it. It creates a credibility problem on your part.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:25 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
He's right that the direction of the country under Biden is terrible. Bring back Trump!

Old 05-28-2022, 08:28 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Anthem stuff aside he's done a great job managing the Giants.
The Phillies were a .500 team in a terrible division last year while Kapler somehow won 107 games with that Giants roster.

It's true Phillies fans complained about him while he was there because they wanted to blame him for a crappy flawed team.
Yep, earned him NL Manager of the Year. Will be interesting to see if others follow suit from all sports. Can't really say not being on the field is dis-respecting the NA.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:30 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Why doesn't he just say, get rid of biden and his extremist regime, if he does not like the direction the country is heading.

Another team to not watch.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:30 AM

25,741 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Another moron who wants to blame everyone else besides the vermin who pulled the trigger. Perhaps the nation should skip Gabe Kapler.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:32 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
It seems they have turned away from blaming the murderer and shifted the blame to everything else.

Without getting into the actions that were or were not taken at that school. The quandary I'm looking at for police is being accused of being too forceful and also being accused of not being forceful enough, and determining that in real time.

If Gabe Kapler's judgement is that everything must meet his approval, then I don't know how to make him feel better. Because I am a man of many failures, and all I can do is learn from them and hopefully not repeat them. So, I figure I will never be deserving of his presence. As I am a broken man who accepts all judgement.
While I don't think him not coming out for the anthem accomplishes anything we can all agree that

1)the murderer deserves all of the blame for this latest school shooting
2)these school shootings are completely out of control and we have to figure out how to stop them.

It's not about "turning away" from blaming the murderer. We all blame him, he's dead and there's nothing to argue about with regards to that.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:52 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm not a fan of Gabe, but I've been a Giants fan for 60 years (the first MLB games I attended were the World Series games in San Francisco in 1962, when I was too little to grasp it all), and I don't support what he said.

What other country in the world do so many people want to get into and live in ?
I wouldn't expect everybody to support the stand he is making. That is one of the reasons, it is gutsy move on his part. He will probably take more heat than accolades.

As to why people are still lining up to get in it has to do with opportunity to make money. I think that is a different subject. It seems Kapler singled out the 'home of the brave' part of the anthem. I've also questioned that part of the anthem myself, only to myself. I think it is reasonable to question if this is still 'the home of the brave'. I could cite many, many reasons why someone might think differently, but I'm sure if you think about it you can too. Despite him coaching for a team I can't stand (In a fun sort of way), and being a bit of an annoying person in general, this particular stand, I'll stand with him. We should be questioning what is so 'great' or 'brave' about this country in 2022. The Anthem is one way to draw attention to dissatisfaction, and another asinine way is to shoot up schools of small innocent babies.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:00 AM

43,100 posts, read 18,269,535 times
So he doesn't like guns and he doesn't like cops.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:14 AM

9,880 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Isn't Kapler one of those MoneyBall managers relying mostly on statistics. In his world it's paint by numbers in other words he thinks there's a plug in and play solution.

How many World Series or pennants does he have?

Last edited by anononcty; 05-28-2022 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies