Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 08:37 PM

6,361 posts, read 2,696,519 times

Advertisements

I have to admit that I am quite surprised about some of the responses from certain sexes in this post. I thought most women would be all over this as a great thing.

But this is what I am seeing.

Woman: "An abortion is a very hard decision to make and if you aren't a male you just don't understand how difficult it is to go through"

Man: "Okay I got a vasectomy so you don't have to worry about making that decision".

Woman: "How dare you think you should go out and get a vasectomy, if you really cared you wouldn't have done it and let me get the abortion".

Old 06-29-2022, 08:39 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
I have to admit that I am quite surprised about some of the responses from certain sexes in this post. I thought most women would be all over this as a great thing.

Woman: "An abortion is a very hard decision to make and if you aren't a male you just don't understand how difficult it is to go through"

Man: "Okay I got a vasectomy so you don't have to worry about making that decision".

Woman: "How dare you think you should go out and get a vasectomy, if you really cared you wouldn't have done it and let me get the abortion".

Literally no woman said that.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Literally no woman said that.
touché

it appears we're in conversations with men who have never had sex with a woman, and have no prospects for that possibly happening going forward in the future

Old 06-29-2022, 08:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post

YEah you might be misreading things.

I think it is good these guys get things sown up.
Before, when women could get an abortion (obviously the guys support that), it wasn't their place to worry about birth control but now they need to.

It's an odd way to think.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:42 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
touché

it appears we're in conversations with men who have never had sex with a woman, and have no prospects for that possibly happening going forward in the future
I get that feeling too...

Old 06-29-2022, 08:43 PM

But be clear a vasectomy kills the chance for future babies. You know someone is going to object to that......and maybe they will try to make THAT illegal.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:46 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Foo on it, we need to bring back big christian families to stave off the progressive hoards

Old 06-29-2022, 08:49 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But be clear a vasectomy kills the chance for future babies. You know someone is going to object to that......and maybe they will try to make THAT illegal.
Some folks are never happy…and some of the same will continue to think responsibility is all on the man, and when they do something to take responsibility, they’ll still complain…however, a vasectomy isn’t 100% effective, so if they continue to think women aren’t responsible, there will still be unwanted pregnancies. Both parties taking responsibility is so simple and can reduce so many unwanted pregnancies. It will be interesting to see if STD numbers go up and if so, if they’ll blame the man for that too since it’s extremely likely less condoms will be used.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
As we’ve seen, some folks are never happy and will complain about anything no matter what it is. They think responsibility is all on the man, and when they do something about it, they still complain…however a vasectomy isn’t 100% effective, so if they continue to think women aren’t responsible, there will still be unwanted pregnancies.
Women never said they weren't responsible for getting pregnant. They just want to be responsible of their body -- not just when a man cecides sto give her responsibility.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:58 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Women never said they weren't responsible for getting pregnant. They just want to be responsible of their body -- not just when a man cecides sto give her responsibility.
Actually, many say it’s the man’s responsibility for birth control, and blame them when a woman gets pregnant, versus both taking responsibility for birth control…and with that logic and vasectomies not being 100% effective, many unwanted pregnancies will continue to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies