Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 06:34 AM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Mother walking with baby stroller fatally shot in NYC, in good area on Upper East Side (link). These guns are out of control. The Justices of the Supreme Court liberated these guns to wreak havoc. Common sense gun restrictions would have prevented this grizzly murder. The guns must be brought under control.
Stop and frisk. Just the way it is.

Last edited by enraeh; 06-30-2022 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 06:35 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Mother walking with baby stroller fatally shot in NYC, in good area on Upper East Side (link). These guns are out of control. The Justices of the Supreme Court liberated these guns to wreak havoc. Common sense gun restrictions would have prevented this grizzly murder. The guns must be brought under control.
How about enforcing the law, arrest criminals, and stop letting them go?

I've owned guns my whole life and have never killed anyone.

We take away driver's licenses for drunk drivers, not the whole nation. The same holds true for guns.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Someone who will shoot a mother pushing a stroller at point blank range is not someone who will follow gun laws.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:50 AM

78,415 posts, read 60,593,823 times
This strikes me as more of a clean hit than random street violence.

Could be this gal was targeted, it's not like we haven't seen these things before with custody disputes, love triangles, jilted exs etc.

Regardless, the OP is being sarcastic and the recent SCOTUS ruling is almost certainly not related.

Like I told a hysterical poster years ago when they legalized concealed carry in Illinois. There were already tens of thousands doing illegal CC in the state this is just going to add some more that follow all the legal requirements, you can guess which group did 99.99% of those two groups gun murders.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:50 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Is there any sort guidance counseling or psychiatric care programs for these misguided guns? The thing we don't realize is that these guns are acting out. It's a cry for help. Broken homes--they never had a father figure in their younger years. Mom likely had an oxidation problem. Bad neighborhood. All the other guns were firing cheap Russian ammo. None were properly maintained.

What do you expect?

Old 06-30-2022, 06:51 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
True. Part of that problem comes from the fact that in our concern to be kind to criminals, we make prisons too "nice". It SHOULD be unpleasant, not a hotel stay with room service, libraries, cable TV and fine dining All too often the criminals are allowed to rule the prison, just as they do gangs outside of prison.
I have an interest in videos/documentaries about prison. Prison is one of the worst places to be. Not just the lack of freedom, but the predators in prison. The conditions in prison. A prison cell is about the size of a home bathroom. Now imagine 2 people staying in that space. Most prisons aren't very pleasant. Most prisoners don't get televisions. The food isn't very good. One reason prisoners hustle to get stuff from the commissary.

Gangs run some prisons and the guards like it that way. If the prisoners ever came together, they could start a riot. Prisons still have alot of violence.

One thing I must mention is that the average prisoner physiologically ages faster in prison than outside of it. The stress and horrid living in prison.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Stop and frisk. Just the way it is.
No. I do not want any police officer randomly stopping me and treating me like a potential threat. If I am obeying the law and I am not doing anything even remotely suspicious, LEAVE ME ALONE!! I cannot tolerate someone violating my 4th Amendment rights.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:55 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
Another disarmed victim

Old 06-30-2022, 06:59 AM

9,870 posts, read 4,646,105 times
It's not the guns but those willing to obtain and use them in a criminal fashion. It's those that fire with reckless abandon not caring if they hit their actual target. How come areas with more legal guns don't have these 'drive by' type shootings where the murderer shoots wildly.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Ben Franklin wouldn’t even be able to comprehend the danger of present day back in the 1700’s. I guarantee you he would be singing a different tune if he was able to see what the world has become.

We are a completely immoral society, not to mention that we’ve gone from 3 rounds per minute back in Franklin’s day to hundreds of rounds per minute today.

It’s very easy to see the left’s argument about banning all weapons. The only thing stopping me from joining them on that issue is that once we all are disarmed, we will be easily conquered and all our freedoms will be taken away. It’s a guarantee that will happen. That’s no way to live.
I don't care. I've been the victim of a violent crime and I am saying NO to Stop and Frisk. I do not want some officer randomly stopping me off of a hunch. If I am obeying the law, leave me alone. And I do not agree with banning weapons either. I have a gun. I refuse to listen to anyone's argument on banning guns. I refuse to listen to anyone's argument on expanding Stop and Frisk. I regard S&F as taking my freedom away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies