Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2022, 04:10 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Thank you. White nationalist types and Black nationalist types, that is racial nationalism, not patriotism. It is separatism and exclusion, not patriotism.
Just stop with your nonsense and accept the dictionary definition of a nationalist. You're making yourself look foolish by making up your own version by including supremacy and racism into it. You shoud be ashamed of yourself! I have no respect for you at all now. I guess I should have expected it from someone who doesn't care about illegal immigration as it seems you must view it as diluting the white race in our country because illegal aliens are minorities like yourself (isn't that a racist stance to take?) and you don't think by your own words that it affects you or your race and that's all that matters to you. How else could it be interpreted?

na·tion·al·ist
[ˈnaSH(ə)nələst]
NOUN
a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations:

su·prem·a·cist
[so͞oˈpreməsəst]
NOUN
a person who believes that a particular group, especially one determined by race, religion, or sex, is superior and should therefore dominate society:

End of story!

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-14-2022 at 04:19 PM..

Old 08-14-2022, 04:14 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just stop with your nonsense and accept the dictionary definition of a nationalist. You're making yourself look foolish by making up your own version by including supremacy and racism into it. You shoud be ashamed of yourself! I have no respect for you at all now.

na·tion·al·ist
[ˈnaSH(ə)nələst]
NOUN
a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations:

su·prem·a·cist
[so͞oˈpreməsəst]
NOUN
a person who believes that a particular group, especially one determined by race, religion, or sex, is superior and should therefore dominate society:

End of story!
Except you were talking about WHITE nationalist, not a plain old nationalist.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:43 PM

Most whites are nationalists (and so are many other Americans) but most whites are not supremacists. There are some that are both but not the majority of them and that doesn't change the fact that the definition of a nationalist is not the same as a supremacist. I swear I think I am talking to a brick wall!

Old 08-14-2022, 05:08 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
White nationalist types and Black nationalist types, that is racial nationalism, not patriotism. It is separatism and exclusion, not patriotism.
Most countries in the world are racially homogeneous ethno-states. Racially diverse countries like the United States are rather the exception.

And people often cluster based on race into separate regions or localities in diverse countries.

Old 08-14-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Most countries in the world are racially homogeneous ethno-states. Racially diverse countries like the United States are rather the exception.

And people of different races are often concentrated in separate regions or localities in diverse countries.
He won't accept the definition of nationalist vs a supremacist. He instead wants to make them one and the same when clearly they are not. It's puzzling why he would do that.

There is no such term as a racial nationalist. He just made that up! There are some nationalists that are also supremacists but that's not true of most whites or other Americans so why even bring them up as they are irrelevant.

I am a nationalist but I'm certainly not a supremacist.

Old 08-14-2022, 06:22 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

And people often cluster based on race into separate regions or localities in diverse countries.
Well, I'm American and I see it as my birthright to live anywhere in America I please. And EVERY American needs to accept that, period. I'm not of the racial separatist mentality. I'm not of the "stick to your own kind" mindset.

Old 08-14-2022, 09:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Well, I'm American and I see it as my birthright to live anywhere in America I please. And EVERY American needs to accept that, period. I'm not of the racial separatist mentality. I'm not of the "stick to your own kind" mindset.
When you finish crowing about what a badass you are, take a moment to remember that there are many neighborhoods in America where you wouldn't last a week, regardless of your "birthright".

The ironic part is that most of them are black neighborhoods. (Be sure to tell the bruthas that it is your RIGHT to be there. )

What you really are saying is that you have the right to live in any white neighborhood, where you can expect to be safe.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:35 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
When you finish crowing about what a badass you are, take a moment to remember that there are many neighborhoods in America where you wouldn't last a week, regardless of your "birthright".

The ironic part is that most of them are black neighborhoods. (Be sure to tell the bruthas that it is your RIGHT to be there. )

What you really are saying is that you have the right to live in any white neighborhood, where you can expect to be safe.
Wow, you're really upset at the idea that a black person would feel free to take full advantage of their constitutional rights to freedom of movement and association, huh? Where GM chooses to live, travel or work doesn't affect you at all, but you're really flipping out about it. Why is this such a button for you?

Old 08-15-2022, 12:13 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Wow, you're really upset at the idea that a black person would feel free to take full advantage of their constitutional rights to freedom of movement and association, huh? Where GM chooses to live, travel or work doesn't affect you at all, but you're really flipping out about it. Why is this such a button for you?
I literally laughed out loud at the pompous tone of his post. It doesn't matter to me where he chooses to live. I pointed out, truthfully, that limitations still exist, in spite of his "rights".

In retrospect, I should have also referenced impediments created by the high cost of living in certain communities.

No need to apologize for your lack of comprehension. I've noticed that this is a commonality in your posts.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post

That poster has a giant chip on his shoulder along with a huge victim mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies