Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 07:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateIX View Post
As an internationalist globalist myself, the "Great Reset" sounds pretty awesome.
What is awesome about it?

What is "it", anyway? I never quite know what exactly the great reset is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 08:02 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
I don't really know myself, and don't click on links or videos trying to rationalize conspiracies, but I think it has to do with Trump losing and therefore shadowy "globalists" are taking over.

Or something.
I hope you can get better

Old 08-02-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I don't really know myself, and don't click on links or videos trying to rationalize conspiracies, but I think it has to do with Trump losing and therefore shadowy "globalists" are taking over.

Or something.
I don't think it has to do with Trump because the WEF guys have been planning the great reset for decades.

From what I understand, it basically means breaking with the past in order to start anew and force radical changes on people. That break requires a crash first so that desperate people will buy into those "saviors".

Old 08-02-2022, 09:08 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:

Or something.
Again, it is NOT a conspiracy theory. The head of the WEF even wrote a book called The Great Reset.

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/54498122

And the WEF even has a dedicated website to it: https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

Honestly, sometimes I think that those who deny something without doing even a smidgeon of research first deserve what they get.

Old 08-02-2022, 09:36 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think it has to do with Trump because the WEF guys have been planning the great reset for decades.
In many ways it DOES have to do with Trump. Trump will/has gone out of his way to stop the WEF gang. But you are correct, the folks behind WEF have been planning this stuff for decades. They take baby steps and conceal/manipulate the public thru main stream media that their actions are good for the general populace. They are NOT good.

When Trump declares he wants to "drain the swamp" he's specifically referring to any politician that is bought and sold, and there are many that fit into this category, by the WEF gang.

Old 08-02-2022, 10:13 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

This link shows the goal of moving all people into a small living area where cars are not needed and you will own nothing . It is coming and the World Economic Forum say they will change things rapidly to where you will own nothing.

If the powers that be benefit from the huge amount of tax revenue that is collected around the world and the money they make running large corporations, stock values etc.

How do they benefit from everyone being herded into small living areas without owning anything or having any incentive to do anything? And reducing the population. Look at countries set up like what you are saying is going to happen. North Korea and Cuba come to mind. If not for outside entities propping them up. The USSR with Cuba and China with North Korea both would have collapsed long ago.

Those at the top are not stupid. They understand that their power is derived from billions of people essentially working for them and billions who think they can have a better life than they currently do. Take that away and those billions will turn on those at the top. They have everything now. They don't need a reset. This "reset" already happened long ago. You are all way too late.

I think I am going to buy some Reynolds Aluminum stock. Demand for their product seems very strong indeed.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-02-2022 at 10:27 AM..

Old 08-02-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
Agenda 21?
From around 2014. Guess it did not get enough traction so know we can be afraid of the Great Reset. Before all of this there was the John Birch Society. It never ends, just the names change.

Tom DeWeese on How The World Economic Forum's Great Reset is Really Agenda 21

Agenda 21: a conspiracy theory puts sustainability in the crosshairs

One of its most outspoken critics, American Policy Center president Tom DeWeese, has described the resolution as “a new kind of tyranny that, if not stopped, will surely lead us to a new Dark Ages of pain and misery yet unknown to mankind”.

Agenda 21 bills that have come to the floor in state legislatures across the country. Almost all have failed, either dying in committee, getting defeated on the statehouse floor or – in the case of Missouri’s 2013 bill – getting vetoed by the governor.

The exception was Alabama, which unanimously adopted a law in 2012 to prevent any future effort to “deliberately or inadvertently infringe or restrict private property rights without due process, as may be required by policy recommendations originating in, or traceable to ‘Agenda 21’”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Xn9YOKPcQ

Old 08-02-2022, 11:50 AM

9,069 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
How do they benefit from everyone being herded into small living areas without owning anything or having any incentive to do anything? And reducing the population. Look at countries set up like what you are saying is going to happen. North Korea and Cuba come to mind. If not for outside entities propping them up. The USSR with Cuba and China with North Korea both would have collapsed long ago.
"You will own nothing and be happy." - Klaus Schwab

The great reset is not about eliminating possessions, rather it is about changing how people pay for possessions. The great reset is all about eliminating ownership and replacing it with rental and subscription agreements. When a consumer pays off a mortgage, the corporations and banks no longer derive revenue from that consumer. If everyone has to rent instead, those consumers pay rent to the corporate world until the day they die and the corporations make way more money. When a consumer pays off a car loan but keeps the car for another 10 to 15 years, the corporations and banks stop getting revenue once the loan is paid off. Eliminating vehicle ownership forces all consumers to pay every time they get behind the wheel. Imagine this concept trickling down to every possession a consumer holds: TVs, kitchen appliances, furniture, etc. Under the objectives of the great reset consumers pay monthly rents, subscriptions or usage fees for as long as they want to possess a given item. It means way more money for corporations and the billionaire class but impoverishment for consumers, turning them into virtual wage slaves with no hope for retirement.

The billionaires aspire to become trillionaires. What better way to get there than to fleece consumers buy taking away their ability to pay things off and get ahead.

Old 08-02-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
"You will own nothing and be happy." - Klaus Schwab

The great reset is not about eliminating possessions, rather it is about changing how people pay for possessions. The great reset is all about eliminating ownership and replacing it with rental and subscription agreements. When a consumer pays off a mortgage, the corporations and banks no longer derive revenue from that consumer. If everyone has to rent instead, those consumers pay rent to the corporate world until the day they die and the corporations make way more money. When a consumer pays off a car loan but keeps the car for another 10 to 15 years, the corporations and banks stop getting revenue once the loan is paid off. Eliminating vehicle ownership forces all consumers to pay every time they get behind the wheel. Imagine this concept trickling down to every possession a consumer holds: TVs, kitchen appliances, furniture, etc. Under the objectives of the great reset consumers pay monthly rents, subscriptions or usage fees for as long as they want to possess a given item. It means way more money for corporations and the billionaire class but impoverishment for consumers, turning them into virtual wage slaves with no hope for retirement.

The billionaires aspire to become trillionaires. What better way to get there than to fleece consumers buy taking away their ability to pay things off and get ahead.
I will take reason.coms take on this as correct. As they almost always are. Schwab is a leftist nutcase. That is for sure.

https://reason.com/video/2022/02/23/...scape-is-here/

These grand proclamations, the ominous book title, and Schwab's odd personal style have led many people to speculate that the "great reset" is part of a conspiracy of global financial elites and politicians to depopulate the planet so that they can more easily institute one-world government, or even that COVID was engineered to that end.

I don't buy it. Far-reaching, global conspiracies require levels of coordination and shared purpose likely to be quickly exposed and fall apart, especially in the networked age. Instead of spinning our wheels searching for a secret agenda, take a look at the one right out in the open.

A crucial flaw in Schwab's theory is that it puts too much faith in the ability of governments to reengineer society in a way that better serves the needs and desires of all citizens. He wants a rethinking of capitalism that escapes "the tyranny of GDP growth" so that companies create "goods and services for the common good" instead of "maximizing profits.

Every single one of the billions of people who populate this planet have unique goals and desires that are impossible to reduce to a unified whole, whether that's GDP or whatever supposedly holistic metric the WEF wants to replace it with, as Hayek and his mentor Ludwig von Mises argued. Profits are a signal to entrepreneurs and investors that they are satisfying the disparate needs of their customers.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
In many ways it DOES have to do with Trump. Trump will/has gone out of his way to stop the WEF gang. But you are correct, the folks behind WEF have been planning this stuff for decades. They take baby steps and conceal/manipulate the public thru main stream media that their actions are good for the general populace. They are NOT good.

When Trump declares he wants to "drain the swamp" he's specifically referring to any politician that is bought and sold, and there are many that fit into this category, by the WEF gang.

Russia is also against that pseudo-green fascism, it is a big obstacle, which is why it is hated so much by Soros etc. who want to remove that obstacle.

The same goes for China and other countries that go their own ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies