Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 12:33 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Demi Who? I read the attached piece the OP supplied to find out and left the page thinking "This person is a role model for teens and young adults" ???

What a mess.

She claims “I’m such a fluid person when it comes to my gender, my sexuality, my music, my creativity,”

Also "Lovato now uses both “they” and “she” pronouns, according to her Instagram account. She has also said she identifies as both ***** and pansexual."

She/he? is/ was also a drug addict that had an overdose that caused multiple strokes and brain damage. She was lucky to survive. She is proud to have recorded her new album entitled "Holy F**K" sober.

I still say Demi Who? I looked it up and she is 29 which means her time as a role model to young people may soon be over because as Jack Weinberg said, Never trust anyone over 30...

The "Music industry" is strange these days. It seems that it takes more than having the look, a good beat and catchy lyrics, one also has to have a weird and woke backstory to really capture the spotlight.
She got some help after assaulting one of the dancers on her tour for basically no reason. She is seriously messed up in the head. Another one of those Disney stars go loco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 12:35 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Hm.

Lou Reed, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, David Johansen, Mick Jagger, Marc Bolan, Queen, Freddie Mercury ...

All pretty creative guys. All cross dressed on occasion (or more frequently). All bent gender roles.

All around 50 years ago.

So much for "these days".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But they all wanted to be referred to as a man
and none of them insisted we pretend they were actually women. or adopt fake pronouns to address them.

massive fail for o-girl.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:48 PM

7,329 posts, read 3,514,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and none of them insisted we pretend they were actually women. or adopt fake pronouns to address them.

massive fail for o-girl.
i agree with Matt Walsh and his take on it. it does sound like narcissistic personality disorder.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:54 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
I'm feeling feeling feline.

Meeeooow. Prrrrrr.

If anyone can be anything then kittah. MEOW.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:55 PM

8,928 posts, read 2,960,520 times
We must have it REALLY great in this country if people make a press conference out of which PRONOUNS they prefer people to use.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:59 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
We must have it REALLY great in this country if people make a press conference out of which PRONOUNS they prefer people to use.
And now social media is starting to kick people off, for not using the correct pronouns, "dead names," or not using the correct gender du jour, for the trans fluid community. It's impossible to follow these people, and to not follow their fluid name and gender changes means you are evil, and an unfit human being, and banned from engaging in discussions within the public square.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:23 PM

29,434 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And now social media is starting to kick people off, for not using the correct pronouns, "dead names," or not using the correct gender du jour, for the trans fluid community. It's impossible to follow these people, and to not follow their fluid name and gender changes means you are evil, and an unfit human being, and banned from engaging in discussions within the public square.
I just started a thread on that. The Bee nails it once again..

https://youtu.be/lICcbBg9mgM

Old 08-04-2022, 07:57 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
All may have appeared androgynous at times, but none claimed , or flip flopped on what they were.
That wasn't what you said. I was replying to your actual words, and cannot read minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
I think he came out as bi in the 70s, then said he regretted it in the 80s, and died while married to Iman Abdulmajid.
Hm. That just might sound like flip flopping ...

Quote:
It's hard to tell what he was, and it doesn't matter. I think he was more open, experimental, and non-judgemental than most normal people could fathom.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Either way, his music was great. I might have to throw my first pressing "Changes One" album on the turntable.
So "flip flopping" is OK if you like the music? I don't know any, but Demi Lovato's fans must be OK with her, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
That was not what I was addressing. Please follow along.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:22 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
First of all I have no idea who this person is until I heard her in the news recently. apparently she is a famous singer who started using they/them pronouns but now switched back to she/her because she has been “feeling feminine recently”

source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/enter...cec/index.html

Since it is not an uncommon thing apparently to change your pronouns if you are non-binary, I’m wondering what the implications this has on a broader scale such as in schools? How does one keep up with constantly changing these pronouns without being labeled a bigot? Say there was a boy who had a birth name of Ted but then on one day decided to be Bill? how do you know if he is Ted or Bill on any given day?

Borderline personally disorder can also cause this kind of gender instability.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:23 PM

29,434 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That wasn't what you said. I was replying to your actual words, and cannot read minds.

Hm. That just might sound like flip flopping ...

Exactly.

So "flip flopping" is OK if you like the music? I don't know any, but Demi Lovato's fans must be OK with her, then.

That was not what I was addressing. Please follow along.
What are you even trying to say ? Bowie came out as gay. He didn't flip flop on how he wanted others to address him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies