Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 04:03 PM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times

Advertisements

THE DISMANTLERS

https://christopherrufo.com/san-diego-gender-theory/

Make sure to page through the slide presentation. You will be shocked. Check out page 147 and 148.

San Diego Unified is the latest school district to adopt the principles of academic ***** theory and translate them into K-12 pedagogy, with the ultimate goal of dismantling “heteronormativity” and promoting a constellation of new sexual identities, such as “genderqueer,” “non-binary,” “pansexual,” and “two-spirit.”

Sorry. San Diego USD (Unified School District)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotOg_Rafer View Post
Friendly reminder that Chris Ruffo is a propagandist that fabricated false narratives:
At least read the article and look at the documents. I know you won't. It's so outrageous, you will just attack the author of the article.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:19 PM

17,613 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
At least read the article and look at the documents. I know you won't. It's so outrageous, you will just attack the author of the article.
Chris Ruffin has far more credibility than the recurrent trolls who pathetically make multiple accounts on C-D.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:32 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
The semen one is certainly not necessary, and I can't stand the woke stuff, but why did you single out masturbation on 147?

Old 08-04-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
The semen one is certainly not necessary, and I can't stand the woke stuff, but why did you single out masturbation on 147?
Should teachers be teaching our kids about masturbation? Or semen?

Old 08-04-2022, 06:40 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,235 times
Quote:
In sex ed? Yes? Should they have sex ed? YES??? To be fair, I don't know the age. That's another discussion. But as it is presented as sex ed, 100% absolutely they should be talking about masturbation.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:56 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
THE DISMANTLERS

https://christopherrufo.com/san-diego-gender-theory/

Make sure to page through the slide presentation. You will be shocked. Check out page 147 and 148.

San Diego Unified is the latest school district to adopt the principles of academic ***** theory and translate them into K-12 pedagogy, with the ultimate goal of dismantling “heteronormativity” and promoting a constellation of new sexual identities, such as “genderqueer,” “non-binary,” “pansexual,” and “two-spirit.”

Sorry. San Diego USD (Unified School District)
Shocked? Not at all. It's quite lengthy, I didn't look at every slide. I scanned through the first 50 slides or so and was very impressed. I thought it was a really good resource for teachers on how to make LGBTQ students feel safe and accepted. From what I saw on those first 50 slides, I think every school district should include this type of training.

Then I skipped up to those slides that the OP called out - 147 and 148. These slides are presenting questions that students might ask the teacher, and asks the teachers to consider how they might answer. No "right" answers are provided, but what do you think they should do - pretend like no student will ever ask such questions? What would that accomplish?

You presented this like it was some sick and perverted indoctrination; instead, I see a well-thought out resource for teachers on how to deal with LBGTQ kids. I applaud San Diego USD!

Old 08-04-2022, 07:02 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
It didn't say to teach kids about those things. It asked the teachers to think about how they would respond if a student asks "is it OK to masturbate?" Should they pretend like that question could never come up? Should they stick their fingers in their ears and say "blah blah blah I can't hear you!"? Might it not be a good idea to think about it so, if the question comes up, the teacher would be ready to respond?

Good grief, did you even read the presentation that you shared?

Old 08-04-2022, 07:06 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
They need to be taught how to respond to such a question if a student brings it up. Which seems to be what 147 and 148 are about. Its not teaching material as far as I can tell. But we are going to throw teachers under the bus because it scores political points. I get it

I really wish the Right would stick to issues like the economy and getting the government off everyone's back and pocketbook. Manufacturing issues to rile up the right be effective but to me its silly.

Its threads like IS BIDEN THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER? Again its riling up the base. Biden is not going anywhere and does not care if he is the worst ever. We can do better with the focus.

I went a year listening to my step daughter teach her 1st graders in Arizona over Zoom when the schools were closed over covid. She lived in our home. Pretty benign stuff. All of it.

Old 08-05-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Shocked? Not at all. It's quite lengthy, I didn't look at every slide. I scanned through the first 50 slides or so and was very impressed. I thought it was a really good resource for teachers on how to make LGBTQ students feel safe and accepted. From what I saw on those first 50 slides, I think every school district should include this type of training.

Then I skipped up to those slides that the OP called out - 147 and 148. These slides are presenting questions that students might ask the teacher, and asks the teachers to consider how they might answer. No "right" answers are provided, but what do you think they should do - pretend like no student will ever ask such questions? What would that accomplish?

You presented this like it was some sick and perverted indoctrination; instead, I see a well-thought out resource for teachers on how to deal with LBGTQ kids. I applaud San Diego USD!
Half the kids in public school can't even read. And we need to teach this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies