Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 06:27 AM

8,407 posts, read 4,570,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is always that way. The Republicans blame Democrat presidents for rising gas prices and do not praise them when they eventually stabilize and go down. Then again, I think I was only one of a few criticizing Trump for gas prices in 2017 when they went up for whatever reason. And that was more so satirical rather than me doing it for real.

So it's satirical when you do it and the end of democracy when I do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 07:20 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't think a president controls gas prices. However, those who blamed Biden for the high prices should probably be thanking him for the lower prices now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
This is similar to my thought. I'm not sure how much influence a president has on gas prices, but if you give him the blame for the rise it seems he should also get the credit for the decrease.

We see this ad nauseum with the stock market as well. Both sides want to take credit for the gains on their watch and deny responsibility for the losses.
There are actual policy decisions made by the Biden Administration which can be pointed to as a cause for the rise in fuel prices. Can either of you tell us what policies the Biden Administration has enacted which resulted in gas prices reducing by a fraction of the amount it has increased during his term?

Also, fuel is still more than double the price it was when Biden was elected. When he manages to get fuel back to the $2 a gallon range, we can revisit the topic. Until then, there’s no credit to be had.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:12 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is always that way. The Republicans blame Democrat presidents for rising gas prices and do not praise them when they eventually stabilize and go down. Then again, I think I was only one of a few criticizing Trump for gas prices in 2017 when they went up for whatever reason. And that was more so satirical rather than me doing it for real.
One of our prolific regular posters (former, likely passed away) was doing that. I remembered seeing them say the exact opposite just a few years earlier and posted their complete 180 of positions side by side.

It was hilarious.

No doubt with a little digging you can find some of the far right posters here doing the sane.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:11 AM

4,134 posts, read 2,834,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Stickers-That...36970474&psc=1

Not hearing much about the above "I did that" stickers now that gas prices are lower. Only heard about these stickers attached to gas pumps when prices went up. Hypocrites.
Exactly.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:14 AM

29,432 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Well still about a $1.75 higher then gas was at the start of Joe' war on fossil fuel (that's a quote) and Diesel has not dropped much at all. Is this the Putin price drop? or is that unfair and Biden should get the credit?

Call me crazy, but I think people are driving less (demand) and that's why gasoline prices are lower and the reason Diesel is still high is because truckers are delivering goods as fast as they can, trying to get the supply chain back in sync.

How do y'all see it?
It's good to see the war in Ukraine over. I was wondering how long it will last. It has to be over, right ? Remember, this was Putin's price hike. Joe told us that, several times.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Presidents take credit for anything they can. Some Presidents even started taking credit for things like jobs added before they were even sworn in.

LOL. I guess it makes them feel better and their puppets, I mean fans like it.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:33 AM

14,950 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo. Just gotta pay more now due to Bidenflation.
I get 80% of my grocery/pantry needs shipped, not delivered. Most of my other needs from the farmers market (1 mile away) Less than 5% from the grocery store.

I'm saving the planet by not using my Jet Plane to pick up groceries... like Al Gore.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Not everywhere.
They ship too. I'm rural so yeah I may have used the wrong verb... not delivered, but shipped. To me, that's delivered. I know... pizza is delivered.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:43 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
You know you're desperate for good news when something goes from $3 go $5 and you try to take a victory lap when it goes down to $4.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:46 AM

I say the consumer bought down the price by less demand. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies