Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 05:02 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
My son just drove his Tesla from Boston to Nashville to visit grandparents, took three charges and added maybe six hours to the drive. The car has an app that tells him the nearest charging stations.
Yeah that's a good data point. I've seen others report less driving time for comparable distances and some who point to longer driving times (factoring in charging). This story notes a drive from NY to FL included 207 minutes of charging time, which included 40 minutes of overnight charging at the hotel. That isn't that bad IMO: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...charger-drive/ Note, this 207 charging time included
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 05:09 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
and added maybe six hours to the drive.
when you're traveling...that's like a whole day

Old 08-08-2022, 05:12 PM

18,074 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Wait...I thought people dislike EVs here on CD. But there's anger at the EV agenda being negatively impacted?

Old 08-08-2022, 05:18 PM

3,646 posts, read 1,600,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The powers that be really don't want us to have any kind of vehicle.. their goal is to get rid of cars.
This seems to be the real agenda. It seems the plan is that the wealthy will have EV's but most people will have to rent a self-driving bus or pod to get someplace. The good news is the self-driving buses will have almost no accidents.

The bad news is no one will be driving on their own accord anymore, not even in their own EV. There will be no steering wheel and no 'gas' pedal. The road AI network will assist/instruct all vehicles on the roads.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:23 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Bet you think CNN is legitimate though? Started watching NewsMax a few weeks ago, its actually probably more informative and truthful that all the networks.
Oh really?

We rate Newsmax Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories and pseudoscience as well as numerous failed fact checks.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsm...y-reliability/

Old 08-08-2022, 06:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
It wasn't an opinion piece, it was an article from Reuters that happened to be linked by Newsmax.

But narrow minded Lefties see "Newsmax" and get triggered, so don't even bother to click on the article.

Close minded as usual, whilst believing lie after lie from the MSM.
You are right to assume I wouldn't click on a Newsweek link.
I did find a more direct source for the information and it was an eye opener.

Narrow minded in what sense. I don't rely on media to cherry pick facts.

But let's get back on topic here. Which you clearly avoided addressing.....that says it all.

Turns out the reason auto manufacturers are objecting is because they want to use imports.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:59 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
when you're traveling...that's like a whole day
He has little kids who found a playground with mom while he charged up.
Probably would have stopped at least a couple of times anyway.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
The NewsMax article edited out the reason for the complaint from the automakers. They don't want to have to build the cars in the US. Are you against that requirement?
So they cherry picked info provided by Reuters to support their agenda.

That seems to be honest news to some people.

Automanufactuers mad that they can't import parts and have cars made outside USA.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:46 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
This is the law aimed at the cash economy or transactions involving collectibles. The Ebays of the world will have to provide you with a 1099 once you have over $599 in sales. You have a yard sale theoretically if you make over 600 that goes on a tax form. They want more out of the cash economy and other types of sales they don't pursue now.

Should add this might be the same legislation where they mandate banks report transactions over 600 as well. So if one is reimbursed with a check and you deposit it the IRS will probably consider it taxable income until they are told otherwise. Should not have to go through that.
As well when you sell something that you bought with money that has already been taxed yjr IRD eill exoect more tax money on any sale where they have deemed you made a profit on.

Case in point- if I buy a guitar for $2200. and ten years later it is worth $3000. they will tax me on the $800 in increased value.

Old 08-09-2022, 06:32 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
My son just drove his Tesla from Boston to Nashville to visit grandparents, took three charges and added maybe six hours to the drive. The car has an app that tells him the nearest charging stations.
Something doesn't sound right there. Why would those three charges add 6 hours to the drive ? The EV cheerleaders here have told me that on a 1000 mile road trip with an EV it would only add an hour and a half to the 15 hour drive.

If true though, the addition of 6 hours is unacceptable for most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies