Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 11:03 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,532 times

Advertisements

Folks, write to your local representative, ask for complete defunding of the CDC. As a country we’re better off with no CDC than a CDC that lies, fear mongers and pushes an agenda so it can get more funding.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I went back to "normal" the day after I got my J&J shot back in March 2021.
I was off and on except for work since my first Pfizer vaccine. The off was if it was required or I was a direct contact. Luckily never got COVID.

Old 08-14-2022, 12:45 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Just don't wear one. Simple. No one has asked me to put one on.
It's not that simple. I believe in freedom, and that includes the freedom of companies to establish their policies, within the bounds of law. If a company says that I have to wear a mask to enter, I either put on a mask or I don't enter. To me, those are the only two choices I have, at the point of contact. Sure, later on I can contact the business and ask them to remove their mask requirement. But what I can't do is just barge in without a mask, because that would violate the freedom of the company to establish its own policies and expect them to be adhered to.

Old 08-14-2022, 05:47 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If I have to wear a mask to see a doctor, I’m not going. If they are so stupid as to think a mask stops COVID, then they are too stupid to be handling my medical care.
I don't know of a lot of doctors' offices you can go to without a mask.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:23 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
We still have to deal with the fallout from the vaccines and boosters. Heart and blood clot issues still persist.
For us old guys, it isn't too bad. The vaccine saved a lot of us. The sad part is, we allowed these politicians and their bureaucratic over reach to inject a lot of kids with this experimental serum, unnecessarily exposing them to a risk that we have only just begun to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
The CDC, much like the DoJ, is waking up to the realization that their credibility is slipping away.

And for good reason....
No, I think you underestimate the evil, here. By rolling back to pre-pandemic standards, over the next couple of months, they can claim that they beat Covid. Never mind that the reality is, they made it much worse.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

They lost me after that. I don't listen to them anymore. I don't care what they say about COVID or Monkeypox or anything else. They have no credibility in my eyes. Their pronouncements mean nothing.
You have the right take, on believing the government. You have to have someone to believe, though. I was right on almost all of my predictions, except on how close to herd immunity we were. My mistake there, was believing that the vaccine would slow the spread a lot. (I never believed it would stop it.) Turns out it actually increased the spread, or rather, their lies about it increased the spread.

I suggest you find someone to trust. Someone whose judgement seems to have been right on epidemiology, in the past. I don't suggest me, since I am retiring from this subject.

Some suggestions are:
Dr. Marc Siegel
Dr. Martin “Marty” Makary
Dr. Scott Atlas
Dr. Nicole Saphier
Dr. Peter McCullough
Sen. Rand Paul
Dr. Brett Giroir
Dr. Janette Nesheiwat
Dr. Harvey Risch

I chose them based on their track record and the fact they made the woke snowflake leftist mob scream in rage. It was just a quick list, but I tried to get them into order by which ones I think might be best.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
Are they going to change back the definition of immunizations and vaccine? Or is that now forever changed?
While I see your point, I wonder: what should we call them?
Almost everything that we call a vaccine has a breakthough rate. With measles it is something like 5%, with the flu is is somewhat higher, with Covid it is 95%. So, where do we draw the line? and what do we call the stuff on the other side of the line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I wonder if this has anything to do with an election being just around the corner?
NAAAAAAAH.
Exactly. I made my first post in this thread, before I read this far. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Maybe CDC, but there are scads of Fiefdoms within the USA.....and they will NEVER let
a good thing like the power/control mechanism of covid go to waste.
Well, they will move on to the next thing that gives them power and control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Major major mistake by the FBI agents who refused Christina Bobb's request to tag along with FBI search agents. It protects law enforcement from being accused of tampering or planting incriminating evidence. Remember Mark Furman, OJ trial.
Major mistake by the FBI.
This wasn't a mistake. It was intentional, as they didn't want anyone seeing what they were up to. But that is a different thread.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:31 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
COVID Chaos Officially Over... CDC Waves White Flag, Guidance Returns To Normal Behavior

Somebody tell the potted plant in the White House... he's still planning to extend the Covid emergency past the midterm elections.

Old 08-16-2022, 10:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 9,449,501 times
So a 99% survival rate virus, with a vaccine that doesn't stop you from getting, spreading, or dying from it, took 2 years of lockdowns, mask mandates, and vaccines mandates for the woke to come back to their sanity. Hilarious.

That's 2 years the world will never get back, thank you CDC.

People were extorted by employers to get the vaccines, download covid apps, take pcr tests before flights, quarantine for weeks, lockdown local businesses, all for what? The requirements are gone, no one even gives a damn if you're vaccinated anymore.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:00 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,989,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So a 99% survival rate virus, with a vaccine that doesn't stop you from getting, spreading, or dying from it, took 2 years of lockdowns, mask mandates, and vaccines mandates for the woke to come back to their sanity. Hilarious.

That's 2 years the world will never get back, thank you CDC.
I wish it was only the case that we only lost 2 years.

In fact, they broke the world with Covid shut downs. They broke the economy, the supply chain, the labor market, the transportation system, retail, housing. They broke everything all at once all around the world. Now we have hit reset and it still is going to take years, literally years to get back to normal.

It used to be a nation or region would have a recession, but a different region of the world with higher economic activity would help to pull you out. No more. We all hit the brakes at once and now all have to ramp up at once.

Like the supply chain. All halted at once and ramping back up is taking forever.

They broke the world. To overturn an election and get rid of president Trump, the Chinese released a bioweapon upon the world gifting the US Democrats with a way to shut down the entire US economy to get rid of Trump.

And even then it failed until they stole the election on election night. But, at the end of the day they got rid of Trump, but they broke the world. All they had to do was let Trump have his 4 more worthless year with a Democrat House and Senate, and then undo all of his executive orders in 2025. They didn't have to break the world. They got impatient.

The Chinese are ruthless. They play for keeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies