Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 05:12 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

What exactly it means for the average American has been answered all through the four pages on this thread. It is truly amazing how the neo Dems can state and think it believable that raising taxes is going to benefit us economically and reduce inflation. I read a piece on the news site I frequent that out of the 700 Billion there's about 3 Billion and change that is not already allocated for the climate change hoax shoring up Obamacare and other Dem pet projects. 3 billion and change I expect will be quietly siphoned off to CA and NY for Pelosi and Schumer home projects that will benefit them enormously one way or another.

I would hazard that the allocated funds will be spent on just about everything but what they're supposed to and while the Dems throw wads of money around like poop in the monkey cage we average American will pay more and more for necessities like food and energy across the board from gasoline to electricity and NG. Since the suppliers of these things will now be paying 15% off the top flat where will the cost of paying that and still keeping things flowing be passed on to? Oh, yeah, the average American.

So silly of Schumer Pelosi and Manchin to not mention that. Oh who cares right? We deplorables can't string a coherent sentence together let alone figure out things like basic economics and supply and demand. I have to ask...how far is the hundreds of billions of dollars they claim will be spent to develop "green" energy actually going to go? Not far enough to get all the countries energy demands going green. Sheesh the government is in charge of all that money. I guess us deplorables don't have any idea what happens to funds in such amounts under the tender mercies of DC. Oh it will get spent. That's for sure. but there's a lot of siphons stuck in that cash flow.

Nasty Nancy needs more Italian vacations for starters and the neighborhoods she and Chucky live in need some serious renovations .After all who's going to notice a couple billion dollars being diverted out of 700 billion. Or a few hundred million so politicians who supported this nightmare bill can globetrot to Thailand on sex vacations. All the while the border will be under siege inflation will skyrocket and 700 billion dollars will be spent on Dem pets. Oh my, didn't they mention that the "social spending" in this glutted pig bill will go to illegal border jumpers to get free medical care housing food and to get them comfortably settled? Yeah, small omission.

There is no benefit to any American citizen in this package except Dem politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 05:21 PM

25,734 posts, read 12,815,111 times
It means this trend continues:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

Nobody knows at what point along this upward trend it all collapses, but I'm guessing w/in 20 years.

Do you see the spike in spending during WW2? We area beyond that spkie already, but this chart hasn't been updated since 2018...befor all the fake stimulus spending.

Millions will starve & die...just a matter of when. Don't kill the messenger.

Old 08-13-2022, 05:31 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
There is no benefit to any American citizen in this package except Dem politicians.

Untrue.

For me, it means 3 more years of reduced monthly ACA healthcare premiums! The expanded premiums were due to expire at the end of this year. Those have been very helpful, keeping my healthcare costs contained.

Also, more people will continue to qualify for healthcare subsidies on the ACA, with higher levels of income. That will greatly benefit those who hadn't previously qualified for subsidies due to their income. That could mean savings of $1K/month, possibly more, depending.

For those on Medicare, costs for certain medicines should be lower (TBD).

Haven't gone through the bill to see what else, those items jumped out at me right away.

Old 08-13-2022, 05:39 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Untrue.

For me, it means 3 more years of reduced monthly ACA healthcare premiums! The expanded premiums were due to expire at the end of this year. Those have been very helpful, keeping my healthcare costs contained.

Also, more people will continue to qualify for healthcare subsidies on the ACA, with higher levels of income. That will greatly benefit those who hadn't previously qualified for subsidies due to their income. That could mean savings of $1K/month, possibly more, depending.

For those on Medicare, costs for certain medicines should be lower (TBD).

Haven't gone through the bill to see what else, those items jumped out at me right away.
So the government is subsidizing people to offset inflated prices …. Welfare

Old 08-13-2022, 05:43 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So the government is subsidizing people to offset inflated prices …. Welfare
ACA premium adjustments started in 2021 as part of the Covid rescue bill, which was a 2 yr program, expiring the end of 2022.

The title of the bill doesn't describe every item in the bill.

This bill is a portion of what was formerly called the "build back better" plan. The idea is more people need to be able to afford to get healthcare, and government programs (like Medicare or Medicaid) are not available, or they don't qualify, with their income. People pay from a couple thousand to $17K per year out-of-network, depending on several factors.

Old 08-13-2022, 06:04 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
America is getting what it deserves and votes for time and time again.

I have no pity for us.
Yup...The USA is being governed by bottom-of-the-barrel lunatics. Fringe ideology. Pure agitprop. When the public is passive and disinterested in civic affairs this is what you get...a self-loathing ruling class that despises you & me

Old 08-13-2022, 06:09 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
The $2000 annual out-of-pocket limit for Medicare Prescriptions will positively impact a large number of citizens. Mostly seniors but also disabled that are on Medicare.

The ACA subsidy extension will help a lot of people that retire before age 65 and buy ACA policies before qualifying for Medicare at age 65.
Part D policies will skyrocket monthly to subsidize the new 2k drug limit. People who are healthy, will no longer get cheap Part D coverage.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:50 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It means your government thinks so little of your intellectual capabilities that they would name a bill after the opposite effect in which the bill will actually have on your life and wallet. Basically they are mocking your very existence. ...
That does seem to be a common theme of them. You've got to wonder why no one has created a bill such as "Truth in bill naming" that does exactly that. What they're currently doing is no different than false advertising.

Old 08-14-2022, 06:49 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It is truly amazing how the neo Dems can state and think it believable that raising taxes is going to benefit us economically and reduce inflation.
They don't think that. They are fast tracking whatever agenda they've been brewing up for decades and just use pretty names to make it palatable to the public. They never had a great future in for us in mind, they want mandates, limited choices, and higher prices because it will give them or SOMEONE more control. Oh and "equity" must fit in there somewhere.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:27 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
ACA premium adjustments started in 2021 as part of the Covid rescue bill, which was a 2 yr program, expiring the end of 2022.
ACA has had subsidies since it started. Who do you think is paying for your subsidy? It is all of the other taxpayers. And yet, we don't even get a thank you, just "gimmie more"...

Quote:
The title of the bill doesn't describe every item in the bill.
In this case, it doesn't describe ANY item in the bill. There is not one thing in the bill that will reduce inflation.

Quote:
This bill is a portion of what was formerly called the "build back better" plan. The idea is more people need to be able to afford to get healthcare, and government programs (like Medicare or Medicaid) are not available, or they don't qualify, with their income. People pay from a couple thousand to $17K per year out-of-network, depending on several factors.
And with the new limits for the prescriptions, those costs have to be made up somewhere else. And that will be through increased premiums. Expect premiums for things like Part-D coverage to increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies