Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 07:28 AM

14,925 posts, read 12,119,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I think you mean things can be reversed in January of 2023, as that is when the new Congress and Senate will be sworn in. Also, would it not take the President’s signature to reverse laws, being that it took his signature to make them law? I believe nothing could/will be reversed before January of 2025, at the least.
I think we're looking at January 2023, if the GOP takes the House and/or the Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 07:30 AM

25,669 posts, read 12,757,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
LOL this is a right-wing fantasy. Even if dems lost the senate they will NOT have 60 GOP senators to remove Biden. And even if they did, some of those GOP senators would not vote to remove him.
The Dems must rid themselves of Slow Joe somehow, so why not let the Pubs do it for them?

Joe's killing the Dems, & everyone knows it....even the media. After the Red Tsunami, pressure will grow to give Slow Joe the heave ho.

In return, the Pubs would agree not to pursue the Biden family crime syndicate to the fullest, & just let it all fade away. Joe & Hunter's life expectancy are not very long anyways.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:40 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,438,088 times
Rational politics. Vs rabid right politics.
Why would anyone empower a right wing anarchist to work to improve this nation?
It's not in the DNA of such. Obliterating laws that had positive change. Suppressing votes. Putting in fake electors. Creating false narratives.

No thanks. The current folks weaseling into office for their own self gain are the problem. Not the solution. Haven't heard a single leaning right person speak of international diplomacy. But why should they? They can't be diplomatic across the aisle.

I'll seriously consider a few local candidates that are registered repub, only because they are working within our community and current challenges. But nationally ...these repukes are not worth the chair they will sit upon.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:41 AM

25,669 posts, read 12,757,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You're basically planning on 9 to 11 dem senators voting to convict and remove the dem president and the vice president for vetoing GOP legislation, installing a repub president.

This is so out of touch it's laughable, where do you guys come up with this stuff? 2 am when the buzz is wearing off?
There are 21 Dem U.S. Senators up for re-election in Nov 2024. That's where I'll get my votes to impeach from in 2023...those Dem Senators want to keep their power, & cash flows, rolling in.

We will see a new crop of DINO's...Democrat in name only emerge, as they peel away from the radical uber leftist wing of the party.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:44 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,567,180 times
Republicans do not have the appetite for battle, they will whimmmp-out, like usual.

And the little fact that Democrats are much smarter politicians than the Republicans,
makes it all the harder for the Republicans to get the upper-hand, even when they have
the majority.

Old 08-14-2022, 08:03 AM

33,994 posts, read 17,023,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Face it, this country's basically screwed if people are still voting Democrat after everything that Democrats have done the last couple of years. They are going to start/continue all these social experiments that will fail miserably and drag the country down. We have a growing generation of people that just wants to sit on their butt and never work and thinks such a system would actually operate. We have unchecked crime from silly no bail soft on crime policies along with unchecked immigration and a growing welfare dependency.

Apparently the past two years hasn't taught them anything about supply and demand or supply chains. These houses iPhones video cards and cars won't build themselves.

Someone should screenshot that real clear politics website and come back after the elections and see if these polls are still skewed seven points in favor of democrats.
Spot on!

Old 08-14-2022, 10:31 AM

20,858 posts, read 9,510,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Don't hold your breath for a viable answer from her she's a die hard liberal.
See page 3 of this thread.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:38 AM

7,325 posts, read 3,510,907 times
it probably doesn’t matter anymore. i think i am just going to start voting for the most leftist folks so that the entire country will feel like a borough of New York City or Los Angels. if liberals have full control of everything, in theory everything will be perfect as it is in places like LA or NYC.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:42 AM

17,590 posts, read 6,886,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Actually you got immediately smacked down like an annoying bug by several posters.

So he starts digging deeper. Dude, just stop you're embarrassing yourself.
Nah, I’ll continue. The fact that you are so triggered is a bonus. Still haven’t heard an answer to my question. The Marxists have no response.

Old 08-14-2022, 12:08 PM

164 posts, read 53,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Oh please, spare me. Clinton getting impeached did nothing to Clinton. If reps take over the House not much will get done anyway. That, just by itself, would be enough to make him "sit quietly."
Oh please, are you comparing Biden & son's numerous probable crimes to Clinton's indiscretion (and subsequent lying about it)? You can't be serious.

Although neither wants their "dirty laundry" to be aired in public (pun intended!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies