U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:40 AM

991 posts, read 1,365,093 times

Advertisements

Hugh Thompson was a true American hero - he received no hero's welcome when he returned home, instead he was villified.

We need to remember what true bravery is - the willingness to put your life on the line for your moral convictions.

hugh thompson - Google Video#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 07:47 AM

9,043 posts, read 11,324,639 times
How sad it must be to use a day like Memorial Day to play political games. Mr. Thompson is consistently regarded as a hero on just about any internet article you pull up. What happened is over 30 years old and the poster just wants to try to associate the hippies of that time with anyone who opposes the military industrial complex and the current Bolshevist expansion of our empire by our "glorious" leaders.

Heroes of My Lai

Postings like this are fodder for those who love the military but hate the troops, like Mr. Kissinger did. Personally, I'm much more comfortable being on the side of the troops versus the military.

God Bless America!

Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
How sad it must be to use a day like Memorial Day to play political games. Mr. Thompson is consistently regarded as a hero on just about any internet article you pull up. What happened is over 30 years old and the poster just wants to try to associate the hippies of that time with anyone who opposes the military industrial complex and the current Bolshevist expansion of our empire by our "glorious" leaders.

Heroes of My Lai

Postings like this are fodder for those who love the military but hate the troops, like Mr. Kissinger did. Personally, I'm much more comfortable being on the side of the troops versus the military.

God Bless America!
I am honoring him as a true American hero - So stop your hateful game playing.

GOD BLESS THE WORLD!

Old 05-26-2008, 09:38 AM

9,043 posts, read 11,324,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
I am honoring him as a true American hero - So stop your hateful game playing.

GOD BLESS THE WORLD!
You can hate the troops and love the military all you want.

I'll opt for the reverse. I think I chose more wisely.

Happy Memorial Day!

Old 05-26-2008, 09:46 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
GOD BLESS THE WORLD!
Do you support the concept / proposals for a "One World Government"??

Old 05-26-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
You can hate the troops and love the military all you want.

I'll opt for the reverse. I think I chose more wisely.

Happy Memorial Day!
And I'm sure that true 'patriots' like yourself would be the first to drop a dead animal on Hugh Thompson's doorstep

Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
And I'm sure that true 'patriots' like yourself would be the first to drop a dead animal on Hugh Thompson's doorstep

Old 05-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Actually I strongly oppose the NWO straegies which dovetail nicely into the PNAC plan already implemented by Bush/Cheney.

I'm a believer in multiple, diverse governments, with a common agenda of cooperation rather than exploitation.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:57 AM

4,657 posts, read 7,611,673 times
Quote:
Hugh Thompson was a true American hero - he received no hero's welcome when he returned home, instead he was villified.

We need to remember what true bravery is - the willingness to put your life on the line for your moral convictions.

hugh thompson - Google Video#

This sounds like a thoughtful, loving platitude, but lets think about this for a sec.

What if it's my moral conviction to walk around punching random people in the face? Should I be honored for that?

Old 05-26-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
This sounds like a thoughtful, loving platitude, but lets think about this for a sec.

What if it's my moral conviction to walk around punching random people in the face? Should I be honored for that?
I am referring to my own Christian moral conviction of 'love thy neighbor', not the Satanic immoral conviction of 'kill thy neighbor'. I suppose I should have clarified that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies