Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:00 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times

Advertisements

Just a few months "The Idiot" was interrupting national prime-time television on a weekly basis to sell the bogus war he inititiated. Fast forward 4 months or so, and now the American people are faced with the worst gasoline price increases IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES. Now, where is "The Idiot"? Why isn't "The Idiot" interrupting prime time television now... for a good reason...at a time when the American people need leadership to provide them with reassurance, confidence and answers during these tough times?

"The Idiot" has spoken. He is and always has been A WAR PRESIDENT, that is why he was "put" into office, that is what he will go down in history as. Sadly, I believe that as of right now, the country does not have a President...Washington D.C. is simply operating on cruise-control until the new administration (Please God, Not McCain) steps in and turn things around...hopefully.

Last edited by dorado0359; 05-27-2008 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,335,319 times
You'd like him if he came on the tube and said, "I feel your pain." ???

I'm still trying to figure out how he's responsible for fuel prices. The record profits are from volume, not an increase in the profit margin. We ain't the only ones buying gas.

If you're looking for someone to blame, go back to Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush. All of them at one time set a goal for energy independance. None of them followed through, and while you're at it, check the mirror, because we didn't hold our government to any standards on this, or any other promise.

If blaming just one man, Bush, makes you feel better though, go on. Have at it. It's kind of funny.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
oooh look, another ill informed posting about Bush, and his causing the high price of oil.

ReviewJournal.com - Opinion - EDITORIAL: Those magic beans called 'ethanol'

Last I checked Democrats took over Congress under the promises of cutting the price of fuel... Its up over 50%... Thanks for helping!!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Wink "The Idiot" Addressed The Nation To Sell His War; But Remains Quiet This Oil/Gas Disaster!

You're being rather harsh on "the decider." After all, he recently met with the Saudis and politely asked them to increase oil production. they told him NO.

But, of course, that was exactly the answer he wanted to hear. He did, however, have to make some slight appearance of acting in America's interest, didn't he?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:38 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
He is making a fortune off these prices. His entire family is in the oil business. Its not in his or his fellow stockholder's best interests to bring the prices down. Why do you think he is in such support of free speculation? Why do you think he was so against the electric car, a proven technology, in favor of the impractical fuel cell? Why was he so supportive of giant tax breaks on massive SUVs yet none on fuel-efficient vehicles? These gas prices are nothing but a result of 8 years of Bush policy. We were moving forward as a nation in the 90s, and we have lost all of that progress and then some over the course of this decade.

If Al Gore would have been elected, demand would be greatly curtailed by this point. Many people would be driving electric cars and fuel efficient gas cars and we would be on our way to energy independence.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 AM

196 posts, read 208,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post

I'm still trying to figure out how he's responsible for fuel prices. The record profits are from volume, not an increase in the profit margin. We ain't the only ones buying gas.

If you're looking for someone to blame, go back to Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush. All of them at one time set a goal for energy independance. None of them followed through, and while you're at it, check the mirror, because we didn't hold our government to any standards on this, or any other promise.

If blaming just one man, Bush, makes you feel better though, go on. Have at it. It's kind of funny.
its similar to abortion, see....when someone doesnt know when to "pull out".... govt always steps in and controls our minds, laws, and personal choices.... get it now???... he IS responsible, he gets the highest paycheck in the land, or is that too hard for you to grasp either?... some of you freaking people kill me the way you dont mind letting govt off the hook

Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
You're being rather harsh on "the decider." After all, he recently met with the Saudis and politely asked them to increase oil production. they told him NO.
Wrong.. they increased oil production of 300,000 barrels/day.. Even CNN had stories on this Bush says Saudi oil increase 'doesn't solve our problem' - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/17/Bush.Egypt.ap/ - broken link)

While 300,000/day does not even come close to solving our problems, is that the Saudi's fault, or ours?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
If Al Gore would have been elected, demand would be greatly curtailed by this point. Many people would be driving electric cars and fuel efficient gas cars and we would be on our way to energy independence.
Thanks for the laugh... Gore/Clinton helped to cause this problem. We have not built a nuclear power plant, oil refinery, drilled for new oil, (etc) in my lifetime... Now that demand is up, and its economically feasible to build new energy sources, its not an option due to governmental regulations put into place by Clinton/Gore..

electric cars.. yeah sure, especially since they have yet to build ONE electric car that would work for modern day america.

p.s. you do understand that electric cars need to be plugged in, and thereby increasing the demand on the power lines, (and replacement in most of the country) plus burns more coal, causing power plants to output more polution, bigger dams, causing more fish to be killed, etc..

Until nuclear power plants become a viable option here in the states, electric cars cant even be powered in mass demand.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:49 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post

Hey, I'm not blaming the man...I'm just questioning his leadership as "President" and "Leader of the Free World".

Old 05-27-2008, 07:11 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong.. they increased oil production of 300,000 barrels/day.. Even CNN had stories on this Bush says Saudi oil increase 'doesn't solve our problem' - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/17/Bush.Egypt.ap/ - broken link)

While 300,000/day does not even come close to solving our problems, is that the Saudi's fault, or ours?
Whose fault is dilly-dallying on alternative energy?

Presidents Reagan, Bush the Elder, Clinton and Bush the Younger all did little. So, now we’re paying for their sins and, truth be told, some of our own.

American energy policy needs defining, refining - BostonHerald.com

An interesting comment from, of all people, Bill O'Reilly. He recognizes Bush's failure. Shouldn't you, also?

Who gave incentives for purchasing SUVs?

The explosion of SUV, pickup, and minivan sales in America’s passenger vehicle fleet has turned this small business benefit into a massive loophole in the tax law. Currently, 38 different passenger SUVs including the Lincoln Navigator, which nets a combined 15 miles per gallon according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Cadillac Escalade (16 mpg), the BMW X5 (18 mpg), the Mercedes-Benz ML55 (16 mpg), and the notorious Hummer H2 (estimated 11 mpg) all weigh more than 6,000 pounds. This loophole allows some of the least fuel-efficient passenger vehicles on the road today to qualify for a significant tax break.

In 2003, the Bush administration proposed increasing the tax deduction to $75,000. Lawmakers responded by expanding it to a whopping $100,000 as part of the $350 million tax cut package. Yet Congress did not change the weight-based classification of the vehicles, creating a huge benefit for the largest, least efficient vehicles.

Tax Incentives: SUV Loophole vs. Clean Vehicle Credits (http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_vehicles/cars_pickups_suvs/tax-incentives-suv-loophole-vs-clean-vehicle-credits.html - broken link)

Whose family benefits tremendously from higher oil prices; Bush's or yours and mine?

But it truly is our fault for electing such self-interested, incompetent leadership.

I expect that will change shortly. The Bush years have shaken millions out of their complacency.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies