Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 07:53 PM

2,326 posts, read 960,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I never said we aren't involved in Latin America. They are our neighbors. It's kind of hard not to be involved. The USA has a foreign policy of course. But we aren't sending millions of our people to invade Latin America. As far as I am concerned, so long as there are millions pouring across our borders, we are being invaded and we have a right to be concerned and involved in correcting the problems that exist.

That's precisely why they're coming here in droves. Because we F'd up their nation.
We impoverished them and made their countries dangerous with the drugs and weapons.
They come here for economic opportunity and relative safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 08:21 PM

254 posts, read 114,332 times
Quote:
I never said we aren't involved in Latin America. They are our neighbors. It's kind of hard not to be involved. The USA has a foreign policy of course. But we aren't sending millions of our people to invade Latin America. As far as I am concerned, so long as there are millions pouring across our borders, we are being invaded and we have a right to be concerned and involved in correcting the problems that exist.
So are you concern about the number people coming by plane over staying there visas? I never hear anyone talk about those illegals. A lot of them never leave

Old 11-23-2022, 09:47 PM

Quote:

Being "involved" is very different from coup'ing an elected leader and installing your favorite dictator in his place to do your bidding.
And no, it's not hard not to be involved. It's called minding your own business. Don't send bombs or guns or drugs or color revolutions.
The fact that you're making excuses for these actions is very telling.

Here is Bolton bragging about all his planned coups.
https://youtu.be/OfnDzE4r8BQ?t=209

Old 11-23-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_boudin View Post
he is proposing my harse... its CCP and Xi Jinping proposing it...
Clearly you have proof to back this up right? Do share.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
hit the road jack...
Yeah, didn't think so.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:19 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
I give it a week, and he goes back to prison.

The next Leader of Brazil will be male to female transgender Moslem Indonesian who moved there to work in the LGBTQ Movie industry a few years ago. He be perfect to bring Brazil into the new era of woke.

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 11-23-2022 at 10:30 PM..

Old 11-23-2022, 10:21 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
he is proposing my harse... its CCP and Xi Jinping proposing it...
Of course it is.

Old 11-23-2022, 10:26 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Quote:
Leaders are taken out all the time in Latin America, and people are quick to blame the USA when it fits their narratives. But the reality is, the drug cartels have more power and control down there than the USA would ever have an interest in acquiring. It's nice that so many people feel the USA has super magic powers and can replace any leader anywhere in the world with someone pro American interest whenever we want. But the reality is, we can't. Have you seen the shape of our infrastructure lately? We have bigger concerns than what the people of Latin America decide to do with their countries.

You should be aware that the past president of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, was stabbed and almost died while he was running for president the first time. Was that also the USA's fault?

As far as currencies go, who cares what South America does? What supply do they control down there that we can't live without? What they do with their currencies is not any of our concern or interest. I think we would prefer they continue to develop their industries and societies so millions of their people do not have to continue leaving home for a better life.
Because the US has indeed been the catalyst, and oversight in most of the regime changes down there. Drug Cartels nothing compared to CIA depending on who you believe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allega...ug_trafficking

Old 11-24-2022, 10:04 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Leaders are taken out all the time in Latin America, and people are quick to blame the USA when it fits their narratives. But the reality is, the drug cartels have more power and control down there than the USA would ever have an interest in acquiring. It's nice that so many people feel the USA has super magic powers and can replace any leader anywhere in the world with someone pro American interest whenever we want. But the reality is, we can't. Have you seen the shape of our infrastructure lately? We have bigger concerns than what the people of Latin America decide to do with their countries.

You should be aware that the past president of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, was stabbed and almost died while he was running for president the first time. Was that also the USA's fault?

As far as currencies go, who cares what South America does? What supply do they control down there that we can't live without? What they do with their currencies is not any of our concern or interest. I think we would prefer they continue to develop their industries and societies so millions of their people do not have to continue leaving home for a better life.
Their Lithium deposits could be very important. I would bet that any new currency they invent will be no barrier to USD's.

Old 11-24-2022, 10:45 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
https://www.axios.com/2022/11/03/bra...-latin-america

The last time another country tried to circumvent the USD, it was Gaddafi trying to to unite Africa and establish their own banking and lending institutions.
We all know what happened to Libya. US bombs and drone strikes.

I don't think the US will wage war against Brazil, but I would not at all be surprised if there were a coup of some sort given this sordid track record.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._Latin_America
I think the CIA is already hard at work planning/generating/conspiring some sort of color/flower/whatever revolution of sort against him....our tax money hard at work to destabilize the world for the sake of American hegemony. Old story....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies