Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What are your views on the Covid Vaccine?
I took the first Vaccine 18 9.23%
I took the first Vaccine and Boosters 75 38.46%
I did not take the Vaccine 79 40.51%
I took the Vaccine but regret it 23 11.79%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 09:03 AM

25,709 posts, read 18,784,900 times

Advertisements

Nope. Negatory.

I'm not a guinea pig. And I'm especially not a guinea pig when the experimenters insist that I have absolutely no legal recourse should the experiment go south.

In a world where you can sue McDonalds because you spilled coffee on your lap and it was too hot, and you CAN'T sue a pharmaceutical if they inject you with a substance that causes severe medical problems or even death... there is something definitely WRONG with that picture.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:14 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,477 times
I got 2 Vaccines and 1 Booster.

My wife got 2 Vaccines and 2 Boosters.

My son got 2 Vaccines, not sure on the Boosters.

My daughter-in-law got 2 Vaccines, not sure on the Boosters.

Not one of us ever got the virus and we are all doing just fine.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:18 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,266 times
I took the vaccine and 1 booster. I caught covid and barely noticed I had it. I have since followed with a second booster.

Science, and vaccines, are wonderful things if you have the capacity to understand them.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:25 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,119 times
I got the vaccine and several boosters, approximately every six months. I’ve had no side effects from the vaccine. I’ve never had Covid-19. I know I could still get it, but am confident that it would be mild because of my vaccinations. I know people who weren’t vaccinated and nearly died.

Old 11-24-2022, 09:27 AM

12,967 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
A discussion came up with several collegues a few nights ago about the Covid vaccine. Opinions varied greatly. What are some of your views?
I had the first two Pfizer doses and then one Moderna booster. A couple of weeks ago, both my wife and I somehow contracted Covid - really no idea how. It was relatively mild though, not as bad as a cold that has your sinuses all stopped up. I felt bad one day, had about a half a degree of fever one day. My wife never had fever at all. I was nauseous for a couple of weeks, but admittedly, some of that may have been psychosomatic.

Since I had Covid, I can't get the next booster for about 3 months and I intend to get it. I feel that it makes the disease much milder. During the first doses, my wife's reaction was much worse than mine; she was really tired and felt awful. I essentially had no reaction at all. So - I'm thinking her "vaccine" was more effective than mine since she had fewer issues with the disease than I did, but all in all, it was quite mild for both of us.

I think the shots are worth it. I'm 75 and have several negative factors - heart disease (had triple bypass) and I used to smoke. So it could have been bad.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:13 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times
Did not, nor will I ever take the wuflu experimental gene therapy inoculations. Got the Omicron for a week, lost 30 lbs (which i needed to lose)and went back to work the next week. I trust in God that he has built my immune system up to par and will carry me on.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:56 PM

15,066 posts, read 8,627,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i didn’t care if i got the vaccine or not because i am not in a high risk group and the data showed me that i would probably not die from covid. there were people waiting in queue for shots and i was not about to partake in that nonsense.

then one day i was at a supermarket and they said they had a vaccine slot ready with no waiting. so i got the moderna shot 1 and 2. then Omnicron came around and the boosters. no way in hell am i getting any of that junk.
Due to the controversy over safety, I have chosen to wait.

As soon as the shot is available at my local Taco Bell, I’ll feel better about it.

Old 11-24-2022, 02:26 PM

18,009 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
A discussion came up with several collegues a few nights ago about the Covid vaccine. Opinions varied greatly. What are some of your views?
I took the vaccines, two plus booster, partly because my wife considered herself high risk, so for her... also for work. It wasn't like "No jab no job", but having the shots gave me more options so I could participate at work.

Now, wasn't the vaccine Trump's vaccine? Didn't Kamala say she would not take it because it was his?

So this being so, all the anti-vaxxers are anti-Trump, right?

I'm pro-Trump, so thusly pro-vaccine I guess.

But I'm vaccinated enough. I've not got the Rona and haven't been sick since about February of 2020.

I apologize to the antiVaxxers who want me to snuff or grow a second head or whatnot.

Old 11-24-2022, 02:49 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,403,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I know people who weren’t vaccinated and nearly died.
Me too.

Actually know 2 personally that did die.

Old 11-24-2022, 03:28 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
Quote:
I keep pointing this out when polls like this come up.

The originator should make sure the respondents are identified. It seems like some people do a little sock puppetry in their responses.

Anyway, you did not include the next obvious question: "I did not take the vaccine and regret it", not sure why you left it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies