Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Another book by a Bush insider, critical of his "leadership", and here you are, defending Dubya.

At least you're consistent.
Please attempt to stay focused and accurate. Where EXACTLY did I defend Bush in my posting? Oooh I didnt.. its just easier for you to pretend I did..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please attempt to stay focused and accurate. Where EXACTLY did I defend Bush in my posting? Oooh I didnt.. its just easier for you to pretend I did..

You have a long established record of being one of this forum's foremost Bush apologists. Pretending not to be is disingenuous. There's no need for you to play coy.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You have a long established record of being one of this forum's foremost Bush apologists. Pretending not to be is disingenuous. There's no need for you to play coy.
So I actually didnt defend him on this thread, did I?
Quote:
Ahh yes, yet another news story designed to sell more books..

"A few reporters were offered advance copies of the book, with the restriction that their stories not appear until Sunday, the day before the official publication date."
There is a huge difference in looking at motive behind individuals actions and "defending" someone else that has absolutely positive nothing to do with the motive. Some people understand the difference.

I just prefer accurate posts, its obvious that some on the left dont care.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Who accused you of that?

Quote:
There is a huge difference in looking at motive behind individuals actions and "defending" someone else that has absolutely positive nothing to do with the motive. Some people understand the difference.
Some continue to focus only on what they wish were real.

Quote:
I just prefer accurate posts, its obvious that some on the left dont care.
The "left" isn't responsible for Bush's incompetence and ruinous record of poor decsion-making. His handful of remaining supporters are "left" to squirm in ever tighter circles in an attempt to spin him in a positive light.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Who accused you of that?
You did.. just a little bit ago..
Quote:
Another book by a Bush insider, critical of his "leadership", and here you are, defending Dubya.
A friendly suggestion would be to remind you to take your medication to help your memory..

Old 05-28-2008, 11:28 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup.

Evidence of Junior's incompetence just grows and grows.
And to think he was the Republican Party's "best choice".
Pretty pathetic.

The truth of the matter is, they should have nominated McCain BACK THEN - but of course Karl Rove and company put an end to that real quick by hinting that McCain was possibly "mentally unbalanced" by his time in a North Vietnamese POW camp. I remember I was sickened at the time by the way they cruicified McCain.

Dirty politics on the Republican side then - and dirty politics on the Republican side now.

Ken

Shows McCain's lack of principle too, since Rove is helping out, to some degree, with his bid this year, even after what went down in 2000.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:29 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well, come on then, spill it.

If you are going to claim the book is false - back it up with some facts.

Ken
Ok, I probably shouldnt be telling you this and it could probably cost me my security clearance, but for the good of whatever here we go,here is how it is all going to go down, listen carefully, McClellan does a book critical of the administration, all the media on the left cnnnbcmsnbcabccbspbs, all sing yeah!!!!, what a great honest ethical, moral,concientious guy!!!, then after the communal orgasm and renewed shrieks of impeachment are heard from the true believers and the unabashed, others in the administration will much to the resistance of the above mentioned media will start to point out the discrepencies and disengenuisness of McClellan! Of course in the end those who Hate Bush and all things Bushy, will claim the debunkers are just covering for Bush and trying to discredit McClellan, loyal republicans will continue to discredit McClellan, and those of us that try to appeal to common sense, will realize it all, just as I layed it out, and will say, see I told you so!!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
You did.. just a little bit ago..
I'd say post #34 would be you defending Dubya.

Quote:
A friendly suggestion would be to remind you to take your medication to help your memory..

Hey..

I'm old.

Now, what pharms are fuzzing your judgement to the point that you're such an ardent Bush apologist? Or is it just damage from the collision of your head and that wall?

Old 05-28-2008, 11:32 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
McClellan was out supporting all the policies he supported from the podium even after he left the White House, but then all of a sudden he did a copmplete 180, Why? There is a lot of inaccurate and completely false information in the book, but I dont guess that is going to bother or be raised by CNN,ABC,NBC,MSNBC,CBS, wonder just how much money you do make as a useful tool!
Complete 180, maybe we just woke up and smelled the coffee.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I
figure that all of the people in the Bush administration were "out to make a buck" even if it harmed our country. Isn't making a buck or a billion what America is all about? So long as the money is made who cares if they cheated. A buck is a buck! And a billion is better!

Charlatans and thieves led by a delusional liar. Great show, guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies