Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 11:11 PM

10,884 posts, read 5,598,620 times

Advertisements

The movie reportedly cost the studio $135 million, and if this pace remains the same, earning around $20 million or so over the five day weekend, then the studio is going to lose A LOT of money.

This is the second time Disney has tried to sneak innocence-shattering homosexual material into a children’s movie.

America is getting tired of the unbearable wokeness of Disney, and to prove it, this movie is scoring lower than any Disney film in the last 30+ years. And since boys generally don’t care for romance stories, much less gay ones, this looks like another obvious case of “get woke, go broke.”

https://bleedingfool.com/news/why-di...bomb-in-years/

Old 11-26-2022, 01:40 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,197,869 times
Movies these days promote hedonism. They always pushed boundaries. As long as it's socially Progressive approved boundaries that is. I've never been a big fan of the random sex scene thrown into a movie that they always did. They stop short of having transgender sex scenes but I give it 5 or 10 years they'll have those too.

Middle of World War I suddenly two gay men strip naked and start doing things I won't mention in this thread. Hollywood just loves to pump that stuff out they think we get a rise out of watching people having sex on screen. It's never been my cup of tea.

Old 11-26-2022, 03:39 AM

38,608 posts, read 26,241,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
The sexuality of this character is what makes it "innocence-shattering" to you, I assume? Not the fact that an adolescent has a crush on someone?

Gay people exist. I don't see how acknowledging that, or kids learning that fact, is innocence shattering. But then again, I live in 2022 and not the 1950's.

Perhaps the movie's not doing well because it's not good. I'm not big on the woke stuff, but there's plenty of people wanting to see any movie that's good. Brokeback Mountain made $178 million on a $14 million budget. In 2005.

Brokeback Mountain wasn't a Disney cartoon geared toward young children.

The problem for parents is activists, corporations and government entities inserting themselves into the parent's role just long enough to fill the mushy minds of our young people with their selective take on the issues of sexuality and gender.

When the time comes to explain such things, it will be for the parents to decide the time is right and a need exists to more fully explain such adult matters as sexual reproduction, sex between men and women and sex between members of the same sex.

The problem for activists, corporations and government entities is that by the time parents get around to having this discussion, their children will have developed and adult sense of normalcy and, apart from some sort of advantage provided by that which is not normal, a preference for things that are normal.

The more fundamental questions about the two sexes and nature's design will have already become self-evident and no longer a matter for serious discussion.

Against this backdrop, activists, corporations and political entities all have their own specific interests in play.

Activists would like to remove the stigma associated with homosexuality and transitioning, so working with corporations and government to attack the very concept of normalcy is, ironically, their standard practice.

Corporations have their eye on a wealthier, college-educated consumer/investor/employee and hope to pander that group by playing to their perceived interests in a more stratified society via eugenics (abortion, sterilization) and social engineering (the policing of though).

Government entities, as always, hope to avoid accountability to the voters by sowing discord among various groups to keep us from uniting against those in power, so adding sexual orientation and transsexualism to the division list is a no-brainer.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:04 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,075,537 times
Disney cannot be trusted at all anymore. Most kids’ entertainment outlets can’t. It’s really disappointing. I used to love Nickelodeon shows when I was in middle school but that kind of content doesn’t exist now. These media go from baby and toddler alphabet type stuff straight to Sesame Street with two dads, teen same-sex crushes, gender confusion, and innuendo. There is no safe space for a kid to be a kid now, free from woke indoctrination. These are not little adults, they are impressionable children who are being manipulated via media.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:05 AM

31,342 posts, read 14,108,713 times
I haven't been to the movie theatre in at least 10 years, lol Hope Disney loses a fortune on this.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:46 AM

12,176 posts, read 7,138,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Disney cannot be trusted at all anymore. Most kids’ entertainment outlets can’t. It’s really disappointing. I used to love Nickelodeon shows when I was in middle school but that kind of content doesn’t exist now. These media go from baby and toddler alphabet type stuff straight to Sesame Street with two dads, teen same-sex crushes, gender confusion, and innuendo. There is no safe space for a kid to be a kid now, free from woke indoctrination. These are not little adults, they are impressionable children who are being manipulated via media.
Because the liberals and Leftists now control the media and entertainment industries so they are all pushing their Leftists ideologies on their products, that’s why.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:45 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,054,929 times
I wont watch another Disney movie until they stop this crap. It use to be a wonderful company who made family films.
Now it’s filled with woke crap. Well i pray one day Disney wakes up.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,862,900 times
But I thought everyone wanted to see gay storylines.

You mean it's a small niche market that doesn't play with mainstream audiences? Who knew?

Because only about 4% of the population is actually gay? And gay adults don't want to see children's movies?

There is no solid market for a movie like this.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:53 AM

16,276 posts, read 8,376,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Hold on to your old VHS tapes and/or DVD's that you had as a kid, or that you played for your kids, and transfer the content to USB's (or some current medium) your kids/grandkids can watch. The same with older books that depicted normal traditional family values for them to read.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:56 AM

16,276 posts, read 8,376,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Because the liberals and Leftists now control the media and entertainment industries so they are all pushing their Leftists ideologies on their products, that’s why.
Senator Joseph McCarthy saw it coming, and paid a heavy price exposing the communists that were already trying to infiltrate Hollywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.