Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 03:10 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

The article is based on a program director of an organization with 7 employees, like a lobby group, not a union, not a government agency. To push an agenda and then go on the social media circuit while waiting for a response does nothing to reinforce their position.

She's not a rando. From her LinkedIn page:

Retired Supervisory Federal Air Marshal
US Department of Homeland Security
Jun 2002 - Oct 2014 · 12 yrs 5 mos

The Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) is a United States federal law enforcement agency under the supervision of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). "The Air Marshal Service is meant to promote confidence in civil aviation by effectively deploying federal air marshals (FAMs) to detect, deter, and defeat hostile acts targeting the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2022, 03:32 PM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I hadn't seen you make numerous posts over anonymous sourced stories when it comes to leftist media and their Trump stories.

Fox?
Fox is just another corporate media, that I link to about as I do cnn, msnbc and the like. Your lame attempt at a slam failed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Keep deflecting to things not on the topic because you don't like the answer I gave to your question. Prove I believe the bolded because its obvious that you just accept an interest/lobby groups claims because they are on Fox.

He got very quiet after I posted that she was a Supervisory Air Marshal for 12 years.

Old 11-29-2022, 04:28 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
She's not a rando. From her LinkedIn page:

Retired Supervisory Federal Air Marshal
US Department of Homeland Security
Jun 2002 - Oct 2014 · 12 yrs 5 mos

The Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) is a United States federal law enforcement agency under the supervision of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). "The Air Marshal Service is meant to promote confidence in civil aviation by effectively deploying federal air marshals (FAMs) to detect, deter, and defeat hostile acts targeting the United States.
She retired from the Agency 8 years ago and is now with a private agency that has about 7 employees and 1 million in assets. They are not a union or representative of Air Marshals as a collective voice in any capacity.
https://rocketreach.co/air-marshal-n...22f79efee3502c

At best they appear to be a lobbyist although going to the media before the administration has a chance to respond to their enquiry undermines their integrity. And Air Marshals have been around since the 60's but where and when we'll never know.

Old 11-29-2022, 05:32 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
The air marshals like air conditioning, & civil workplaces...this is really about working conditions.

Anyone here want to work outside on the border amongst criminals, drug runners, human smugglers, ect.?

...yeah...me neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies