Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 06:46 PM

17,497 posts, read 6,838,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Wait, WHAT? Where did the "bleeding heart" designation of Liberals come from, then?

You're chasing your tail, RowingFiend.
Probably just more disinformation from the left wing elites that control the media, academia, the government, the bureaucracy, and Hollywood.

I trust my own experiences way more than cliches and talking points from people who hate my guts for disagreeing with them.

Bleeding heart fits liberals, but their hearts only bleed for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2022, 06:50 PM

35,538 posts, read 17,872,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Probably just more disinformation from the left wing elites that control the media, academia, the government, the bureaucracy, and Hollywood.

I trust my own experiences way more than cliches and talking points from people who hate my guts for disagreeing with them.

Bleeding heart fits liberals, but their hearts only bleed for themselves.
Liberals have ALWAYS led causes for kindness and justice.

The Civil Rights Movement. The Child Labor Laws movement. The Anti-Child Abuse movement. The movement for humane treatment of animals, both farm and pets. Better treatment for the mentally ill and mentally disabled.

Liberals have ALWAYS led those movements, although to your credit there were a few conservatives peppered in here and there who were led by compassionate hearts.

Old 11-29-2022, 08:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,704,450 times
Quote:

The Civil Rights Movement. The Child Labor Laws movement. The Anti-Child Abuse movement. The movement for humane treatment of animals, both farm and pets. Better treatment for the mentally ill and mentally disabled.

Liberals have ALWAYS led those movements, although to your credit there were a few conservatives peppered in here and there who were led by compassionate hearts.
Why do you have to make everything partisan? Do you even know any conservatives? The person who I know who comes to mind as having devoted her life to rescuing dogs is a hard core conservative.

Old 11-29-2022, 08:48 PM

35,538 posts, read 17,872,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Why do you have to make everything partisan? Do you even know any conservatives? The person who I know who comes to mind as having devoted her life to rescuing dogs is a hard core conservative.
I wasn't the one who made this thread partisan.

I was the one who made it clear which side leads movements to recognize abused animals, abused children, abused women, etc.

And yes, actually, I know a lot of conservatives. Most of my acquaintances and my husband's family (who I love) is conservative.

Carry on.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I was the one who made it clear which side leads movements to recognize abused animals, abused children, abused women, etc.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:03 PM

4,522 posts, read 2,249,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Exactly. I too am a conservative. I have rescued like 20 dogs. I currently have 4. Oh and Clara, I’m also a vegan. I don’t believe in killing things, especially babies.

Old 11-29-2022, 10:39 PM

19,797 posts, read 12,062,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Exactly. I too am a conservative. I have rescued like 20 dogs. I currently have 4. Oh and Clara, I’m also a vegan. I don’t believe in killing things, especially babies.
Some people are just stubborn and stuck on their bias against those with differing political opinions. I too am a conservative and have been extremely active in rescue for a decade. We do not discuss politics, our focus is 100% on saving dogs.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:18 AM

62,818 posts, read 29,025,565 times
Quote:

Except when it comes to illegal immigration their hearts only bleed for these foreign invaders and to hell with their negative impact on our own citizens!

Old 11-30-2022, 06:29 AM

24,411 posts, read 17,141,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
I’d like to see those groups denounce what is happening to pets at the border since they don’t seem to care about the other reprehensible issues being caused by Biden.

Maybe just maybe this will move some to action because most people do care about helpless animals.

Do you remember the case where the twice deported Illegal Alien "found" a gun on that pier in San Francisco. He thought about trying it out by shooting at the seals but instead he shot Kate Steinle and killed her. He was acquitted of the murder in the very Liberal San Francisco. I have a feeling that if he had instead shot one of the seals that he would have been in more trouble and possibly deported for a third time.

The Border is a crisis and an embarrassment. Isn't it odd how no Dems of note have been there to see what is going on? When Trump was in office they all went to be outraged and shed some crocodile tears for the camera. The only thing that has changed since the Trump days is that the conditions are far worse.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:30 AM

It’s horrifying but not super surprising. Unfortunately this will lead to even more dogs being put down. The rescues are gong down there to try to help these dogs but there are already too many in shelters here, being euthanized for space.

During covid a lot of people adopted dogs and promptly brought them back out he shelter when they went to back to work which stressed shelters to the max.

Some people really don’t care.

This rescue is one trying to help. https://nypost.com/2022/11/25/big-do...eft-at-border/. The owner is a :gasp: conservative. Not too long ago a left leaning news source slandered this organization which caused their donations to dry up. Glad to see they are still saving animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies