Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 07:00 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Takei is an 86 year old drama queen.

Ha Yeah! That is what I was thinking. Dude you are in your 86, chill out.

We all know that Shatner is basically like Captain Kirk in real life.

A funny story. My wife has a friend that met Shatner back in the 60's. She and her friend that she described as drop dead gorgeous were walking along a street in NYC, a limo pulls up and Shatner was in it, he had seen the beautiful woman and wanted to hit on her. They all went out to dinner with my wife's friend being the third wheel. Shatner dropped them off after dinner and the ladies agreed that he was a self centered jerk.

Let the old sleeping dogs lay Takei.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:17 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yep. I wonder what Shatner thinks about this.
A few Shatner quotes that sums up his feeling about Takei.

"It's sad that the man can't find enough peace in his life to either, say, be positive and say, 'I forgive him for whatever those hurts were,' or to shut up about it," Shatner says. "It's sad. I feel nothing but pity for him."

"Talk about festering and not living the truth of your life and feeling badly about yourself and being fearful that somebody'll find out this terrible, terrible secret, so he thought," Shatner says.

"Like, who cares? Be gay, don't be gay – that's up to you, George."

"Poor man," Shatner continues. "There's such a sickness there. It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea."

Old 11-30-2022, 07:22 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,878,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Ha Yeah! That is what I was thinking. Dude you are in your 86, chill out.

We all know that Shatner is basically like Captain Kirk in real life.

A funny story. My wife has a friend that met Shatner back in the 60's. She and her friend that she described as drop dead gorgeous were walking along a street in NYC, a limo pulls up and Shatner was in it, he had seen the beautiful woman and wanted to hit on her. They all went out to dinner with my wife's friend being the third wheel. Shatner dropped them off after dinner and the ladies agreed that he was a self centered jerk.

Let the old sleeping dogs lay Takei.
Maybe Shatner has mellowed out some in his old age....people do change. My son met both Shatner and Walter Koenig a few years ago and got their autographs. He said they were both fine other than Koenig not aging too well compared to Shatner, who is still very active even in his 90's. I liked Takei as an actor in Star Trek, but he's a strange dude in real life.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Hasn't the 40 years of his 'career' been based on talking crap about Star Trek?

Good grief man, move on already.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:28 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,205,098 times
OMG they probably touch base every couple of months to decide who's going to say something negative next. That's how they keep their names "current."

Old 11-30-2022, 07:33 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
A few Shatner quotes that sums up his feeling about Takei.

"It's sad that the man can't find enough peace in his life to either, say, be positive and say, 'I forgive him for whatever those hurts were,' or to shut up about it," Shatner says. "It's sad. I feel nothing but pity for him."

"Talk about festering and not living the truth of your life and feeling badly about yourself and being fearful that somebody'll find out this terrible, terrible secret, so he thought," Shatner says.

"Like, who cares? Be gay, don't be gay – that's up to you, George."

"Poor man," Shatner continues. "There's such a sickness there. It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea."

Captain Kirk may be a jerk or not but he can be quite funny.

Takai used to be kind of humerous and interesting because of his drama and presentation but now he's just bitter and dull.

Howard Stern used to play a recording of George saying "Oh myyyy...." all the time. lol.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
William Shatner was a celebrity player on 100K Pyramid back in the day, and not only is he stupid, he's incredibly self-centered and clueless. Actually talking about himself during his timed clue giving play.

I have never seen a dumber player on that show, ever. Needless to say, he wasn't invited back.

So yeah. He played Captain Kirk, so we should all revere and admire him.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:44 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Takei knows Shatner better than we do.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:47 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
William Shatner was a celebrity player on 100K Pyramid back in the day, and not only is he stupid, he's incredibly self-centered and clueless. Actually talking about himself during his timed clue giving play.

I have never seen a dumber player on that show, ever. Needless to say, he wasn't invited back.

So yeah. He played Captain Kirk, so we should all revere and admire him.
He's so pompous, and self centered it becomes humorous, he's like a caricature. He's smart enough to realize that, play off of it, and profit from it. That being said, he ended up on a podcast I listen to, and I could only take about 10 minutes of his blathering.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:48 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
He's a queen and a drama queen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies