Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 01:13 PM

4,341 posts, read 2,226,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
3. African tribes didnt enslave their own people, just like Vikings taking slaves from england werent their own people. How is it yall dont understand this ?

**Annoying Game Show Buzzer***

I'm sorry, wrong answer, thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2022, 01:24 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,338,326 times
If it's not restricted to Black American ADOS then it's pointless. It's also neoliberal CA which is dominated by Asian/Hispanic pols so good luck getting this passed. At the end of the day Black America reparations will become a reality as a whole if Black America gets its act together.

Old 12-03-2022, 02:56 PM

25,680 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Quote:
1. We arent just talking about slavery
If you can show me that I have engaged in repressing, enslaving, or denying ANYONE, please do.

Quote:
2. You ancestors in all 3 countries delt with slavery, just maybe not slavery of black people.
So what? I had nothing to do with any of it.

Quote:
3. African tribes didnt enslave their own people,
Number one, yes they did. Just as all peoples of all cultures at one time or another. Including the indigenous peoples of the western hemisphere, pre-Spanish/European arrival.

Number two, again, not my problem or doing, one way or the other.

Quote:
just like Vikings taking slaves from england werent their own people.
If you can show me documentation that I was on a Viking longboat in raids on England, please do. Otherwise I was not involved.

Quote:
How is it yall dont understand this ?
How is it that you don't understand that I'm not responsible for the actions or choices of others? Especially eight generations ago. How is it that your don't understand that I should not be charged with a crime I did not commit? How is it that you don't understand that I should not be held financially responsible for the actions of others hundreds of years ago?

I'll tell you why you don't understand any of that: it's because you are still living in stone-age tribalism within your own mind. You cannot understand the concept of the individual or of individual responsibility. You are of the mindset that the entire tribe should be burned alive for the bad actions of one from the tribe. It's too bad you and your comrades cannot evolve beyond that primitive mindset.

Old 12-04-2022, 09:59 AM

12,952 posts, read 13,663,665 times
There will never be Reparations. Having said that, forget about slavery. It isn't about something that happened in the 1600's.

For starters.......While the GI Bill’s language did not specifically exclude African-American veterans from its benefits, it was structured in a way that ultimately shut doors for the 1.2 million Black veterans who had bravely served their country during World War II, in segregated ranks.
https://www.history.com/news/gi-bill...erans-benefits

My father never got "free" money to buy a house with like white soldiers got. He was a veteran of WWII.
Its not hard to come up with of list of things that adversely effected the economic futures of African Americans with in the last 3 generations. That would be problems my grandfather faced when he wanted to buy a farm or my father faced when he purchased a home.

Systemic racism kept African Americans on the economic side lines. And I don't mean poor black people. I knew black men in my father and grandfather's generation who were educated vets who still had to take menial jobs as young men. The best jobs they could get were porters in my grandfather's generation and postmen in my fathers generation. It was especially devastating for black men who did not live in any one of the "black metropolises " like Chicago, New York, Detroit, or in the South where there was some black support like black owned banks and business.

It can't be fixed. Smart black people know how to work hard for what they need and beg, borrow and steal to get what you want.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 12-04-2022 at 10:29 AM..

Old 12-04-2022, 02:20 PM

62,860 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you can show me that I have engaged in repressing, enslaving, or denying ANYONE, please do.

Number one, yes they did. Just as all peoples of all cultures at one time or another. Including the indigenous peoples of the western hemisphere, pre-Spanish/European arrival.

If you can show me documentation that I was on a Viking longboat in raids on England, please do. Otherwise I was not involved.

How is it that you don't understand that I'm not responsible for the actions or choices of others? Especially eight generations ago. How is it that your don't understand that I should not be charged with a crime I did not commit? How is it that you don't understand that I should not be held financially responsible for the actions of others hundreds of years ago?

I'll tell you why you don't understand any of that: it's because you are still living in stone-age tribalism within your own mind. You cannot understand the concept of the individual or of individual responsibility. You are of the mindset that the entire tribe should be burned alive for the bad actions of one from the tribe. It's too bad you and your comrades cannot evolve beyond that primitive mindset.
Excellent, truthful post! Thank you!

Old 12-04-2022, 08:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,545 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
**Annoying Game Show Buzzer***

I'm sorry, wrong answer, thanks for playing.
Yes, the game show host would have told you that tribes in africa are equal to tribes in Euroupe. so a person from england is european, but not the same as someone from Rome/Italy.

your argument is that all Africans are one group, thats the flaw in your argument.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,545 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
i mean, you are in America, there are very few places that the American government actually purchased from natives.

Quote:
so what is your point ?

Quote:
Again, look at my previous post. Why is it you can distinguish between 2 separate European groups , but not african groups ?

Quote:
now now, part of your post was simply discussing the issue. dont run from that.

Quote:
Again, it didnt stop 8 generations ago. Thats your weird way of pretending you dont understand what is happening around you.

And on top of that, I dont see you arguing the government should stop sending checks to other groups. This is where you start googling and realize that reparations continue to be given to multiple groups within the US by the US government.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:18 AM

58,946 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Hmmmm.... looks like California shopping for more votes in 2024 to me. You get a thousand, and you get a thousand....

https://nypost.com/2022/12/02/califo...ack-residents/
https://californiaglobe.com/articles...ack-residents/
It's a dem run state, what do you expect?

Old 12-05-2022, 07:21 AM

14,950 posts, read 9,787,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It's a dem run state, what do you expect?
More of the same-o, same-o BS.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:24 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
where do I get my black face cream?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies