Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 03:59 PM

41,018 posts, read 17,992,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
What I got from the Houston paper and/or the Texas Tribune is they are on a chartered bus. The governor gets campaign contributions from the owner of the bus company. That may have been a one time thing I read weeks ago.
Proof to this?

There’s obviously logistics involved in moving these migrants. How do you know they can simply fly Southwest or travel on an uncharted bus?

Why doesn’t Sleepy Joe simply use Southwest when he moves illegals to different states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 04:02 PM

46,179 posts, read 26,838,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Who said they went via Greyhound?

Nobody, including you.

Quote:
Could have been a bus charter company.
Maybe.

Quote:
You are assuming a lot based on nothing.
You're telling us that you based all your assumptions off of of nothing?

Quote:
I am only saying what I heard on a news report.
Then all you have to do is provide the news report that you speak of.

Quote:
You can believe whatever you want or make up your own story about how these people are being treated on these Abbott bus trips.
Clearly you've made up your own story, which is why I don't believe your story.

Old 12-04-2022, 04:04 PM

23,739 posts, read 14,840,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Proof to this?

There’s obviously logistics involved in moving these migrants. How do you know they can simply fly Southwest?
I just did a fast google search for who owns the buses migrants are sent north on

From that search it appears the migrants were boarding buses in McAllen, etc themselves in July. Greyhound couldn't keep up with the demand.

By September they were going on charters paid for by the governors office. So looks like they are getting a free ride anyway you want see it.

AFA Southwest goes, I was being really flippant.

Old 12-04-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I just did a fast google search for who owns the buses migrants are sent north on

From that search it appears the migrants were boarding buses in McAllen, etc themselves in July. Greyhound couldn't keep up with the demand.

By September they were going on charters paid for by the governors office. So looks like they are getting a free ride anyway you want see it.

AFA Southwest goes, I was being really flippant.
Nobody said they weren’t getting a free ride.

You still have no proof that the bus owner is a friend of DeSantis.

Sure thing. It’s hilarious how folks are so concerned with how much money DeSantis spends to ship illegals and have no problem when Sleepy Joe does it, along with billions of dollars spent on illegals every year, along with the millions that have crossed in the last few years, and unvaxxed, untested, and exempt from the shot, lolol…but muh DeSantis

Old 12-04-2022, 04:37 PM

23,739 posts, read 14,840,115 times
Quote:
Nobody said they weren’t getting a free ride.

You still have no proof that the bus owner is a friend of DeSantis.

Sure thing. It’s hilarious how folks are so concerned with how much money DeSantis spends to ship illegals and have no problem when Sleepy Joe does it, along with billions of dollars spent on illegals every year, along with the millions that have crossed in the last few years, and unvaxxed, untested, and exempt from the shot, lolol…but muh DeSantis
Sorry. I was referring to the governor of Texas.

Old 12-04-2022, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I was referring to the governor of Texas.
Same goes for Abbott and DeSantis with folks being so concerned with how much money they spend while it’s okay for Sleepy Joe to do it.

Proof that the bus owner is friends with Abbott?

Old 12-04-2022, 04:42 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,357,975 times
Quote:
Are they feeding the people on the busses this time? Last stunt I heard about, the people had no food or water over a multiday bus ride.
I heard it was a BYOB affair as well. When you plan to illegally enter a country bring your own supplies.

Old 12-04-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Some people get their news from TV in real time and others only believe what they read on some internet site.

Clearly you don't believe someone who watches the news on TV. That is your choice.
If only everything on the news was true it would have substance…and if it did have substance there would be a link to it. Do you have proof to the claim?

Old 12-04-2022, 04:52 PM

46,179 posts, read 26,838,919 times
Quote:
Some people get their news from TV in real time and others only believe what they read on some internet site.
All I'm asking you to do is prove what you say. I'm not asking you to do anything else.

Quote:
Clearly you don't believe someone who watches the news on TV. That is your choice.
Well, since it's on TV, it should be easy to prove.

You know, most people would have already proven their point with a link to back themselves up.

Maybe you expect everyone to "just" believe you no matter what you say?

Again, back yourself up or just say...

you did not tell the truth.

Old 12-04-2022, 04:54 PM

14,277 posts, read 6,870,875 times
Quote:
If only everything on the news was true it would have substance…and if it did have substance there would be a link to it. Do you have proof to the claim?
Proof of what?

Last edited by ansible90; 12-04-2022 at 05:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies