Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Approve or disapprove of student loan forgiveness
Yes ... forgive all of it 0 0%
No ... no forgiveness at all 10 62.50%
Serve in society in some capacity and get some forgiveness 3 18.75%
Have Colleges and Universities do the forgiving 2 12.50%
10K payment to everyone 0 0%
Make the rich pay it off 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 08:32 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times

Advertisements

They won't let up on the give away program to buy votes. More of the same wasting taxpayer money.
The U.S. Department of Justice asked the Supreme Court on Dec. 2 to put on hold a nationwide injunction issued by a federal judge in Texas that is blocking President Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness initiative from proceeding.

The debt relief program is already blocked as a result of another federal court order.

The new application came the day after the Supreme Court turned down the government’s request to stay an order of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit that also blocked the program from moving forward. Instead, the high court ordered on Dec. 1 that that case, known as Biden v. Nebraska, should be argued before the court in February.

I'm pretty sure most American taxpayers don't want student loan forgiveness to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 10:04 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
My niece is working in the medical field for the VA system. When she completes ten years there she gets her student loans forgiven. That was part of the loan agreement right from the get-go. She said if she were to transfer to a non-profit she would still be able to fall under the "forgiveness" plan. If she moves to private practice, then she'll be responsible for the full owed amount. At least she's doing good work for society.

I'm not in favor of just "forgiving" student loans to people who foolhardily wasted their time in college getting worthless degrees or aren't making any attempt to pay them off themselves.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:49 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
The problem is two fold..one: what about all those who have paid off the student loans? Two: Once a government program like this starts it will never end.
I will protest why I have to pay for someone else college debt.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:51 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
My niece is working in the medical field for the VA system. When she completes ten years there she gets her student loans forgiven. That was part of the loan agreement right from the get-go. She said if she were to transfer to a non-profit she would still be able to fall under the "forgiveness" plan. If she moves to private practice, then she'll be responsible for the full owed amount. At least she's doing good work for society.

I'm not in favor of just "forgiving" student loans to people who foolhardily wasted their time in college getting worthless degrees or aren't making any attempt to pay them off themselves.
Nigerian basket weaving is not a worthless degree? Many on the left would pay big time for a Nigerian basket.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:54 AM

17,622 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
They won't let up on the give away program to buy votes. More of the same wasting taxpayer money.
The U.S. Department of Justice asked the Supreme Court on Dec. 2 to put on hold a nationwide injunction issued by a federal judge in Texas that is blocking President Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness initiative from proceeding.

The debt relief program is already blocked as a result of another federal court order.

The new application came the day after the Supreme Court turned down the government’s request to stay an order of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit that also blocked the program from moving forward. Instead, the high court ordered on Dec. 1 that that case, known as Biden v. Nebraska, should be argued before the court in February.

I'm pretty sure most American taxpayers don't want student loan forgiveness to happen.
Yes, it is a waste of taxpayer money. On the bright side, however, all the lackeys involved in the student loan boondoggle are NOT drumming up faux crimes against those who disagree with Democrats.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:55 AM

10,479 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Want lower education costs? Remove government student loans. There is zero pressure for universities to cut-costs, as the money keeps flowing in.

At some point, people will realize that many college degrees are completely worthless, and I'm willing to say that most are. There is an awakening in the country, and i'm willing to say that Corporate America will start dropping the requirement this decade.

Old 12-05-2022, 04:22 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
For me it's pretty simple why this is so unfair. Someone who went to trade school instead of college is going to be paying off the loans of Harvard graduates who can't get a job. Why should they be responsible for that? The person that wanted that fancy degreee from the prestigious university needs to suck it up, go wait tables, do something to take responsibility for themself.

Then you have useless Joe Biden, who's thinking is as shallow as a bottle cap. As he typically does, he sees one side of it, but never gives much thought to the consequences. Biden is incapable of critical thinking and making rational decisions which is why everything he's touched has been an unmitigated disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies