Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 12:54 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Shrug. Their restaurant. Good advertising of where not to go if you are a Christian group.

Didnt the gay cake SCOTUS ruling put this one to bed. Go somewhere else.

Dumb move on the restaurant and I roll my eyes whenever someone says they dont feel safe around someone who is not physically threatening. Being a wuss is not illegal.

It is a dumb move. Money is Money.

I just don't understand how someone could feel threatened by someones ideas? We hear about this happening on college campuses all the time, where a Conservative speaker is invited to speak and half of the students form up in protest while the other half go to their safe spaces. It is words people not bullets.

Some people are just so weak minded to be offended by such things.

What Christian group is Not against Abortion? It doesn't mean that they hate women or that women such as the wait staff at that restaurant should fear them.

Staff "dignity" ? what does that have to do with anything? If we apply their logic to any other group such as Native Americans it smacks of Racism but Christians are an open and approved target for hate.

I do have a question though. If this restaurant refuses to serve Christians because of their beliefs I wonder if somewhere in that Restaurant they have any Christmas decorations? If they do then they are hypocrites.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:56 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
snip

What Christian group is Not against Abortion? It doesn't mean that they hate women or that women such as the wait staff at that restaurant should fear them.

Staff "dignity" ? what does that have to do with anything? If we apply their logic to any other group such as Native Americans it smacks of Racism but Christians are an open and approved target for hate.
Hey if you are woke you MUST MUST MUST get in all the buzzwords. Im surprised they I did not see the word patriarchy.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:57 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I just don't understand how someone could feel threatened by someones ideas?
If the idea in question is "You do not deserve the same rights as other people", there are plenty of historical examples of where that leads.

Quote:
If this restaurant refuses to serve Christians because of their beliefs I wonder if somewhere in that Restaurant they have any Christmas decorations? If they do then they are hypocrites.
Not for their Christian beliefs. For their discriminatory beliefs. Millions of Christians are hunky-dory with gay marriage.

Old 12-07-2022, 12:57 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:

I just don't understand how someone could feel threatened by someones ideas? We hear about this happening on college campuses all the time, where a Conservative speaker is invited to speak and half of the students form up in protest while the other half go to their safe spaces. It is words people not bullets.

I do have a question though. If this restaurant refuses to serve Christians because of their beliefs I wonder if somewhere in that Restaurant they have any Christmas decorations? If they do then they are hypocrites.
Just to be clear, the restaurant didnt refuse to give some Christians food. they refused to give space to a GROUP that held a belief the restaurant didnt agree with.

This is NO DIFFERENT from a bake shop refusing to make a cake celebrating a 14-year-old transitioning genders.

Bake shop cant refuse to sell cupcakes to a trans person
Bake shop can refuse to make/decorate a cake that celebrates something they oppose on moral/ethical/political grounds.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:00 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Shrug. Their restaurant. Good advertising of where not to go if you are a Christian group.
Meh. Church groups are notorious for being terrible tippers, anyway. Check out some waitstaff forums...

Old 12-07-2022, 01:08 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I think most businesses would refuse business from people who want to strip their rights away? So basically I guess you want to attend businesses of the "right sorts" who you feel deserve human rights.
if a business doesn't want my business i will choose another business who does. there are alternative choices, frank. businesses have choices and customers have choices, too.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:09 PM

853 posts, read 337,201 times
I've worked as a chef for 30 years. The Sunday after church crowd are known to be the worst customers you get all week - high maintenance, entitled, rude and bad tippers. The restaurant was probably looking to avoid having a large group of people like that at once. It is likely that this group included people who were known to be difficult regular customers and the restaurant didn't want to deal with it.

"Christianity" as it exists in modern America has little to do with the religion as it was originally created. It was originally a moral philosophy that encouraged people to be better people. It has become a platform for the worst people in our society to be mean and judgemental to everyone else. In America it has become a religion that entitled authoritarians use to try to dominate everybody else. I wonder what Jesus would say?

Old 12-07-2022, 01:13 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Didn't the Supreme court rule that a business could refuse service on religious grounds if it was a closely held belief recently? I could be wrong

It's so confusing trying to keep track of all these SCOTUS cases revolving around who can deny service and for what reason.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:15 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
What, gay people fighting to abolish straight marriage?

The group is not being refused service due to its sexual orientation. It's being refused service due to its fighting for discrimination against those of specific sexual orientations.

You can pick what causes you give your time and money. You cannot pick your sexual orientation (or skin color, or heritage, or disability). We protect the groups that people cannot help being members of.

Is this difficult or something?
in light of this sort of nonsense?

yes. it's extremely difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Didn't the Supreme court rule that a business could refuse service on religious grounds if it was a closely held belief recently? I could be wrong

It's so confusing trying to keep track of all these SCOTUS cases revolving around who can deny service and for what reason.
buddy, you ain't wrong there.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:16 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times
Quote:

Gays celebrate Christmas all the time. Not everybody believes Jesus was homophobic or god forbid even Santa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies