Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does glamorizing pride effect your spending?
I will try not to spend money at a place that shoves pride in my face 171 56.07%
I am more likely to spend money that shoves pride in my face 30 9.84%
No effect on me 104 34.10%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 08:12 AM

6,457 posts, read 6,640,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's a legitimate point. If you are the type of person that can handle seeing the same BS over and over and over and over 24/7, fine. But others are not. They grow weary of the peacocking and overdoing it. If I played the B52's Love Shack in your ears a hundred times a day every day, maybe you'd finally get it. Maybe you'd begin to understand.

I'm going to be crude now to make a LEGITIMATE point. If any of you are easily grossed out, stop here.

------------------------

Let's say I'm an "autosexual." (for those unaware, autosexuals are those who basically get off on themselves or by themselves). So I live alone and I masturbate every chance I get. That being the case, why shouldn't I have my own flag that I get to wave in front of everyone's face? Why shouldn't I have half a store devoted to my "lifestyle"? Why shouldn't everyone be swooning over me because I'm so brave in pounding my chest and telling the world that my sexual preference is masturbation?

And I'll tell you right now, I've brought this point up in other places before and without fail 90% of the "pride" types are typically grossed out by my comment or implication. Why? They expect to be embraced, so why can't they embrace autosexuals? Their typical response is that... wait for it... "It isn't natural."

Oh really? Not natural, eh? But you didn't answer the question: why is there no flag or pin or graphic on a beer can for the brave autosexuals out there that have to live their lives in the shadows of a darkened closet?
Your points are similar to those I was making. Obviously there is no valid reason that same-sex preference gets so much attention, while other sexual preferences are rightfully considered private matters. So we can't expect a rational explanation from "pride" defenders. It's just that the gay community began pulling together decades ago, held high level positions in various companies, and were able to pull this off. By now I think some narcissistic gays enjoy the power of being able to flaunt their "specialness" simply because they can.

That's all it is. Just because they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 08:20 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,618,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Your points are similar to those I was making. Obviously there is no valid reason that same-sex preference gets so much attention, while other sexual preferences are rightfully considered private matters. So we can't expect a rational explanation from "pride" defenders. It's just that the gay community began pulling together decades ago, held high level positions in various companies, and were able to pull this off. By now I think some narcissistic gays enjoy the power of being able to flaunt their "specialness" simply because they can.

That's all it is. Just because they can.
Yep. Exactly right. Unfortunately, the "peacock personality type" seems to be at the head of the line when it comes to homosexuals. I'm sure there are many, many gays that do not want all the parading, flaunting, and publicity--a few right here on this forum. It's too bad they are caught in the middle of this back and forth, because they are not the problem.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:20 AM

25,792 posts, read 21,949,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Are they removing your vagina? If not, then what's the problem?

What other people do with their bodies, what they're into sexually, what clothes they wear, etc.- all that stuff is their business, and not mine.

What ever happened to this being a free country? Do conservatives not believe in that anymore?
Woke tends to be very self-centered, so I understand why one wouldn't care about what is happening to children in general, whether their children or not. See the thing is, we don't want to know what you are sexually doing with your body, but many don't want their kids to be taught about it either. The constant in the face everywhere is the issue.

Free country? It has limits, which the woke refuse to acknowledge. Your rights stop at the doorstep of my rights.

So, we boycott. That is our right. But with the bomb threats toward Target over the LGBTQIA+ merchandise I encourage everyone to AVOID TARGET and be wary of the other retailers that the woke/LGBTQIA+ may target. A BOMB IN A RETAIL STORE WON"T PICK SIDES!!!!!!!!!! The activist are violence and a danger, so beware. Not being able to present an intelligent argument for their "feelings", they strike out with violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one can be pushed into being gay. Thats just not reality. You are born the way you are. But they are being pushed into being heterosexual even if they aren’t…because this is what is expected from them.
They show them books showing two boys having oral sex, that is in the libraries at the elementary schools. They also have one that has an adult fondling a young boy. They show every type of sex. There was the story of two 6 year old having oral sex in the classroom. Those kids were too young to even understand or have sexual feelings, but you see it in a book, and kids try stuff. Woke needs to be woken up! Stores putting these books where children can access them.................

Yes, if they are born that way, why are they so proud and violent against those that don't agree. I am heterosexual, born that way, and I am not proud, need a parade, etc., because being heterosexual is not an accomplishment to be proud of, it is a biological reality that I had NOTHING to do with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The lgbtq activists are the lgbtq's worst enemy.
Exactly, but those not in agreement need to speak out and let people know that the activists don't speak for them. I have heard a couple of trans, and even more gay/lesbian speaking out against the violence, mutilating kids, sexual books in the schools, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
It's not mine either but it's being shoved in our faces now. When will there be BDSM displays in these same stores? What about swingers? I mean, this used to be something you did in the privacy of your own home and I recall people asking that if you allow gay marriage (which I could care less about) what will be next and now we know. Next is apparently indoctrinating children to the lifestyle. Making it seem cool and hip to be gay or bisexual or transsexual. So no, I will shop in these stores.
When they went after the kids, they stepped in it! Yeah, I don't shop in any store that decides to be political.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The Religious Right Wing Control Brigade is out in full force now. Be careful not to wear any multicolored clothes in public, might get wacked by some nut case.
Be careful not to shop at Target, or any other store that doesn't obey the LGBTQIA+ community, as 3 Target stores, so far, have had bomb threats, and is it worth risking your life to shop at Target? AVOID TARGET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why should anybody be proud about how they have sex with the same sex partner?
The thing is, it just seems like their sexuality is the #1 thing in their lives, so maybe they have to be proud of that with nothing else going on. I don't think the bigger problem is gays, just some of the radical ones like the ones that still operate NAMBLA and the ones that are pedophiles (not all belong to an organized group). Pedophiles exist in all demographics of humans. The trans, that is biggest issue, as they forcing big time to "feel" like they are the better part of society, so get all the kids involved early in the schools. I do think that the trans are being used by those that want to push pedophilia as letting kids make sexual decisions, well, we will see that survive, and even though I am older, I expect to see the rise in the fight to allow kids to be sexually exploited by adults openly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If I walk by 18 rainbows at target, I keep walking past it, it’s not what I came to buy. I have taken my kids n grands to stores 100000+ times and we walk past the wine n beer section, the electronics and go look for what we came for.
How hard is that ???
Your choice which is fine. You see that is how it works, you choose to ignore it and shop there. I would not. Also, I won't shop where biological men are in the restroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That wouldn’t be a problem for me.

But if I walk into a store and immediately see rainbow stuff everywhere, then I’m turning around and heading back out the door.

I’m interested in see more red, white and blue than rainbow.
Red, White and Blue. They hate that! Seriously, any show of patriotism could put one in danger, and anything Trump

Celebrate my sexuality? You know in decades now, I would have never considered that, but then I was busy with my life, and my existence was not based on the way I or anyone else chose to have sex, dress, "feel", etc. When they came for the kids, for women's sports, for exclusive women's facilities like bathrooms and dressing rooms, well, it was time to care about such things, and I do.

I boycott stores that become political and push it in my face. So simple, and so far, still legal.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:26 AM

15,837 posts, read 21,372,529 times
Normally it doesn't impact me either way.

However, the LGBTQ panic reminiscent of the Satanic Panic of the 80s has pushed me to put up a rainbow flag for the first time in my life.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:34 AM

18,762 posts, read 11,757,490 times
It has no effect on me whatsoever. Here in America people died for our freedom to live our lives the way we see fit. Not how the government sees fit. Not how some religious fanatics see fit, but how we as individuals see fit. The sooner we kick the fanatical fringe to the curb and reject all this hate, the sooner we unite as American's in one country full of diversity.

There is a gay church around the corner that had rainbow stairs. Some moron came by late at night and painted over them because of hate. The community came together and restored the stairs. One hater vs a whole town. The outrage on our web page was overwhelming in support of the church. They aren't hurting anyone. Leave them alone.

I think that's a reflection of most of us, but it's a minority with the biggest megaphone taking the stage now. Lets just kick them to the cub and put them back in the fringe where they belong.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:35 AM

953 posts, read 740,670 times
Never really shopped Target as they have the cheapest made products of any store, wont affect me.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:35 AM

6,701 posts, read 9,263,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Normally it doesn't impact me either way.

However, the LGBTQ panic reminiscent of the Satanic Panic of the 80s has pushed me to put up a rainbow flag for the first time in my life.
Cool story. But I’m sure it helps your neighbors to know to avoid you.

My neighborhood is majority Democrat and I appreciate when people put signs (IN THIS HOUSE, WE BELIEVE …) and flags on their homes so that they can virtue signal. It helps me to know which people I don’t want to get to know.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:37 AM

9,895 posts, read 9,540,860 times
Since so many companies are jumping on the pride bandwagon, it will be tough to avoid them all. A lot of companies march int the gay pride parades, even your electric company, phone company etc.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:41 AM

10,243 posts, read 6,792,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Never really shopped Target as they have the cheapest made products of any store, wont affect me.
Target doesnt have anything good. Its a cleaner, decluttered version of Walmart serving as a sanctuary for middle aged women to escape to get a dopamine rush for shopping.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:44 AM

15,837 posts, read 21,372,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Cool story. But I’m sure it helps your neighbors to know to avoid you.

My neighborhood is majority Democrat and I appreciate when people put signs (IN THIS HOUSE, WE BELIEVE …) and flags on their homes so that they can virtue signal. It helps me to know which people I don’t want to get to know.

Bless your heart. My next door neighbors are gay and will be surrogate grandparents to my kids. My upstairs neighbor is trans. The like me just fine.

Would it be better if I publicized that I'm an abject pervert who is overly concerned with the genitalia of the people in the stalls next to me in a public restroom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies