Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 01:31 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times

Advertisements

6 woman are dead from or near Portland Oregon.

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...ded-areas.html

One of the victims was last seen near an open air drug market in Portland which had to be shut down because of ODs.

A common complaint in homeless encampents are rapes and violence against woman along with the drugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 03:27 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
We are so lenient on crime in the US, it’s a wonder more people don’t wind up murdered.

I was listening to a podcast about serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells. He had murdered before, just not caught yet, and then he tried to murder a woman, she escaped, and he ended up getting 5 years. That’s it, for attempted murder. He got out, and just continued murdering people until he was finally caught for good.

So many lives ruined because of our leniency on crime.

We are such a stupid country, and we deserve what happens.

Every time you go out in public, you have no idea what lunatics are out there.

Old 06-02-2023, 03:43 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
I don't know what people expected when they supported the big push to "defund cops" all over the country.

It was obvious to me that if you got lax on crime the criminals would become more emboldened.
The revolving door of justice is almost immediate now for most crimes..even attempted murder.
They are back out on the street in no time.

Old 06-02-2023, 04:31 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Better not defend yourself against this creep, otherwise one of Soro's far left DAs will make an example out of you

Those homeless camps (or Bidenvilles today) have always been a hotbed for crime though. There is a very good reason regulations have existed to prevent those types of "settlements" from taking root in densely populated communities. They are generally a huge safety concern for everyone.

If you want to camp outside, there is always the woods. And yes, I actually knew homeless people who lived out in the woods. They seemed to be generally happy and safe, and they weren't surrounded by blight, misery, drugs, feces, mentally ill people, criminals, etc. If I were homeless, that's where I would go.

Old 06-02-2023, 04:37 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
A very telling clue is one victim used to be seen around an open air drug market in a state where drugs have been decriminalized.

Nah, criminals wouldn't do drugs or hang out where the druggies are.

Old 06-02-2023, 04:38 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Yep. Google Green River Killer.

Hopefully DNA helps locate the suspect(s).

I mean holy snot batman, homeless women in particular get felonied all the time.
(They shouldn't be because there is clearly no difference between men and women and they can at any moment declare themselves men and overpower their attackers as there are no phyisical differences once a declaration has been made.)

But yeah, Defund...power to the people. The irony is palpable.

Old 06-02-2023, 05:43 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I don't know what people expected when they supported the big push to "defund cops" all over the country.

It was obvious to me that if you got lax on crime the criminals would become more emboldened.
The revolving door of justice is almost immediate now for most crimes..even attempted murder.
They are back out on the street in no time.

Remember when the Left accused the Right of wanting anarchy, telling us to move to Venezuela if we wanted small government?

Now they're getting a taste of what anarchy actually looks like.

Old 06-02-2023, 06:22 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Better not defend yourself against this creep, otherwise one of Soro's far left DAs will make an example out of you

Those homeless camps (or Bidenvilles today) have always been a hotbed for crime though. There is a very good reason regulations have existed to prevent those types of "settlements" from taking root in densely populated communities. They are generally a huge safety concern for everyone.

If you want to camp outside, there is always the woods. And yes, I actually knew homeless people who lived out in the woods. They seemed to be generally happy and safe, and they weren't surrounded by blight, misery, drugs, feces, mentally ill people, criminals, etc. If I were homeless, that's where I would go.
They were there when Trump was in office. Were they "Trumpvilles" back then?

Old 06-02-2023, 08:28 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
I suspect the killer's name starts with the letter F; most of the deceased didn't have outward physical trauma.

Whatever happened to these women isn't the result of budget cuts for LE that Portland City Council members voted on during the summer of 2020. These marginalized types have never had police protection. There's no real sense here that these deaths are the result of a serial killer ala Bundy or Ridgeway (who both operated during times when LE was pretty well-funded).

Old 06-02-2023, 08:32 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
They were there when Trump was in office. Were they "Trumpvilles" back then?

I'm sure there were many smug liberals that called them that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Google Green River Killer.

Hopefully DNA helps locate the suspect(s).

I mean holy snot batman, homeless women in particular get felonied all the time.
(They shouldn't be because there is clearly no difference between men and women and they can at any moment declare themselves men and overpower their attackers as there are no phyisical differences once a declaration has been made.)

But yeah, Defund...power to the people. The irony is palpable.

CHOP/CHAZ had to be shut down because of all the violence, rape, killings, etc. Even left to their own accord, the far left model for civilization collapses and is quickly consumed by chaos. And you know what... That's probably for the best. It didn't look like their "gardens" were going to sustain them through the long, cold winter months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies