Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:28 PM

42 posts, read 121,735 times

Advertisements

Now what do you suppose would happen if I started a post entitled "Should We Nuke Israel"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
You would be getting called a bigot, racist, anti-semitism, etc... and the thread would be closed and you would get a warning.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Negotiator 75

Are you asking if we should commit mass murder just because they might possibly be a threat? If you really mean the question the answer is a very emphatic - NO!

Should we do this if IRAN threatens or actually attacks either any of our "friends" in the Middle East like Israel, Iraq or Saudi Arabia? Answer is again NO! We do not have "friends" in the Middle East.

Should we nuke Iran if they are in the way of our control of the Caspian oil fields? Again - No! The people around the Caspian sea should control their own oil.

NUKE IRAN - I am appalled.
What would be a good approach in order to restructure Iran with minimal loss of life?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:08 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Negotiator I think it is time for a name change as this one does not reflect your approach in the least. I find the "nuke" the world approach to be extremely arrogant. Who said we have a right to judge others as not deserving to live and prosper? This is not a game of Risk and what you propose is mass murder.
I never said that "I think we should"... it is a question that needed to be asked since we have all heard it countless times.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:17 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
There is no good approach.

The only hope is economic wise, iran has a huge young population and their economy pretty much sucks.

Ahmadinanjad is just the president, the real power is with the ayatolla. It is thought that the preseident is actually playing the fence, trying to appeal to the radical elements of Iran while trying to avoid a war which he has much experience at as he was in the Iran-Iraq war.

I say the best thing is to open up relations with them and along with that the youth will slowly become more inspired to do something, sort of what we did with the cold war though it is a whole different set of circumstances.

It is clearly obvious sanctions do not work, they have never worked.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:18 AM

62 posts, read 97,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Cry us a river. At the end of the day no one would really care besides a few bleeding hearts.

To answer the OP question, the answer would be no. Too many economic and political questions are raised here. Morally, don't really care.
I guess, since morality is out of the door, then can you tell me please why are we crying rivers over september 11 victimis, ohh i see, it must be the economical and political ramifications!!!!!!

i cannot help but petty people like you. I'm sure if your family got bombed, all you will be worrying about is the damage done to the house. see why you are a poor soul.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 AM

62 posts, read 97,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
ehh, i got a news for you silas, i noticed that all your replies about our foriegn policy revolves somehow around Israel, not only in this thread but almost any other. So here is the news, are you prepared?!!! I could care less what happens to Israel, i'm thinking about the US and the US only. Our envolvment with Israel is causing us all the trouble we are facing in the world. This state is nothing but a leech that is sucking our blood out, and instead of fighting it, we are wecloming it.

So please, if you want to make a point about why it is ok to consider Iran an enemy, I would at least expect you to pretend to care for America's interests not Israel's. Maybe it has not dawned on you yet, but Israel now is being compared to the appartied state that existed in South Africa, and it is not far away from being compared to the Nazi state of Germany that existed merely 60 years ago.

Call me crazy, but I don't like my country to be associated with such a state.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
We should open as much trade with IRAN as possible and let American advertising seduce their population into becoming as short term greedy as us. Nuking them would be unproductive and entirely immoral. Not to mention WRONG.

Israel is becoming just like the states that terrorized the Jews because they fear that a populous democracy will eliminate their power and privilege. They have colonized Palestine for their own benefit and now have to live in the world they created. The current crop of Israeli leaders are not our friends. They are bullies looking for our mindless protection. They do not deserve it. The people of Israel may but the politicians do not.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:40 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,814,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Should we turn Iran into a giant mirror, just get it over with?

We're all forgetting the main problem with doing that: increasing global warming!!!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:19 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crowley View Post
Now what do you suppose would happen if I started a post entitled "Should We Nuke Israel"?
I guess the obvious question's would be raised ,starting with ,what grade are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies