Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
not this argument again. While I'm all for adoption, it is NOT kwflconch's or anyone else's responsiblity to pick up the slack because someone else SCREWED UP!!!!

Nor is it his or your responsiblilty to tell a woman what to do with her life changing events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Good parents know when an abortion could be a good move. I'm a parent with 2 abortions, 2 miscarriages, and no regrets.
You are awesome!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Nor is it his or your responsiblilty to tell a woman what to do with her life changing events.
Where did I say that?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Where did I say that?
"not this argument again. While I'm all for adoption, it is NOT kwflconch's or anyone else's responsiblity to pick up the slack because someone else SCREWED UP!!!!"

Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
"not this argument again. While I'm all for adoption, it is NOT kwflconch's or anyone else's responsiblity to pick up the slack because someone else SCREWED UP!!!!"
How is that telling "a woman what to do with her life changing events." She is not responsible for adopting someone else's unwanted child.

I didn't mention anything about telling a woman what to do with her body or her "life changing events".

Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
When my 18 year old son and his 17 year old gf decided to forego common sense and have sex at their young age, as soon as I found out I gave him the "your responsibility to avoid pregnancy" speech. Also, since his gf is a devout catholic, who I know would never consider abortion, I instructed him to keep his suit cleaned and pressed because he would be marched before a minister (or whoever) if a pregnancy developed. He assured me they were very careful (where have I heard that before!!!)

And yes, I know that sounds 1890s, but that's how I feel and he knows that's one thing I'm not flexible on. A child needs two parents. End of story.

And for those of you who are going to be quick to point out that you can't force people to marry, I know that. I'm hoping my "take no prisoners" approach will give him pause.
The GF can't be too much of a devout Catholic if she is getting banged by the BF before marriage.

And thats just dandy advice, try to force two people to get married out of nothing more than they couldn't be responsible, so hey, they will automatically responsible when they sign a little peice of paper saying they are married!

Then everyone will be shocked and surprised when one of them cheats on the other because he/she never actually loved the other and they get divorced.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
After this past week I have to say I even more "pro-choice" than I could imagine. My husband had a vasectomy (we already have 4 very wanted and loved children and are absolutely DONE). Imagine my horror when I, an almost over the hill mom, has a pregnancy scare. So many fears and questions. This unusual and rare occurrence could have been disastrous for me and my family and really could have been resolved in only one way- the choice to terminate. I am so thankful that I don't have to make this choice (everything turned out ok), but am grateful that I have this choice.

Pro-lifers should NEVER make assumptions as to who/why women might need to make this personal decision. Sometimes it's moms that are finished having kids, use birth control (in this case permanent birth control) and cannot possibly afford/raise/have time for another child and cannot carry a full term pregnancy without health risks for the baby/mom. I am certainly not prepared to give up a child for adoption at my age whilst trying to explain this complicated issue to my other 4 kids.

Spare me and all women the judgment and ill informed bs about "screwing up" or being in any way irresponsible. It's just not always like that.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:11 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
Abortion Is The Act Of Aborting A Baby Still In The Process Of Being Developed. I Think That Abortions Is Wrong Because You Have A Growing Human Being Inside Another Human Being. You And Another Man Created That Baby, And If You Accidently Got Pregnant, Women Just Decide "well, I Dont Want The Baby, I'll Just Abort So I Don't Have To Worry About It Anymore" Killing The Baby Just Because A Woman Doesn't Want Doesn't Make It Fair For The Baby. Why Can't The Baby Just Be Put Up For Adoption, And Give It To Another Family Who Are Struggling To Create Their Own Life, That Just Makes More Sense, Doesn't It?!! Aborting A Baby Is Also A Sinful Act Too, Because You're murderingyour Own Child! That You Created! I Can't Imagine That Someone Would Even Want To Consider Even Having An Abortion. And What If Your Parents Had Aborted You, You Wouldn't Even Be Here Right Now. Now Think About That! God Told Us To Be Fruitful And Multiply, Apparently Some Women Just Want To Do Their Careers First Instead Family, Which Family Is More Important Than Work And Money, I Guess That's Why They Have Abortions. Now I Can Understand If You Want Your Family To Financially Secure.

I Just Think That Abortions Should Be Illegal Except For In Cases Of Incest And Rape, What Do You Guys Think?
I don't think you have the slightest clue what you're talking about. If you are so opposed to abortion, don't have one.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:32 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,160,607 times
Abortion topics often become heated debates.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 PM

65 posts, read 299,905 times
Default abortions

Have you heard of seperation of church and state?

Maybe you are not religous, but in my experience most pro-life activists cite religous text to justify an abortion ban. But in this country laws can not be made based on someones religous beliefs, so therefore abortion should be a personal choice that is frankly, none of your business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies