Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is something that we have all known for many years. But liberals (excluding the liberal elite, who will always drive big expensive cars) want us to drive "kiddie cars".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Heard they might have a buyer for the hummer.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:03 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is something that we have all known for many years. But liberals (excluding the liberal elite, who will always drive big expensive cars) want us to drive "kiddie cars".
No one is asking you to buy a mini-car - I wouldn't even feel safe in one...

The entire post is about the death of the big SUVs, and especially of the Hummer. By the way - you can still buy them if you want - no one is stopping you...

The point is - they are not sustainable given current market dynamics - so buy one if you want - but do it soon - the H1 may not be in production much longer...

Old 04-20-2009, 06:07 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,198,453 times
Most of the hummers I've seen are advertising a small biz. Hey,let's get some peel and stick vinyl graphics and slap Mary's hair Salon on the back window, get a good CPA and right it off on the schedule c while looking fly running around town on personal business. That's the kind of welfare I want to see stopped.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:34 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
you are the one that said every politician is crooked. I'm just giving you the chance to prove your point.
I think you should wake up to reality. Politicians and CEO's are in it for the money, not to please American Citizens. Why you would mention bush or anyone for that matter is beyond comprehension, I said all, which means all, and not single out or identify one or the other.

And, I don't need to prove my point unless you have lived in a cave all of your life, and know nothing about CEO's or politicians. 2 words pal, "personal gain".

This is America, for all I care, you can drive a tank if you can afford it, I could care less about what people drive. I think it's funny to see a 95 pound blonde woman emerge from a vehicle that is about 1/2 the size of a tank. She needs that protection to keep the wolves away.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
I never mentioned bush, why have you? oh, I get it, you understand how he took the US of A into this, so, evidently, you know more than we do.

that wasnt bush, that was carter that took the USA into the toilet.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:58 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that wasnt bush, that was carter that took the USA into the toilet.
Thanks for clarifying that for me, as I've been busy in my silver mine over the past 40 some years.

Why are you still about carter? You're not disgruntled are you?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
No one is asking you to buy a mini-car - I wouldn't even feel safe in one...

The entire post is about the death of the big SUVs, and especially of the Hummer. By the way - you can still buy them if you want - no one is stopping you...

The point is - they are not sustainable given current market dynamics - so buy one if you want - but do it soon - the H1 may not be in production much longer...
They are not substainable or affordable to you, because you don't earn enough. Some of us do, and want the choice to buy whatever we want to.

Hummer will find a buyer, and will continue to sell to a niche market. Nothing you can do about it.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
So I guess your attitude is drive like an a-hole and don't worry about it because the other guy will get crushed.

People like you give conservatives/Americans-in-general a bad name. Maybe in 20 years will all drive Abrams tanks (actually, that'd be pretty f-ing cool). You know, "it's for the children".
Noooooo...... my attitude is, accidents happen, and I am going to put my family in a rig that keeps them as safe as possible, I dont want my sons and wife sitting in some little sardine can that puts their heads at the same level as others feet. Like I said before, I dont care what you drive, It's those like the op who want to tell the rest of us we are bad for driving what we choose, because of their politics hiding behind phony science.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Hmm...an Abrams tank...darn good idea. Always a parking space at your disposal in an Abrams tank! Can you get one on Ebay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies