Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Take a look at any blue collar worker. They used to read the paper, become an informed voter, know the issues. They may not have had a college education, but they were smarter than many of today's "educated" BS/BA graduates.

What do these blue collar folk do now? Well, if they're actually working, they're drinking and causing trouble.
Well they can all tell you who won on "Survivor" or what the latest scoop on Britney is, but sadly they do not keep up with current global or local events and most don't even care what the government does or who runs it..just look at your last local election results ..the numbers are pitiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losertarian View Post
I think that if we got the goverment out of trying to control peoples lives by regulating seat belt laws, and each and every type of control law, that alot of people would eventually weed themselves out of the gene pool.
So you're sort of a proud Social Darwinist, then?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
How many people do you know in your life that are just plain stupid and have no desire to improve or even care?

It seems that when you use terms like "Common Sense", well that can be scary because having sense doesn't seem to be that common.

I think its scary that 75% of us out there are total idiots. The remaining 25% of us are the ones that carry the weight, we make things happen, we design, we create, we work hard, raise good kids and contribute to society.

Anyone agree or disagree? What do you think?
I'm not trying to be funny, but just look at this board. About 75% are total sheep with zero capacity of independent thought or ability to think & reason. Then there are about 25% who do to some varying degree.

But I'd say you're right. I've made many a post about this. Until people learn more how to think & reason instead of living in Orwell's "1984" we'll have the general mess we do.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losertarian View Post
I think that if we got the goverment out of trying to control peoples lives by regulating seat belt laws, and each and every type of control law, that alot of people would eventually weed themselves out of the gene pool.
You have to wonder, you buy electronic products like computer parts or a DVD player and sometimes you see that little packet of silica gel, its there to absorb moisture. But if you look at the packet closely, it says "do no eat".

Another example is when you get coffee at McDonalds, there is a warning label that says "Caution, Hot Coffee".

This further proves the point, don't you all agree?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:59 PM

358 posts, read 518,452 times
Quote:
You have to wonder, you buy electronic products like computer parts or a DVD player and sometimes you see that little packet of silica gel, its there to absorb moisture. But if you look at the packet closely, it says "do no eat".

Another example is when you get coffee at McDonalds, there is a warning label that says "Caution, Hot Coffee".

This further proves the point, don't you all agree?

yep, it just goes to show that there are plenty of stupid people that the goverment has no authority in making laws against.
who truly cares if they got weeded out of the gene pool.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
So you're sort of a proud Social Darwinist, then?

nope, I am a Libertarian/Constitutionalist. I believe that limited goverment is what the supreme law of the land, also known as the Constitution and Bill of Rights had intended upon for the USA.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 PM

413 posts, read 782,628 times
Typical liberal elitist speech. "We are intellectuals, you are sheep". Seen 10 000 000+ times in the past 12 months on the web. :-) Liberalism is a tumor ready to evolve into full-blown cancer (nazism, communism...).

Old 06-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
Typical liberal elitist speech. "We are intellectuals, you are sheep". Seen 10 000 000+ times in the past 12 months on the web. :-) Liberalism is a tumor ready to evolve into full-blown cancer (nazism, communism...).

thing is, that most elitist facist liberals are also sheep. 90% of the population are sheep, 7% are the goverment wolves and the other 3% are the sheepdogs that are trying to protect the sheep.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,601,386 times
Talking demtion35

Quote:
How many people do you know in your life that are just plain stupid and have no desire to improve or even care?

It seems that when you use terms like "Common Sense", well that can be scary because having sense doesn't seem to be that common.

I think its scary that 75% of us out there are total idiots. The remaining 25% of us are the ones that carry the weight, we make things happen, we design, we create, we work hard, raise good kids and contribute to society.

Anyone agree or disagree? What do you think?
Who was it that had a song maybe thirty years ago now. Went something like this "Pi--ing" in the wind, betting on a losing friend, and making the same mistakes wed swear wed never make again".

"All my rowdy friends have settled down" Hank Jr.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:12 PM

502 posts, read 1,066,384 times
It's human nature to think you're special.

Sorry, but you're not.

I am, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies