Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:47 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,450,672 times

Advertisements

I believe Bush has made numerous mistakes, but I respect and love his character, and that's why I shall always have his back.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:53 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,619,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Great post and all of you have made some very good points. The only thing I wish nothing more for us to pull out but, where will this leave us un the eyes of the world. There goes the U.S. make a mess and then, bail. Where does these leave the honest Iraqis if there are ones. Seems like we well, our government started this I don't know how we end it.
By leaving Iraq the terrorist will take over and it will be breeding ground for them. Were does this leave Israel? Some say why should we worry about Israel if your GOD fearing then, you should know why we MUST worry about Israel. If Israel falls we all fall.
Seems like more could have been done to control Saddam at least he had control of Iran.
Like one solider was talking we destroyed the Iraq army now we are trying to build them up wondering why they don't trust us. This is tough I have 2 boys that if the draft happens they will be there. I have one son that just wants to protect his country and really doesn't realize how corrupt our government is. Always remember the Democrats were for the war before they were against the war. I don't trust either party any more.

Control Saddam? Yea that would have worked. No offense, but the man was a loonie, you dont control loons, he proved that. Hitler a loonie, Stalin a loonie, President of N Korea loonie, Iran leader a loonie.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I believe Bush has made numerous mistakes, but I respect and love his character, and that's why I shall always have his back.
Yep, gotta agree here. I dont agree with everything he stands for or does. Bush is human, humans make mistakes. I have yet to meet a perfect person that does everything right, or knows everything and how it should be done, although they sure like to claim they do. I dont think taking Saddam out was a mistake.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,325,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Control Saddam? Yea that would have worked. No offense, but the man was a loonie, you dont control loons, he proved that. Hitler a loonie, Stalin a loonie, President of N Korea loonie, Iran leader a loonie.

You missed a loonie.

Bush is and was a failure. But don't blame me, I never voted for him.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
You missed a loon.

Bush is and was a failure. But don't look at me, I never voted for him.
matter of opinion. you are right I missed two loons, I could never have voted for the loonie idiot robot Gore, Or the loonie self serving egotistical rich idiot Kerry.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:00 AM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times
George W. Bush may not go down in history as the worst President in US history, but he's definitely going to make the Top 5 list.

He botched Iraq. He squandered all the goodwill toward the US post-9/11. Not just squandered it. He spit on it. The economy is a mess. American manufacturing and industry is getting more and more non-existent every day. We are an economy of consumers while everything is made overseas. The corruption within the Republican leadership may be the worst since Ulysses S. Grant. A just (and enforced) policy on illegal aliens is nonexistent. The middle class is struggling. Health care is a mess. National debt is skyrocketing. China and the Middle East buy up more of our economy (and debt) every year. North Korea is now a nuclear power. China has undergone (and is still undergoing) its largest military buildup since WW II.

What a sad, awful mess. All on Bush's watch, and much of it directly his fault. Even the stuff that wasn't, he has either mishandled or refused to deal with.

I'm not a Democrat. Registered Independent. I've got major problems with several big planks in the Democratic Party. But I won't vote Republican again till the neoconservatives are out of power.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:03 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times
I'm not a Democrat. Registered Independent. I've got major problems with several big planks in the Democratic Party. But I won't vote Republican again till the neoconservatives are out of power.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:03 AM

I didnt know one man ran the country!! I thought he had help from congress, couldnt they override him, thats what I thought. I didnt realize he could just say, this is the way it is going to be and thats that.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:04 AM

512 posts, read 1,749,971 times
I voted for him in 04. I honestly believe that since 1992, we have elected a bunch of miserable failures, especially Bill Clinton.

Bush is a liberal. Clinton is a liberal. G HW Bush is a liberal. They all expanded the government.

Now, the economy is booming. But, not sure how much a president can influence that.

Reagan was the best president of my life so far.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,325,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I didnt know one man ran the country!! I thought he had help from congress, couldnt they override him, thats what I thought. I didnt realize he could just say, this is the way it is going to be and thats that.
You're right no one man runs the country. But you can trick congress by cherry picking faulty intelligence reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies