Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
didn't I already call you out? if you are so liberal, why do you live in the most conservative city in the south when you are only minutes from the most liberal? you worship bob jones, that's why. that and asheville is a DUMP. I know, why don't we do this art. if barack's billionaire buddies would give away all their money to the poor, we wouldn't have a problem now would we? the example of a guy making $200k isn't an example of someone inheriting a huge sum of money. it's an example of someone with a good job who deserves more than someone who chooses to do less.
Who lives in Ashville? I have a company down there.. that towns a dump!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 07:41 PM

68,276 posts, read 54,010,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Burdell, please seek help with your inability to focus..

Given your habitual commentary on what you think you've read rather than what's actually there I have to ask: Is there any point to your post other than enjoying reading your own blather?

IF you ever took the time to understand what you read you MIGHT see I was commenting on the OP's apparent belief that the judgement of a man is $$$ with no other qualifier. Then again, YOU probably wouldn't.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:50 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,795,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME, I had NO IDEA I was in the presence of someone who has "vast knowledge of all things"

You're free to start demonstrating that anytime you care to.
if you got a question, feel free to ask.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am poor but I am not evil. I have worked since I was 17 and am, well, am several decades older now. I raised my son by myself since he was 5 weeks old and worked all my life, no handouts. I paid into the Social Security system and now I am in need of knee replacements and cannot get them because I work for a company that has no sick time, no short-term disability and substandard insurance. You think I could get some of that Social Security money now? Heck no. I have to be half dead and the other foot on a banana peel.
you are one of the good ones. this thread is more about those who don't spend within their means and think they are entitled to a upscale lifestyle that they can't afford just cause someone else has it.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:54 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,416,245 times
Quote:
you are one of the good ones. this thread is more about those who don't spend within their means and think they are entitled to a upscale lifestyle that they can't afford just cause someone else has it.
Sorry for varying away from the thread, I just wanted a bit of sympathy

Old 06-07-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
And I can tell just how well YOU'VE been educated, the PROPER replacemnet for the bold word above would be you're

I can see your self-professed "vast knowledge of all things" doesn't include language skills

And BTW, "programed"(sic) gets TWO 'M's! I guess your "vast knowledge" doesn't include spelling either.
since we are pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes because of quick posting, I shall point out a few of yours. don't start sentences with and. also, please feel free to check your spelling on the words appointed, replacement, and judgment.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Given your habitual commentary on what you think you've read rather than what's actually there I have to ask: Is there any point to your post other than enjoying reading your own blather?

IF you ever took the time to understand what you read you MIGHT see I was commenting on the OP's apparent belief that the judgement of a man is $$$ with no other qualifier. Then again, YOU probably wouldn't.
actually my judgment of a man is character. people who hold themselves responsible for their own actions. not people who screw up and expect the rest of the world to revolve around them.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,985,911 times
Quote:
you do not know my kind at all. I have been to both public and private school, but I can tell your government educated because you sound programed. I have vast knowledge of all things.
Are you a satirical caricature?

Old 06-07-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
Are you a satirical caricature?
how did you know?

Old 06-07-2008, 08:03 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,985,911 times
You can't be real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies