Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Ignorance is one of the reason the U.S. quality of life is so much lower than it is in other nations.

Thankfully those who advocate for barbarianism are rarely listened to seriously. It's like a blind man claiming he knows all about astronomy but, of-course can't see the sun overhead.

When one doesn't know anything about a topic other than an emotional knee-jerk response he/she may want to yield to those who have an understanding.

Sorry if some are upset about this response. Maybe a few college courses in basic psychology will help you enter the 21st century and be a better person.
I'm not going to get into a p***ing contest over who has the most education but suffice it to say I have a 4 year degree and took a few pshychology classes (albiet that was 15 years ago). All the pshch classes in the world will not change my opinion that people need to be punished. The reason why this great country of ours is going to h*** in a handbasket is b/c we coddle everyone now. Children are not taught boundaries and run wild and crazy from birth b/c if we say anything to them it damages their little self esteems. This just continues on until they know absolutely nothing about respect or right and wrong. Criminals get free education, work out rooms, cable tv, three squares, and snacks. I know it's not all rosy but for the most part, prison is a free place to live with perks. They are not rehabilitating anyone. Anyone capable of doing what these two monsters did is not capable of being rehabilitated. It's a nice thought that they can be but pedophiles, rapists, child abusers, etc, are what they are. I know many on here are not Christians and don't believe in God but I believe in "an eye for eye" and "Do unto others". I may be taking them out of context but that's the way I feel. Accusing others of being uneducated b/c they refuse to sympathize with criminals who torture and kill a small child is ludicrous and baseless. We are not like other species of animals who kill their weak. We are supposed to nurture and care for them and raise them to be responsible adults. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to take fewer psych classes and visit the real world a little more often. And maybe if those in charge did start listening to those of us who are for using the same barbaric measures to punish someone that they used on their victims, our prison system might be just a little less clogged up. And I don't mean for minor offenses. I'm talking about the pedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 06:40 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I'm not going to get into a p***ing contest over who has the most education but suffice it to say I have a 4 year degree and took a few pshychology classes (albiet that was 15 years ago). All the pshch classes in the world will not change my opinion that people need to be punished. The reason why this great country of ours is going to h*** in a handbasket is b/c we coddle everyone now. Children are not taught boundaries and run wild and crazy from birth b/c if we say anything to them it damages their little self esteems. This just continues on until they no absolutely nothing about respect or right and wrong. Criminals get free education, work out rooms, cable tv, three squares, and snacks. I know it's not all rosy but for the most part, prison is a free place to live with perks. They are not rehabilitating anyone. Anyone capable of doing what these two monsters did is not capable of being rehabilitated. It's a nice thought that they can be but pedophiles, rapists, child abusers, etc, are what they are. I know many on here are not Christians and don't believe in God but I believe in "an eye for eye" and "Do unto others". I may be taking them out of context but that's the way I feel. Accusing others of being uneducated b/c they refuse to sympathize with criminals who torture and kill a small child is ludicrous and baseless. We are not like other species of animals who kill their weak. We are supposed to nurture and care for them and raise them to be responsible adults. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to take fewer psych classes and visit the real world a little more often.
you actually anything that person says seriously? give me a break. read all their posts. they act like jesus and as if everyone on earth wants to live in california. yeah, we should all be so lucky as to be in foreclosure and smog.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you actually anything that person says seriously? give me a break. read all their posts. they act like jesus and as if everyone on earth wants to live in california. yeah, we should all be so lucky as to be in foreclosure and smog.
I wanted to respond b/c it p***ed me off so I did. I'm from the South born and bred so that especially got me fired up this morning

Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
I wanted to respond b/c it p***ed me off so I did. I'm from the South born and bred so that especially got me fired up this morning
I don't let it **** me off. it's too much of a joke to get upset over it.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM

994 posts, read 1,544,251 times
Pretty bad, but does it compare to the thousands of Iraqi babies bombed and burned for Bush's lie?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Pretty bad, but does it compare to the thousands of Iraqi babies bombed and burned for Bush's lie?
sounds like a good bumper sticker. I actually heard it was bush who crucified jesus.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:11 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Does it matter than Sadam had two sons torture and murder innocent women, children and men? We sat by and ignored Hitlers abuse of the Jews and we sat by and ignored the abuse by this barbarian. I am glad he is gone and went like the little man that he was.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:19 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
I'm not going to get into a p***ing contest over who has the most education but suffice it to say I have a 4 year degree and took a few pshychology classes (albiet that was 15 years ago). All the pshch classes in the world will not change my opinion that people need to be punished. The reason why this great country of ours is going to h*** in a handbasket is b/c we coddle everyone now. Children are not taught boundaries and run wild and crazy from birth b/c if we say anything to them it damages their little self esteems. This just continues on until they know absolutely nothing about respect or right and wrong. Criminals get free education, work out rooms, cable tv, three squares, and snacks. I know it's not all rosy but for the most part, prison is a free place to live with perks. They are not rehabilitating anyone. Anyone capable of doing what these two monsters did is not capable of being rehabilitated. It's a nice thought that they can be but pedophiles, rapists, child abusers, etc, are what they are. I know many on here are not Christians and don't believe in God but I believe in "an eye for eye" and "Do unto others". I may be taking them out of context but that's the way I feel. Accusing others of being uneducated b/c they refuse to sympathize with criminals who torture and kill a small child is ludicrous and baseless. We are not like other species of animals who kill their weak. We are supposed to nurture and care for them and raise them to be responsible adults. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to take fewer psych classes and visit the real world a little more often. And maybe if those in charge did start listening to those of us who are for using the same barbaric measures to punish someone that they used on their victims, our prison system might be just a little less clogged up. And I don't mean for minor offenses. I'm talking about the pedophiles, rapists, murderers, etc.
Thanks for your reply even though you exaggerated/distorted my statements. It may help you to read all my statements starting on the first page.

If you went to college like you claim then you must have failed a few since as you claim: "All the pshch classes in the world will not change my opinion that people need to be punished." Sounds like some fire & brimstone preacher denying that the world is older than 4000 yrs. College provides more than studying for exams, it primarily gives the individual opportunity to learn about themselves. Wonder what you think when you see ignorance all around yet you prefer to hold on to your emotional prejudice & immaturity.

You point out what I have also mentioned that children who are not well cared for by their parents are candidates for the very thing we both abhor. So you blame the parents and life goes on without any thing done to address the problem. Like others, you merely express anger with no feasible solutions other than punishment/death penalty.

Evidently you are not a Christian and that has no bearing on this problem anyway but the example that Christ taught actually is quite effective in today's world of hate & unspeakable violence.

I have, in-fact worked in the "ghettos" among those who see no hope for themselves and continue to perpetuate the very thing that has caused them grief. The treatment of children is vital in how they will become adults. If one tortures a puppy the dog will become violent & dangerous. Kids are like little puppies & need to be nurtured & well cared for in order to be strong, compassionate adults and parents.

This is basic psychology btw & suggests to me that you slept through those classes or perhaps actually never did attend college since your statement is rather anti-intellectual.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Thanks for your reply even though you exaggerated/distorted my statements. It may help you to read all my statements starting on the first page.

If you went to college like you claim then you must have failed a few since as you claim: "All the pshch classes in the world will not change my opinion that people need to be punished." Sounds like some fire & brimstone preacher denying that the world is older than 4000 yrs. College provides more than studying for exams, it primarily gives the individual opportunity to learn about themselves. Wonder what you think when you see ignorance all around yet you prefer to hold on to your emotional prejudice & immaturity.

You point out what I have also mentioned that children who are not well cared for by their parents are candidates for the very thing we both abhor. So you blame the parents and life goes on without any thing done to address the problem. Like others, you merely express anger with no feasible solutions other than punishment/death penalty.

Evidently you are not a Christian and that has no bearing on this problem anyway but the example that Christ taught actually is quite effective in today's world of hate & unspeakable violence.

I have, in-fact worked in the "ghettos" among those who see no hope for themselves and continue to perpetuate the very thing that has caused them grief. The treatment of children is vital in how they will become adults. If one tortures a puppy the dog will become violent & dangerous. Kids are like little puppies & need to be nurtured & well cared for in order to be strong, compassionate adults and parents.

This is basic psychology btw & suggests to me that you slept through those classes or perhaps actually never did attend college since your statement is rather anti-intellectual.
Blah, blah, blah. Not everyone who goes to college falls for the liberal bleeding heart crap. You commit a crime, you should face the consequences. I know that is too simple for your supposed high intelligence to understand but if you try hard enough to think, it might make sense.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah. Not everyone who goes to college falls for the liberal bleeding heart crap. You commit a crime, you should face the consequences. I know that is too simple for your supposed high intelligence to understand but if you try hard enough to think, it might make sense.
but he is the ultra far left guy from california, so he must be right. you can't question a liberal who claims to be a college graduate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies