Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 03:06 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times

Advertisements

NO personal attacks.
Please get back to the original topic of LATE TERM ABORTIONS.

forum rules, please read them

Old 06-13-2008, 03:07 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You view it as a life, I view it as a blob.

I was compassionate towards my already living self.
A blob? Really?

Old 06-13-2008, 03:11 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Yes, a blob. If I viewed it as a "life", I would consider abortion murder, wouldn't I?

(I believe we may be steering the thread into OT land, which could anger the mods)

The original intent of my post was to confirm through personal experience that, yes, there are sonogram machines in clinics, they are nessecary to determine gestational age.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:55 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
It should be a requirement to view the baby and listen to the heartbeat so you can listen to life you're about to murder.
I had an abortion 12 years ago. Once when I was in the clinic for something else, the nurse was flipping thru my file & I happened to see the sonogram picture. I said to myself "Oh how cute, it looks just like a peanut" & then went on my merry way.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:01 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Absolutely! The problem is that there are too many sperm donors and baby machines out there (who I affectionately refer to as breeders) who aren't responsible. They have babies by the barrel and rely on government assistance, which is YOUR tax money and MINE to pay for their irresponsible baby making. That includes all the public schools we're paying for which are really nothing more than free day care centers for breeders. As I mentioned before, the fact that so many gov't "entitlements" are being given to all these breeders doesn't seem to bother the pro life crowd very much ... which leads me to believe that pro lifers are really closet liberals.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything specific about procreation being a right. We have the right to keep and bear ARMS ... not keep & bear children. Therefore, if it's not a right, it becomes a privilege. Privileges can legally be taken away if they are abused. Personally, I don't favor the government dictating how many children someone can have ... but I do favor taking away all these so called entitlements that the government hands out to people with children. If they can't afford the upbringing of children, they have no business having them, and they have no right to expect taxpayers to subsidize their reproductive habits.
Holy cow! Is that what you learned in school? That's frightening. Please be from another country and just arrived and are 12 years old...please!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
You know, if a woman were FORCED to keep, raise, and support her child, the arguement for abortion might make more sense...I doubt if I'd agree with it but it would at least make more sense. But a woman is not put in that position. There are thousands and thousands of loving homes just waiting and praying for the opportunity to adopt a baby. So what it boils down to is a woman enduring 9 months of pregnancy in order to provide 80 years of life to another. I have a hard time convincing myself that 80 years of life isn't worth a few months of discomfort. And for those who say that they just couldn't stand to "give away their baby" I have a question. If you have a puppy and because or a change of circumstances you have to move to a place where you can't keep your puppy, do you take it out and kill it or do you try to find a good home for it? I'd bet very few of you would take away the puppy's life because you couldn't keep it. So how can you do that to a baby? I believe that, as human beings, we have a responsiblity to reach out to help those who are not in a position to help themselves and that also applies to the innocent unborn baby. By the way, I am a proud feminist AND I am pro life.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:13 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
OK, lets talk about this. Why are they not adopted? Could it be that they languish in foster care as their azzhat parents defy court order after court order to get their lives together under the misguided ideals of family reunification?

My experience with adoption is that those children who are in foster care are going to be unadoptable until they are about 10-18 years old. That is how long the state lets the bio parents 'try'. By that time those kids have been bumped from foster home to bio home to foster home and back until they have serious emotional baggage. I couldn't help them. It pains me to admit it, but there you are. I wish I could.

In the end, it is the states fouled up brand of social engineering (blood is best) that is hurting those children. Not hypocritical pro lifers.

You speak the truth. Almost all the "unadopted" children that pro abortion people talk about are children in the foster system whose parent will not relinquish them for adoption. I have friends that have tried to adopt through the foster system for years but were not allowed to adopt children of another race and no white children were available for adoption because the parents would not allow the adoption to take place. So these poor children languish in a foster home until they are grown because of a system that puts race and/or the rights of the "parent" above the good of the child.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 PM

11 posts, read 20,312 times
Murderers do not care about others, how dare you go against God's will. All life is sacred.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:35 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
Default such hypocracy

why is it that repuclicons care about a cluster of 8 cells but after you're born they cease to care. They continually fight maternity leave, they fight health care for all, they fight the opportunity to unionize so you have a decent job so that you can care for you child, they fight to take away benefits for seniors in the form of medicare/medicade, funding for nursing home and hospice care, they fight all these things.

when you're actually on the planet they will only defend big corporate interests so some shareholders make more money.

such amazing hypocracy.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 PM
LML

Badger, I am pro life. I am also a feminist and...most would say...a liberal. And I spend my life working with and attempting to help children get proper care after they are born. I teach parenting an nutrion to young mothers and spend plenty of money out of my own pocket trying to help those who are having a hard time helping themselves. I am also for national health care and all the other things you think pro life people are against. I'm retiring in another month and will undoubtedly spend my retirement volunteering for these same causes. But I believe with all my heart that whatsoever I do for the least of these I do to Him that I serve and that includes the most helpless of all....the unborn baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies