Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,106,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I find it even more amazing that people believe that lying to a grand jury, a crime punishable by imprisonment is ok, but think those who stopped world terrorism and future attacks from taking place should be impeached.
Had Bush pursued the REAL terrorist you might have an arguement. I'm no fan of Bill Clinton. But HIS lies did not result in the death of thousands, and thousands of people and plunge this nation into a debt to China that our great grandchildren will still be re-paying. If we could charge Bush, Cheney, and all their "fellow travelers" with murder for each and every death that resulted from their lies I would gladly see it done. How many, many lives must be sacrifice on the altar of their greed and ego before we finally say ENOUGH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,185,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm not sure of what they would do. They could go by way of Libya and eventually capitulate and cooperate.

What did Syria do after Israel hit them? Like Syria they might claim the attack was fantasy to save face all the while Shi**ing their panties.

Actually, with all the evidence we have of their supplying insurgents ( and possibly more direct involvement) with IED's that have killed our troops, we might be well within our rights for some kind of "retaliation".

We have them surrounded, which I'm sure alarms them. I'm not sure they would have the guts to do anything.
Well that is an awful risk to take on an assumption that they would just take in on the chin and considering the loud mouthed pontificating Ahmadinejad, I highly doubt they would do nothing.

As I pointed out earlier, Russia has a vast sums of money tied up in the Bashir nuke plant, as well as a substantial amount of technical personnel on site. There are many countries that depend upon the smooth flow of oil out of Iran for their economic well being, so we might want to consider what they will have to say about this as well.

In any case, there are some ominous signs that lean towards the possibility of some form of attack on Iran with US involvement and this is one of the reasons Kucinich has stated he is doing what he is.

Regardless of what folks think of the man or his politics, I know I don't want the US to end up engaged in another potentially crippling conflict based upon the fantasies of paranoid mad men.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:53 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,791,451 times
He stopped world terrorism?

Gee. I must have missed that memo.

Was that right around the time he unfurled the Mission Accomplished Banner?

Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,013 times
He certainly deserves to be impeached - causing the deaths and maimings of thousands of Iraqis and Americans for no reason other than his desire to be a 'war-president', is much worse than Bill's adultery, which Newt did also.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,109,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
i realize you're emotional about bush, but could you please state what "high treason" is?

i'm at a loss over what law that violates or, for that matter, what "high treason" crime happened.
Here's your list. Read it if you dare and have time on your hands. If you do not read it, please do not form opinions unless they are educated ones.
American Chronicle | Bush's "A" List of High Crimes and Misdemeanors

Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,135,397 times
While changing channels, I saw C-SPAN's coverage. At first, I wasn't sure what was going on. But after 10 minutes it became clear. I put in a tape and recorded the next 2.5 hours. At the end, with a Congressional House nearly empty, it was apparent that no one gave this proceeding any importance. When the camera turned to show the chamber after almost 3 hours of showing nothing but Kucinich, you could see the remaining peons quickly awaken to do their jobs. Who was presiding over the chamber? Some young fat black man I have never seen before in my life. He was so inexperienced that he had to read his words from prepared index cards. Is this how much our government cares?

This morning I read "news" accounts from news organizations I've never heard of writing about how boring the speech was. Boring? If you're addicted to infotainment then it would have been boring. Instead, I found it riveting. Kucinich blows Bush out of the water in terms of speaking ability. And I learned more about what actions this government has undertaken since 2001. No CNN coverage, nothing on the major media. Look at Google News and see that there are only a few stories mentioning this event. I learned way back in 2001 that if you want to get the truth, find the stories on the alternative media, the stories that are conspicuously absent from the large name-brand media outlets.

I'm sad, very sad. All the evidence of cover-ups, collusion, corruption, and bona fide evil are there for everyone to see....and virtually no one listens. People fail to accept that when you ignore the bad news, the wound festers into a disease which then can attack your entire body. America's collective covering of its eyes, ears, and mouths has been the biggest contributor to the cancer eating out our country's core.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:46 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's your list. Read it if you dare and have time on your hands. If you do not read it, please do not form opinions unless they are educated ones.
And as we all know, Bush is "all asshat, no cattle"!

Sweet Revenge - All Hat No Cattle

Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,109,806 times
Yes, it was riveting and may I add nauseating. There were tears in my eyes when I realized how many are not concerned about what is unfolding in this country. It does not bode well for the future of this country that it's people are so complacent and mostly concerned with inconsequential things.

Hopefully when Scott Mclellean testifies there will be hearings. At least he is willing to testify. Kudos to Kucinich.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:54 PM
mga

230 posts, read 397,386 times
Quote:
nice try, but, as i thought, yet another complete FAILURE to actually list a real crime. that whole article, written by that guy as if he was some real lawyer, was just full of emotional whining. had any of his make-believe charges were actually real, he would have supplied links to back up his mouth. as always with these internet lawyers trying to impress stupid people, he proved nothing.

now, did i form a good enough opinion about that nitwit? i was looking for a link where he should state he also saw aliens with kucinich.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:00 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,135,397 times
Quote:
Yes, it was riveting and may I add nauseating. There were tears in my eyes when I realized how many are not concerned about what is unfolding in this country. It does not bode well for the future of this country that it's people are so complacent and mostly concerned with inconsequential things.

Hopefully when Scott Mclellean testifies there will be hearings. At least he is willing to testify. Kudos to Kucinich.
Other posters (pro-Bush, I guess) are asking those for impeachment to cite specific examples of what laws have been broken. Why are they not countering Kucinich's claims? I've not read one post here that undermines or contradicts anything Kucinich spoke about, yet, those of us who admire the guy for speaking up are made to shoulder the burden of proof. C'mon, people, prove that Bush DIDN'T do something heinous against the Constitution and treasonous against this country. Arguing that the Democrats would have found something by now is useless since there is only one party running everything. This Dem/Rep antagonism is for show and you all know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies