Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
And let's not forget our own atrocities in Vietnam. Returning soldiers said that there were 'countless My Lai's. Hugh Thompson, returning hero, said that many victims at My Lai were not screaming because their 'tounges had been cut out'.

YouTube - Soundbite Central: Hugh Thompson on HardTalk
And what does this have to do with the thread topic?
If you want to talk about possible us war crimes start a thread on that topic.
You opened the discussion so I will pursue it briefly.
And what about the countless villages laid to waste by the vietcong because they suspected that the village was on the wrong side of the war? Why because the villagers accepted medical care from US soldiers.
Yes some soldiers went bad.. It was not a sanctioned event by our gov. However with the VC it was sanctioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,180 times
[quote=gorgeet;4611608]And let's not forget our own atrocities in Vietnam. Returning soldiers said that there were 'countless My Lai's. Hugh Thompson, returning hero, said that many victims at My Lai were not screaming because their 'tounges had been cut out'.

/quote]

Sigh, and here we go again, the brutal American solider...................I notice no mention of the extreme savagery of the VC and the NVA.

Gorgee are you aware that the VC would systematically CUT OF THE ARM of any child who received vaccinations from American troops?

Are you aware that the NVA would consistently strap satchel charges (thats explosives) to children as young as three and send them into groups of AMERICAN SOLDIERS

Are you aware the NVA AND VC would execute ANY v8llage elder they suspected of cooperation with the GI's

No I thought not..................................Just passing on some PERSONAL and first hand OBSERVATIONS............

Oh and I never saw ANY Vietnamese's who had their tounges cut out........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies