Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 06:57 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times

Advertisements

Yeah, yeah, yeah, another IBD editorial; just pay attention for a moment, k?

Quote:
Rasmussen reports that 67% of Americans, when polled about the stimulus, say they "have more confidence in their own judgment than they do in the average member of Congress," while 58% agree that "no matter how bad things are, Congress can always find a way to make them worse."

Proving that an economic downturn hasn't caused them to abandon their sense of humor — nor their insight — 44% said they believe a group chosen at random from the phone book "would do a better job addressing the nation's problems than the current Congress."
"Egregious waste" is quite the understatement. It appears the American public is finally, FINALLY waking up to reality, eh? That for all the talk from Obama & Co., all the yakking about the "stimulus package" is a bunch of hooey. And the investment angle isn't doing any better from my little corner of the world, as my investments have fallen a whopping 40%+ since 12/31/07. Of course, I attempt to not pay attention to what the market is doing, either way, but that whacked me today when I looked at my monthly statement. Dayum. But I do remain positive, that eventually this recession will turn around and the "good times" will be back. At least I've got my retirement checks/disability checks/Thothial Thecurity checks coming through.

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- 'Historic' Stimulus Is Egregious Waste (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=319334273223204 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies