U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 AM

1,393 posts, read 871,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Google REAL ID. Its for real and May 2008 we will all have to have it. I fully support it too. I have nothing to hide from these United States.

I see it as a benefit for the future. Maybe it will help curb the illegal problem facing this nation.. you cant work unless you have this ID. You cant drive unless you have this ID.. you cant collect social benefits unless you have this ID. You cant be seen in a hospital without this ID. You cant attend an American College without this ID, rent a home, buy a home with out this ID. And we already have the check points up across the nation, you wont be able to travel inside the United States witout this ID.
This sounds just like the mark of the beast you can't do anything with out this card or this mark. Please people think about what you are saying. I have nothing to hide either but, it is not the goverments business on what AMERICANS DO. If I wanted the goverment to take care of me I move to China.
If this is just for illegals then okay but, it won't be maybe at first. But, thats like here put you gun in the box do you really believe the illegals and the gangs and bad guys are going to put their gun in the box?

This is wrong and I hope you will all consider what you are signing up for.Possibly the 666
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 10:34 AM

185 posts, read 673,483 times
I wonder if Mexico & Canada are going to have a simular I.D. for their citizens.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:34 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,681,650 times
Oh no not SATAN! LOL.. Can you tell I am not a Christian? But let us not go off topic..

No I think when they start chipping people that will be more of a mark.. an ID card is a totally different animal.

I do see an area for abuse with this card, but I also see its greater good. Speaking of ID's have you all seen the barcode lic plates they are talking about issueing in Texas? Part of the Trans-Texas Corridor plan. Will make driving on Texas roads easier.. tolls will scan your plate and bill you. Police will scan your plate at a distance and know your cars status and info of the owner. I kinda see it sorta Star Trek like..

Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 AM

1,393 posts, read 871,911 times
In my opinion yeah for one I have a Christan view point but, even more I don't think the government has the right to track me weather I have something to hide or not. I can take care of myself and I am American they shouldn't be worrying about us.
But, I see the are convincing some that this is okay were not worried about Americans but, you won't be able to do this and that without the card. This is exactly how they explain the mark of the beast.
Unfortunately, those that believe the government has our best interest in mind will buy into their control over us pretty scary.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 AM

185 posts, read 673,483 times
Right now all commerical drivers are in a system that allows each state to have access to their driving record. From what I read regarding the REAL I.D.
it will be a very similar system. If you think that the Government can't track you down right now if they really wanted to you are very mistaken.
Every U.S. citizen that has a bank account,drivers license or phone number
can be tracked very easily. We live in a very different world than we did a few years ago. I don't have anything to hide but I bet drug dealers,gang bangers,illegal aliens and terrorist's to name a few do. No system is perfect
but I bet that Highway Patrol Officer would like to know who he is dealing with when he makes a stop. One of my favorite shows is COPS it really shows what kind of dirtbags are out there and we have our share of them in SWFL.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:54 AM

482 posts, read 810,263 times
New passports also have a tracking device on them. When you go through customs the passport is scanned and the government automatically knows where you are and where you have been. I feel bad for all the Middle-Eastern people and Indians who go back to their countries for visits. Can you imagine how much more focused the "random" searches at the airports will be for them? It's ridiculous.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
PPG

508 posts, read 1,298,651 times
Oh shoot! I drink moonshine and hit a J now and then. I guess I got something to hide!

Anyone who is for this type of stuff deserve federal cameras in thier bedrooms! You have nothing to hide huh?.....OK....riiight.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:08 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,681,650 times
Hey if you wanna watch me have sex.. go for it.. its $9.95 for a membership, and 10 cents a min. at muhnayshot.com Like I said I dont have anything to hide.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:59 AM

4,285 posts, read 14,155,282 times
Default Real Id

Quote:
And we already have the check points up across the nation, you wont be able to travel inside the United States witout this ID.

Well that would certainly take some of the panache out of the "Land of the Free" part of the national character, wouldn't it?

One might even go so far as to suggest that such a system would indicate terrorism by a relatively few lunatic fanatics had shredded the very fabric which is the basis of US society.

For Chewy

The government of Canada along with governments of the US and other countries is currently revamping passports to be machine-readable with digitally embossed likenesses of the passport holder. There has been some suggestion that some type of bio-metric (fingerprint) feature be included, but there is little concensus on how to implement that feature.

Every now and then some bright bulb of a Canadian politician floats the idea of national identity card, but, to date, the concept has been overwhlemingly rejected due to almost universal disapproval stemming from fears such a card would quickly lead to an Iron Curtain-like domestic environment wherein citizens could be stopped on the street and made to show "their papers" for no justifiable reason.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:33 PM

483 posts, read 1,748,302 times
Last night I was listening to the radio and they were talking about the new Government Id cards,

Do you mean the Real ID act, which would stardardize IDs throughout the US? I think a National ID is a great idea. I would certainly simplify driving and voting, though a voting ID would have to be free (otherwise, it's a poll tax).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies