U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:36 PM

4 posts, read 4,343 times

Advertisements

I don't have a choice? Let me repeat, I will not apply for or carry this ID card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 AM

504 posts, read 1,620,159 times
Don't tread on me, how are we going to do this? I was one that fought not to give my social security number to everyone, so I gave out the wrong one to all but the social security people, anyway believe it or not I ran into problems because of it.
I am going to look into this more and I hope more people start raising hell and the ACLU will get into it, so it may be held up for a while, and I am sure a lot of people will be taking this to the Supreme court. This smacks of not just communism, but Big Brother and a whole lot of unsavory things. You and I know some people will be exempt and some people will be able to get away with it. How did this slip thru without the people knowing about it?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:35 PM

185 posts, read 673,396 times
Was I that far of base? Regarding the new I.D. system like it or not its coming
so get used to it.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,876 times
DEMOCRACY means by the people and for the people. Is this country any more democratic? No. Top to bottom hypocracy and controle and dectating citizens of USA and Real Id Act was passed by president Bush without any vote as for as I know. President Bush word is God word .
It is good to protect country as there are many criminals crossing borders. But the real problem of this President is if 19 people attach two twin building and killed thousands of people, he decided to punish all immigrant, why? If any USA citizen's family member committ a crime, does all citizens go to jail? No. Then why to generalise everyone those are here for 15-35 yrs paying taxes and because of 9/11 and technical problems in immigraion dept or homeless people or those are here in political asylum ot immigrant battered women those applied for immigration 17 yrs back and immigration dept. lingering their papers and they can't work because they can't drive. What crime they committed? Those assaulted their wives after bringing from internationally, leaving her family for 17-30 yrs and she can't drive a car because of legal status, is this fair? No. Where she suppose to go? Go to shelter? Does regular shelter immigrant sensitive or been controled by inmates coming from jail, drug audict and in prostitutes business and attached by them physically and mentally? And how long she can live there? And even she does live there, it is temp place maximum for two months and if still she can't work and drive, where she suppose to go after two months, when she don't have close family or relatives in USA? Does she have any choice? I do see two choices for her one is, to live with another man who is American and get psychologically abuse, mentally abuse or physical abuse, then what? Will he help her to sponcer her papers? How long she have to take this assault? All her life? Why? Does she have any right in USA, when she been paying taxes since last 17 yrs?
When women with children no matter where she is from and no matter when she arrived in USA, get full support from Govt. and Churches but single battered woman approach to Church or Govt entity, first question she been asked if she have a child? And if she don't they turn her down? Why? Isn't it discrimination? When she been paying taxes for that long and don't get any Govt. assistant and all her taxes goes for Iraq war, to take care of other illegal mexican or women with children, is that fair.
When Real Id Act passed President Bush should have been real sensitive towards these women and homeless people and asylee, as it is affecting their lives and abusers or assaulters getting chance to assault her more and then she is 100% damages psychologically and can't come out as a better citizen even if law passes in next 10 yr as it is too late and no use for her as she will e either dead or old.
I like every citizen of USA to read this article carefully as I know few immigrant women suffering and don't have children, paid taxes and can't drive and living with abusers and they are hurting them and their lives are in danger but their is no immigrant shelter in Raleigh, NC.
I like to hear comment or suggestion for these women.Thanks!

Last edited by sabrina1960; 01-15-2007 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-16-2007, 09:04 AM

185 posts, read 673,396 times
Sabrina1960,
I'll go out on a limb here and assume that you came to this country as a legal alien through marriage,then you would be here with legal status with all the correct documetation. This new I.D. card will only affect the illegal aliens that are here with forged papers.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 6,876 times
You are 100% wrong here. If you are not an new immigrant as I consider everyone in USA is immigrant as hostory of USA is 200 yrs old only. And those came in last 15-10-5 yrs even in tourist visa and changes tehir status to Govt. program as Emnesty program, Labor certification, VAWA which is just like new guest worker program they are talking about, to pass in congress. They pass new laws to make these immigrant legalised but what happened those immigrant have beusinesses, they taek advantage of vunerable people when tehy apply for any papers and suppress them, look tehm down upon, treat them like slaves and lie to them that they applie dfor their papers but they don't and keep on taking advantage of them.
Same with any immigrant women, those marry to a citizens or greencard holders, they don't get sponcered by their husbands and their husband threaten to deport them once tehy arrive in tourist visa as these men already leavin gwith other American women and cheat their wives and want to use them to have sex, no complain or get deported, tehy use immigration as a wapon and if you fo to web sites of Asian American agency in all over USA, you can get more info in this matter. And in 1994, former president Mr. Clinton passed VAWA law for battered immigrant women and unfortunatly there is a time limit of two yrs to apply an dif that immigrant woman never heard of it and here after two yrs over, she is out of luck and stay illegal all her life and she get trape dby REAL ID ACT same for Political Asylee and President Bush should have been some how considered these issue first and should have put condition and real id act is nto going ot work anyway, as there is a better way to catch criminals.
All immigrants should go fo rcriminal background check, since day on ethey came here and tax returned papers and submitt that to DMV and whoever livin ghere five yrs and over no criminal background and paying taxes should get driver license. And this info can help Govt. in tremendous when they pass Guest worker program soon and procedure will be much more faster as most imp. aspect of Guest worker is taken care already and it is easy fo revey one and wha tthey are giving federal grand to these DMV offices tehy can save those money to use somewhere else. And who ever wants DL they spend their money out of their pocket to do criminal background check. It is so simple.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 AM

919 posts, read 1,669,239 times
All americans are immigrants because the USA is ONLY 200yrs old! For 225 yrs we have held onto this land, we are americans period. please no bs about how it was stolen from indians or the mexicans. possession is 100% of the law. If a new ID card will really slow down illegals, then give me one. the goverment has enough on record of me anyway. birth certificate, SSN, driver license, miltary record, CCW, and a whole lot more. And no its not the Mark of the Beast.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:34 AM

9,716 posts, read 12,955,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
It's called the "Real ID" ~ passed by Congress back in 2005. It's one of the recommendations of 9/11 Commission. Each state will issue the card once you prove who you are. I thinks it's a great idea. (I have nothing to hide, though. Terrorists and illegals aliens do ~ so I can understand liberals not liking the idea.)
I think you are going to find more conservatives not liking this idea. For one thing, most conservatives worry about gun control. A card like this could easily tie into gun purchases -- and then you get gun control. That would flip any real "conservative" out.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:39 AM

9,716 posts, read 12,955,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
I guess us liberals will leave them someplace. You conservatives can have your rights taken away. Silly argument, I too have nothing to hide, now I am wondering why we don't have a chip similar to the one I have for my dogs, just insert it under the skin and it gives the owners name, and phone number etc, so with people we could have the social security number, where they have lived and what they do, how many miles they drive to work, insurance companies and the tax assessor would love this, you would get taxed on how many miles you use the roads . Medical information, insurance companies would love this also, credit card numbers and a credit report, even better genetic history, driving record, oh what fun this would be. Just implant it please so I do not have to fill out an application or take a urine test or lie detector test, of course if I am Ceo of a big company all that will be waived. The doctor will say are you sure you want this child with your history I would recommend you reconsider and your insurance company may not cover the child. Don't laugh, this technology is available now, may-be you would like to volunteer for this? Already insurance companies are asking people if they would like, for a discount, to have them monitor how many miles they drive.
Yikes! Maybe they could add GPS tracking to the chip and -- oh my!!

Old 02-04-2007, 02:50 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,044,298 times
Default Ndl

Looks like more states are opposing this new ID, I hope enough states fight this and get it shot down.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/states-challenge-national-drivers/20070204125809990001 (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies