Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 11:52 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,311,656 times

Advertisements

PTSD Veterans Used As Guinea Pigs
Yahoo!

This is another disgrace how the federal government treats PTSD vets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 11:54 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,941,127 times
Typical Bush/Cheney.....
http://www.yatpundit.com/random_pics/BushBillboard.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Typical Bush/Cheney.....
http://www.yatpundit.com/random_pics/BushBillboard.jpg (broken link)
It's across party lines.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM

454 posts, read 747,281 times
Shame on the Army. It was on ABC news today. They should have advised the veterans about the side effects of the drug.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:14 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,117,483 times
Quote:
It's across party lines.
It's unfortunate that you constantly seek out items from far right sources and then make an uninformed claim you did above.

It's good that you chose to highlight this story, now take a look and see how the GOP truly treats veterans.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:36 AM

5,465 posts, read 12,204,366 times
It isn't the GOP. This is a GOVT thing! Unfortunately when you sign over your life to Uncle Sam, you sign your life over, meaning you can be subjected to all sorts of covert and test "medical treatments." It's wrong, it's deceptive, and it's sad. It's also true.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
PTSD Veterans Used As Guinea Pigs
Yahoo!

This is another disgrace how the federal government treats PTSD vets.
The Democrat leader of the U.S. House for Veterans Affairs demands that this Guinea pig crap stop immediately.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
It's unfortunate that you constantly seek out items from far right sources and then make an uninformed claim you did above.

It's good that you chose to highlight this story, now take a look and see how the GOP truly treats veterans.
JoeP,
I agree with you for once. Democrats take care of the disabled veterans much better than Republicans.
Jack

By the way, I'm an Indepenedent. I'm not on the far-right. I vote for what I believe is better for America. I vote by choice; not strict party lines.

On the other hand, you vote so far-left, you think everyone to the right of you are on the far-right.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:55 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,117,483 times
Quote:
By the way, I'm an Indepenedent
No you absolutely are not an independent.

You fill up the politics board with mostly wingnut smears.

Your sources include ridiculous rightwing sites like Newsmax.

Quote:
On the other hand, you vote so far-left, you think everyone to the right of you are on the far-right.
I am a liberal, but I was very conservative in my younger days. I realized that much of the the right does not work in reality. Perhaps if we had a civil right who was not married to corporate interests and wanting of a warped un-American theocracy.... the right might make a little more sense, but they insist on policies which directly harm hard working Americans who are struggling.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:54 PM

994 posts, read 1,541,668 times
They also used them for Anthrax vaccine testing.

Pentagon conducting research into adverse effects of anthrax vaccine while maintaining it is safe

The Pentagon resumed its controversial mandatory anthrax vaccinations program for selected troops last week despite the fact that its own doctors are quietly conducting research into adverse effects of the vaccine, a RAW STORY investigation has found.

A flyer posted by the Vaccine Healthcare Center shows that Walter Reed is soliciting service members who have suffered as a result of the vaccine. The flyer asserts that adverse effects may include redness or swelling where the shot was given (larger than the bottom of a soda can) and/or more than 24 hours of headaches, muscle/joint pains, and/or fatigue (tiredness) that interfered with your daily activities.

Doctors have raised questions about the vaccine for years. According to a transcript of an Apr. 16, 1998 meeting of the Armed Forces Epidemiological Board, military experts concluded that pre-vaccination screenings could be conducted because the military has "the technological and data capture capability" to do so, and that they should be done because "we're dealing with this problem with anthrax now and many other immunizations."

"There is going to be more in the future," the transcript added.

Created in 2001 as a joint effort of the Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Defense, the VHC program and its network of treatment and research facilities are largely unknown even among the military community. Walter Reed Medical Center serves as the headquarters of the program, which also includes clinics at Fort Bragg, Lackland Air Force Base and Portsmouth Naval Medical Center.

Luis Hernandez, a recently-retired Navy reservist, An Iraq War veteran who served in the US military for 25 years, the 51-year-old New Yorker received his first series of anthrax vaccinations when he was mobilizing for deployment in February 2003.

A few days after receiving his third anthrax vaccination, Hernandez says, he developed a lesion on his leg that he was told was most likely a spider bite. He was put on a course of antibiotics and continued preparing for deployment.

"I had never had health problems," he said.

"When I got back, I had 13 lesions," he said. "It was just too much for my immune system," he said of the vaccine. "They didn't know what the hell I had."

When he told the military he thought that his illness was related to the vaccine, he said, staff told him he was "delusional" and the relation between his mystery autoimmune illness and the shots "were in his head."

"For a while," he said, "I thought I was going crazy."

"Hernandez' life has been profoundly effected [sic] by his clinical symptoms," VHC staff wrote. "He is in constant pain, has difficulty functioning at his civilian job and has used 400 hours of civilian sick leave."

"When I got down there, they told me, 'we know what you got, but we can't fix you,'" Hernandez said of VHC staff. "They said they had seen other service members with the same symptoms."

Created by Emergent BioSolutions (formerly Bioport), the anthrax vaccine is known as BioThrax or Anthrax Vaccine Absorbed and was first licensed by the Food and Drug Administration in 1970. It remains the only FDA-approved anthrax vaccine for use in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies