Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:03 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And - vice versa!
Why don't you people try and grow a conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
You are one to ask, aincha?

Old 06-20-2008, 08:46 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,567 times
Quote:
The trial will come to some conclusion, and a number of civillians testified to the slayings. Look at My Lai. The upper brass tried their damndest to cover that up - all the way up to Colin Powell. Soldiers said that those 'search and destroy' missions were commonplace. The truth comes out - sometimes.

SO even though they were found not guilty thats not good enough? WTF, does it take. Any time a Soldier is accused of a crime some one is going to say well look back at this that happened 50 years ago so they must be guilty. We in the military deal with a WHOLE LOT OF CARP down range wouldnt it be ince for us to come home and have support from the people we are fighting for. A jury finds them not guilty but thats not good enough, I guess unless Jesus himself comes down and says they didnt do it isnt good enough.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Bush and Cheney have the blood of over 1 million dead on their hands, while Murtha has claimed (rightly) that innocent people were killed... now just WHO should be apologizing?
I almost wasted my time questioning the accuracy of your post, then I realised, oooh its gorgeet again, who just makes up garbage as he goes along..

Old 06-20-2008, 09:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
The trial will come to some conclusion, and a number of civillians testified to the slayings. Look at My Lai. The upper brass tried their damndest to cover that up - all the way up to Colin Powell. Soldiers said that those 'search and destroy' missions were commonplace. The truth comes out - sometimes.
um.. Colin Powell was Secretary of state until January 2005, not in charge of the Marines since this took place in November 2005. Please attempt to be accurate because Powell was out of office for 10 months before this incident even took place.

I know accuracy is difficult it is for you though.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
"You People"??

Old 06-20-2008, 09:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
When are right-wingers going to apologize for what they've done to America? When are they going to apologize for having been so wrong about so much for so long?

As soon as Obama apolgises to whity for defending that racist Wright ;maybe they will think about it.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
No one is saying killing civis is right, however you can tell me that a congressman calling a grou guilty before a trial is right? Come on. Why are we fighting if we dont even have the simple fact of guilty unitl proven innocent? I think alot of people that get elected into DC lose their roots as seems to be the case. I would think a former Marine would say wait until all the evidence is presented before judegment. Good for these Marines OORAAHHH. Im in the Army so Marines arent my best friends but in the end we all fight the same battles, and I am glad they are free.
Just to educate you, the military is under the UCMJ, not civilian law. Different rules, different procedures. They do NOT receive the same rights that you take for granted.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:36 AM

540 posts, read 962,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Just to educate you, the military is under the UCMJ, not civilian law. Different rules, different procedures. They do NOT receive the same rights that you take for granted.
They are still innocent until proven guilty in a general courts martial - unless they accepted non-judicial punishment - which they didn't.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:31 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
um.. Colin Powell was Secretary of state until January 2005, not in charge of the Marines since this took place in November 2005. Please attempt to be accurate because Powell was out of office for 10 months before this incident even took place. I know accuracy is difficult it is for you though.
My Lai took place in November of 2005??? Wow!!! Looks like it's back to the history books for me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies