Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,515,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I pay little attention to such things, I've been treated poorly many times but I can take it.
Have you had your basic right to marry denied to you? Nope, don't think you have. And if it had been, I can almost guarantee the bellowing would be heard round the world.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 PM

472 posts, read 1,540,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
Forgive me, but when a heterosexual, bible-thumping blowhard attempts to superciliously, unreservedly, and speciously relegate the existence of gay people to an abomination or aberration, singling them out utilizing an ancient book of desert fairy tales to justify their claims, continually denying common knowledge ranging from sexuality to science that has been all but completely accepted by academic communities the world over, and being historically responsible for suppressing and eradicating the rights and lives of minorities and other entire factions of people across a vast, diverse catalog of religious, social, political, and economic tyranny stretching back to the advent of Judeo-Christian doctrine and persisting to this very day, they are most certainly deserving of the title, "bigot."

I have no misgivings about its applicability and, indeed, it is the minimum terminology that can be used to describe such people.

A kinder, gentler word would be a disservice to humanity and a regression back to an era when their oppressive, sadistic, and utterly insane views went unchallenged by the masses.

That was poetic

+1 Rep Point

Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,196,400 times
Post No. 307

Originally Posted by Roaddog
I agree it's anybodys right to believe in religion and nobody should have to dismiss their beliefs for someone else.

Chielgirl:

Nor should they impose their tyranny on others.
Keep your religion out of everyone else's lives.
Keep your religion and religious beliefs out of my government completely.

To which you responded in post 110:

Quote:
Another example of intolerance.
My post no. 320:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, I don't care what you believe.
Just keep it away from me.
I don't believe what you do, I don't believe in any god thing.
I challenge you to show me any one of my posts where I imply that you shouldn't believe what you believe personally?
I will ask, nay, demand, that you keep your religious beliefs out of my life; just as you don't want my beliefs becoming law over yours.
Unless you do want my beliefs to be forced upon you.
Your post 321:

Quote:
You see you jump at the chance to spew hate, I never said anything religious, I never said I was religious, I said i agree that the religious have their right to speak also, thats it, the facts are I am not a religious person but I believe everyone should be able to speak their opinion without being called intolerant or a Bigot. It doesn't matter to me if you state your beliefs, you have that right, I won't be the one calling you names for it or jumping on to you or trying to tell you I'm right and your wrong because that is not what I do. All I've done is make an observation of a pattern and opined on it.
Thanks for confirming my observation.
Where did I spew hatred? Because I don’t agree with you?
How is my belief affecting how you lead your life?
What am I trying to refuse you?

Yet the religious try to change laws to coincide with their religious views.
You're comparing tyranny of religion with people who are not interested in your religion.
Explain the "spewing hatred" meme that you so enjoy.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:31 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,297,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, I don't care what you believe.
Just keep it away from me.
I don't believe what you do, I don't believe in any god thing.
I challenge you to show me any one of my posts where I imply that you shouldn't believe what you believe personally?
I will ask, nay, demand, that you keep your religious beliefs out of my life; just as you don't want my beliefs becoming law over yours.
Unless you do want my beliefs to be forced upon you.
As I said, what would you concider this, looks hatefull to me being I didn't say one religious thing. I didn't force anything on you either.

Last edited by Roaddog; 06-25-2008 at 10:39 PM..

Old 06-25-2008, 10:36 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,774,667 times
Yea, it should not matter what religious people want to think so long as they don't try to force their religious thinking on anyone else.

That is something as American Freedom People I am sure we can all agree on.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Yea, it should not matter what religious people want to think so long as they don't try to force their religious thinking on anyone else.

That is something as American Freedom People I am sure we can all agree on.
It would seem so wouldn't it? However, too bad all those religious zealots are consistently butting in to political legislation. At least they try, they really really try don't they?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 PM

To all that think I don't know what it's like to be differant or denied, My family were Gypsies, we traveled from town to town and state to state chasing work, we lived in a little trailer and stayed in towns maybe 3 days at a time, don't think we weren't concidered freaks and we were denied plenty, we were ran out of towns because they didn't like us and even shot at, i was in the 6th grade before I had a real friend outside our happy little group, years ago I suffered brain damage from a accident that left me with poor reading,writing skills and a poor thought process, it has caused me alot of ridicule and denial of higher positions in life, we all have our troubles, I've been called many names in my life and I know it does nothing constructive and thats all I'm trying to say.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
To all that think I don't know what it's like to be differant or denied, My family were Gypsies, we traveled from town to town and state to state chasing work, we lived in a little trailer and stayed in towns maybe 3 days at a time, don't think we weren't concidered freaks and we were denied plenty, we were ran out of towns because they didn't like us and even shot at, i was in the 6th grade before I had a real friend outside our happy little group, years ago I suffered brain damage from a accident that left me with poor reading,writing skills and a poor thought process, it has caused me alot of ridicule and denial of higher positions in life, we all have our troubles, I've been called many names in my life and I know it does nothing constructive and thats all I'm trying to say.
Seems to me that since you went thru something like that maybe you'd have more of an open heart & mind. Personally, I think gypsies are cool, always wanted to be one after reading a Nancy Drew book w/a mystery concerning gypsies.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Seems to me that since you went thru something like that maybe you'd have more of an open heart & mind. Personally, I think gypsies are cool, always wanted to be one after reading a Nancy Drew book w/a mystery concerning gypsies.
Whats not open, I haven't bashed anyone or said anything agians't gays.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Whats not open, I haven't bashed anyone or said anything agians't gays.
I get the feeling, I think you may have said in other posts, that you're against gay marriage. To me, that means you have an opinion on it, a negative opinion. That also reveals that maybe, and I'm just saying MAYBE at this point, that you would be one of a whole bunch of people denying gays the right to marry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies