Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:57 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,604 times

Advertisements

If the Marines were found guilty, it would be headlines for years to come.

Check how many times, My Lai can be found using an internet search tool.

I served and lived (24/7) in a Vietnamese peasant village. About seven months after the last Americans left the village, the communist terrorists punished, and massacred it. 2,000 homes were burned to ashes and hundreds and hundreds of innocent men, women and children were killed and wounded.

(It's strange that a massacre that was compared to the My Lai massacre, happened on the same day that Calley was found guilty. It was a well-planned attack according to a military news report.)

The Duc Duc massacre was committed by the Vietnamese terrorists at the same time, Senator John Kerry was telling the world that American troops were nothing but baby-killers and village-burners.

The massacre took place the same day Calley was found guilty. (Just guess what story the American news media carried...?) ABC, NBC and CBS each carried the story for two days and never mentioned the Duc Duc Massacre again. Yet the three of them mentioned the My Lai massacre over 600 times since it happened. (A little bias...)

Check how many times, the Duc Duc Massacre is found on the internet. Ninety percent of the webpages belong to me.

Thank God the American Left, the Democrat Leadership and the American News Media can not trash today's military men and women like they did during the Vietnam War.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
I called the congressman's office and asked when he was going to apologize. The young man claimed the trial is ongoing and there would be no comment.

I reminded him the congressman had no problem making comments on the guilt of the marines before the trial.

He tried to explain that those comments were in the context of what some young marines might do under the stress of combat while serving their country.

I told him what a cowardly SOB he was. It felt goooooddddd.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:19 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,764,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I called the congressman's office and asked when he was going to apologize. The young man claimed the trial is ongoing and there would be no comment.

I reminded him the congressman had no problem making comments on the guilt of the marines before the trial.

He tried to explain that those comments were in the context of what some young marines might do under the stress of combat while serving their country.

"Cowardly SOB" is quite an understatement, sanrene. Good on you. And a rep for your effort!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Its all part of what the libs in this country are shooting for. They want us all to have a strong sense of societal guilt. Everything is our fault. We are the most evil people and we owe the world everything.
Compare how the press convicts our troops for any and every offense to how they cover the treatment of prisoners held by our enemies. They like during the Vietnam war sugar coat what the enemy does or disregard it entirely. For our men and women they enflame, misrepresent and often create fabrications of what actually happened. After all our enemies are only acting out against years of US oppression. Oh they detonated a car bomb at a funeral of only civilians. A 1 paragraph story. 3 civilians killed during a fire fight between US Marines and terrorists? Oh maybe 5 paragraphs explaining how it was the Marines fault for engaging an enemy shooting at them rather than running away. After all it had to be the marines bullets. Its not the terrorists fault for using human shields.
Its PC to trash our troops.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:00 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,604 times
Quote:

Good job! Congressman Murtha had no problem saying that crap about the Marines. Please list Murtha's phone number so others can call.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:07 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,077,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its all part of what the libs in this country are shooting for. They want us all to have a strong sense of societal guilt. Everything is our fault. We are the most evil people and we owe the world everything.
Compare how the press convicts our troops for any and every offense to how they cover the treatment of prisoners held by our enemies. They like during the Vietnam war sugar coat what the enemy does or disregard it entirely. For our men and women they enflame, misrepresent and often create fabrications of what actually happened. After all our enemies are only acting out against years of US oppression. Oh they detonated a car bomb at a funeral of only civilians. A 1 paragraph story. 3 civilians killed during a fire fight between US Marines and terrorists? Oh maybe 5 paragraphs explaining how it was the Marines fault for engaging an enemy shooting at them rather than running away. After all it had to be the marines bullets. Its not the terrorists fault for using human shields.
Its PC to trash our troops.
I am extremely liberal and am overjoyed to find our service men and women are not guilty. I really do not know anyone who thinks it is good to trash the troops, but when an incident occurs, it is better to investigate and settle the matter vs covering things up like in the Tillman incident. Things happen in normal life, I am sure things happen in the military too. Cheers to the men who are being acquitted.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:27 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,227,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I am extremely liberal and am overjoyed to find our service men and women are not guilty. I really do not know anyone who thinks it is good to trash the troops, but when an incident occurs, it is better to investigate and settle the matter vs covering things up like in the Tillman incident. Things happen in normal life, I am sure things happen in the military too. Cheers to the men who are being acquitted.
John Murtha

I bet you could find a few more posting on this board too.

How in the heck can that statement you made be accurate?

Last edited by Bob The Builder; 06-19-2008 at 02:52 PM..

Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
I heard one marine is considering sueing murtha.

I hope he goes all the way and nails this scum to the wall.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:18 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Quote:
I heard one marine is considering sueing murtha.

I hope he goes all the way and nails this scum to the wall.
I agree. Maybe those people in PA will vote out his ass in November. Is anyone even running aganst him?

Old 06-19-2008, 06:54 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,049 times
I may be in the Army but we are all in the same brotherhood. I think it's CRAP that alot of people rush to throw members of the military under the bus before any facts come out. It's hard enough fighting an enemy as cowardly as these guy but to have members of your congress attacking you pisses me off. So much for innocent until proven guilty. OORAHHH to those Marines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies