Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
if you had seen like I saw how PETA acted at a Oscar Meyer hotdog audition with little kids at a grocery store one time then you would understand why some of these PETA people are militant and why most of us don't like them.

They were shouting at people including these little kids calling them animal murderers and stuff and the kids were scared to the point of crying.
Hmmm, sounds suspiciously identical to the people holding signs & protesting outside of abortion clinics. Yet somehow, this is considered ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hmmm, sounds suspiciously identical to the people holding signs & protesting outside of abortion clinics. Yet somehow, this is considered ok.
No, it's not alright or okay. Legal, yes. Moral, no. PETA is a self-righteous group whose actions have angered many people. Peaceful protest is alright, but destroying the property of others, fear tactics, and the rest is not alright in my eyes.

I don't see why PETA is jumping on Jessica Simpson over a shirt. It's just a shirt.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:52 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
Quote:
I take it you're a member of PETA?

I get mad at PETA because of instances like mentioned in the OP---they will publicly call people names in the most unclassy way just because they don't agree with someone. That's pretty low. Most organizations strive to be professional but clearly, that is not the case with PETA.

And do you even want to get me started on "Mercy killings"? If you're going to try to spread a message, at least don't be a hypocrite about it.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:54 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,084 times
Quote:
Why get mad at PETA? They're an organization that is trying to get their message across, just like any other organization. If you still eat meat, then do it. God, people get pissed over the stupidest things.
Well, they oppose animal testing for one. Considering that unless we find a way to cheaply grow human tissue in a large enough amount or develop computers that are able to accurately simulate the average human body and can assess how it would react to various drugs, animal testing is the only way we can assess how medication, surgery, and chemical with effect the human body without risk of death or injury to people. I don't like that animals suffer from it, I'm an animal lover, but it is the only way. And how the hell well veterinary medicine be developed without animal testing?

Oh, they have also compared all forms of farming (both factory and free-range) to the Holocaust and Nazi death camps.

Oh, they also compare pet ownership to slavery.

F--k PETA.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:00 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I take it you're a member of PETA?

I get mad at PETA because of instances like mentioned in the OP---they will publicly call people names in the most unclassy way just because they don't agree with someone. That's pretty low. Most organizations strive to be professional but clearly, that is not the case with PETA.

And do you even want to get me started on "Mercy killings"? If you're going to try to spread a message, at least don't be a hypocrite about it.
Nope, not a member. I agree they're a little overzealous at times, but since I'm an animal lover, I don't really mind all the techniques they use. Some of them are over the top, others are not.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:02 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
News, PETA Slams Jessica Simpson for 'Real Girls Eat Meat' T-Shirt.
My wife saw a great T-shirt the other day. It read:

MEAT IS MURDER
YUMMY, YUMMY MURDER

Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I LOVE animals however I love some of them even better when they are smoked slowly over hickory with a dry rub.

I frankly pay VERY little attention to what idiocy PETA is up to.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Jessie S had something written on that T-shirt?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:16 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
I love animals also,but keep it context.They are ment to be food sometimes.

There is nothing wrong with hunting,it is a source of food.There is nothing wrong with farms.

To cause purposeful suffering in wrong,but food is food.

The problem with PETA is they have become so involved in loving animals that they lost their reasoning.Uncontrolled animal population can actually bring more suffering to animals.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I love animals also,but keep it context.They are ment to be food sometimes.

There is nothing wrong with hunting,it is a source of food.There is nothing wrong with farms.

To cause purposeful suffering in wrong,but food is food.

The problem with PETA is they have become so involved in loving animals that they lost their reasoning.Uncontrolled animal population can actually bring more suffering to animals.
See. There you go being all sensible. Who let you on the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies