Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Where did you get that from? The girl in Love Story died. Tipper Gore is still alive isn't she?

The poster was joking Kev!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM

464 posts, read 660,476 times
The global warming caused by Anthropogenic CO2 emissions is insignificant at best. Gore's claims based on IPCC theories are not substantiated by the facts. The 0.6 deg C warming over the past 130 years has occurred mostly in the first part of the 1900's (when man-caused CO2 emissions were not significant) and the remainder as a result of the El Nino weather pattern.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:42 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Doesn't John "Ambulance Chaser" Edwards have some ridiculous house as well?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
How much does Bush or Cheney's house guzzle?
"W"s abode.
Quote:
House #2 Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds; geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer! The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape

Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
That is really terrible of Al Gore. He made a good truthful film and he ought to live like he says we need to live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
You beat me to it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Holy cow!!! I agree with KevK??? I think the world is about to end...
You guys all think Al Gore made a truthful film? What one would that be? Home movies about the life of his children?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
The only truthful thing about Al Gore is that he stands to make A LOT of money from taxpayers with the carbon credit system... the truth of the matter is that it almost always comes down to money, sex, and power when people "proclaim" necessary things and using bunk science and statistics to show why...

Old 06-20-2008, 06:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
A while ago there were a couple of scientist who told the truth about the Al Gore movie...they all had lost their job because of telling this truth. Everything was so well explained and so different as what Al Gore wants us to believe....well Al Gores energy bill is up 10%....not because of price increases but because of usage!!!!

Also his endorsement for Obama and than what he said about Bush, it makes me sick...this guy is a sore loser...now the losers are teaming up....

Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The science behind the CO2 caused global warming is correct. Global warming is mostly caused by CO2 generated by burning fossil fuels. This is Mr. Gore's Inconvenient Fact. It is a fact and it is inconvenient but it is there and we can either try to do something about it like burning less carbon or we can suffer the consequences. Most likely we will do the latter because short-term profit is way more important than long-term consequences. In our world the profit is made by the few that can buy their way out of the consequences while leaving the millions of people worldwide learning how to tread water or grow rice in the ocean.

In my own case I happen to work or travel through a part of Boston that would be inundated by a 5 - 10 ft rise in sea level. I do not expect this to have any negative effect on me because I plan on retiring before the ocean makes its inconvenient rise. I do not know what they (all the politicians, residents, businesses etc) will do when Logan airport is under water during a spring tide. That, along with water filled subways and the electrical distribution system, will be an inconvenience.

In any case be aware that the planet does not care what we do. We can continue to burn as much carbon as possible to our elites great profit and the likely destruction of the worldwide economic and agricultural systems and the resulting suffering and death of billions or we can control our greed. Either way the world does not care what we do. Only we care and apparently some of us do not care for more than their convenience and profit.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:54 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Where did you get that from? The girl in Love Story died. Tipper Gore is still alive isn't she?
It is another one of AL Gore's lies. He claims he invented the internet. Another time he told a room of people that he and Tipper's love was the basis for Love Story.

Nicolem

Old 06-20-2008, 06:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Doesn't John "Ambulance Chaser" Edwards have some ridiculous house as well?
Yes I believe he is currently building something like a 23,000 sq foot home or something like that.

Nicolem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies