Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand politically and do you agree with the courts decision?
Liberal - no death penalty for raping a child 25 23.58%
Liberal - pro death penalty for raping a child 19 17.92%
Conservative - no death penalty for raping a child 16 15.09%
Conservative - pro death penalty for raping a child. 46 43.40%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:30 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,863,714 times

Advertisements

The story out of VT only shows why we need to kill these pathetic monsters! I have NO compassion for them at all. Anyone who can look at a child sexually is deranged and should not be on this planet. Sorry but that is how I feel. Disgusting pieces of crap is what those who are involved in the sex ring with those young kids are. How any human can think they deserve to waste oxygen is beyond me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 08:51 AM

28,889 posts, read 30,147,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Thanks for posting that. This is absolutely disgusting. This is Vermont so no death penalty. Can they try them with the federal death penalty some how?

This whole thing is sick-her uncle and her former step father? These guys deserve a very slow and painful death. I only hope they get that sooner as opposed to later.
In answer to your question, I don't know, but people should start screaming death for these animals...

I agree....and maybe if they'd have the death sentence, they might have thought first before they did something so disgustingly henous

Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
The story out of VT only shows why we need to kill these pathetic monsters! I have NO compassion for them at all. Anyone who can look at a child sexually is deranged and should not be on this planet. Sorry but that is how I feel. Disgusting pieces of crap is what those who are involved in the sex ring with those young kids are. How any human can think they deserve to waste oxygen is beyond me!

do not ever aplogize for how you feel, especially on this subject....I feel the same way, and yanno, for them, this probably wasn't the first time they've done this???? I dunno, but I'm wondering if anyone realizes what a big big business this is...

and I agree with you whole heartidly...any man, who can do that should be shot, hanged or worse....disgusting!!! THey are pathetic and do no good to or for socity...I can't even consider them human beings....

Thanks Austin's mom

Old 07-03-2008, 08:59 AM

34 posts, read 47,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
do not ever aplogize for how you feel, especially on this subject....I feel the same way, and yanno, for them, this probably wasn't the first time they've done this???? I dunno, but I'm wondering if anyone realizes what a big big business this is...

and I agree with you whole heartidly...any man, who can do that should be shot, hanged or worse....disgusting!!! THey are pathetic and do no good to or for socity...I can't even consider them human beings....

Thanks Austin's mom
It would seem that you find it OK that the state should react in with the same emotional thought process as you.

The state has no "feelings" so rapists and murderers, no matter how strongly we feel they should die, cannot "feel" the same.

Give the state the ability to kill any citizen for what you find disgusting, and they will take advantage and kill any citizen for things that you will eventually find do not merit the death penalty.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:59 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,301,712 times
Quote:

Thanks Austin's mom
I agree. Never apologize for wanting these animals gone so they can never do this again to these beautiful children.

Nicolem

Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I agree. Never apologize for wanting these animals gone so they can never do this again to these beautiful children.

Nicolem

If I were in that community up there, and these men were found guilty of this henous crime, I would get together and I mean march for the death of these men, and any other man or woman that hurts a child in such a mannor...I would.

It's time this stops....the crime in this country is an embarrassment to the United States

Old 07-03-2008, 09:08 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,335,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturoh2o View Post
It would seem that you find it OK that the state should react in with the same emotional thought process as you.

The state has no "feelings" so rapists and murderers, no matter how strongly we feel they should die, cannot "feel" the same.

Give the state the ability to kill any citizen for what you find disgusting, and they will take advantage and kill any citizen for things that you will eventually find do not merit the death penalty.
I have mixed feelings on this issue. My first reaction would be to sentence them to death but I can appreciate where you coming from.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that they will convict him to life in prison. I feel that if they're going to give someone life in prison they might as well go ahead and give them death. What a waste of money. It's clear that they feel the person is a threat to society and cannot be rehabilitated so why should we have to pay for them to live out the rest of their lives behind bars?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturoh2o View Post

Not true, not true...in order for anyone to get the death penalty, there has to be laws and guide lines...

Years ago, you had to do something pretty darn bad and be guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, to get the death sentence. George Mansion is not even sitting on death row????? And he should be...

Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I have mixed feelings on this issue. My first reaction would be to sentence them to death but I can appreciate where you coming from.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that they will convict him to life in prison. I feel that if they're going to give someone life in prison they might as well go ahead and give them death. What a waste of money. It's clear that they feel the person is a threat to society and cannot be rehabilitated so why should we have to pay for them to live out the rest of their lives behind bars?
if he gets life, he will come up for parole, both of them....and yes, what a waste of the tax payers money. I feel they should be tried, if found guilty, these people need to be put to sleep, so then can never harm another, and so that it sends a message out to other would be child molesters and murderers.

I don't know when this country is going to wise up and stop being afraid to get tough....and frankly I don't want my tax dollars going to keep these men alive in prison.

Sorry, I'm not meaning you any insult, but I'm just so sick and tired of these cases becoming rampid within our communities and people feeling more empathy for these demented adults instead of the victim who is now gone forever, and I'm wondering what in the world she went thru before she died?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,335,140 times
Quote:
if he gets life, he will come up for parole, both of them....and yes, what a waste of the tax payers money. I feel they should be tried, if found guilty, these people need to be put to sleep, so then can never harm another, and so that it sends a message out to other would be child molesters and murderers.

I don't know when this country is going to wise up and stop being afraid to get tough....and frankly I don't want my tax dollars going to keep these men alive in prison.

Sorry, I'm not meaning you any insult, but I'm just so sick and tired of these cases becoming rampid within our communities and people feeling more empathy for these demented adults instead of the victim who is now gone forever, and I'm wondering what in the world she went thru before she died?
I didn't take it as an insult, I agree with you. Everytime I see where they give someone life or 75 years in prison with no chance of parole, I think what a waste. If you feel they are that dangerous why not just put them to death and move on? And then they have peopel sitting on death rows for ten and twenty years. I understand that there are cases were forensics have proved that the person is innocent but in a case like this there is no question. There will be no new evidence ten years from now. They are not going to find a jury who thinks these men are innocent. This is an open and shut case in my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies