U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 12:52 PM

165 posts, read 281,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Al Jazeera is staffed by the former employees of BBC Arab service. You may hate it, but, it is accurate.
Awwww. I was about to say JEWS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 01:02 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,635,552 times
Jews are disproportionally represented in any endeavor that requires education. That's because they have more of it that the general public. Banking, entertainment, business, education, science, and the media are extensions of the only types of jobs that were open to them for centuries. They were banned from all the rest, so it's no surprise that they should continue to follow these paths.

There's more to the Middle East than protecting Israel (though we need to support other democracies strenuously) and it has to do with the efficacy of our currency. The dollar has traditionally been the standard that oil was sold for on the world market. Should that change (and it's a distinct possibility)there would be an effect on the value of our money to the adverse, since we as a country are in such debt.

I wouldn't worry about Israel relying on someone else to strike an enemy if necessary. They know it's a do or die situation.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:52 PM

33 posts, read 84,108 times
Thank you for prodding me to find the primary source. Here is the original editorial in which the Israeli Gen. Oded Tira states that the Israel Lobby must work to influence American newspapers and government, particularly Hilary Clinton and other Democratic presidential candidates, to attack Iran:
http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...346275,00.html

Here is the Israelis criticizing Hillary Clinton for not being aggressive enough with Iran, just like they said they would. (For some reason this forum inserts a space into this URL):
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02022007...e_haberman.htm

Regarding Al-Jazeera English, it's produced by the Jewish Sol Levine, formerly of CNN's Crossfire. If an English version of Al-Jazeera was created without Israeli management, you probably wouldn't hear about it in America. Unless you actually believe that the Democrats and Republicans are anything but symbollic opposition to each other, the concept of "fake opposition" should not be hard to grasp. I believe Al-Jazeera English is an example of "fake opposition", which you use to ensure that your opponents remain ineffectual and confused. The fake opposition has to make a few arguments, to appear legitimate, but it will falter on crux issues. The American anti-war movement is another "fake opposition". This is why the anti-war movement rarely points to Israel as the source of the problem. The site antiwar.com, arguably the center of the movement, again is run by Israelis.

Last edited by Josh IN CA; 02-05-2007 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM

165 posts, read 281,097 times
Thanks Josh for taking the time to dig that up.

The conclusion is though, that Gen. Tira is expressing his own opinion. It even says 'opinion' in big, black letters at the top of the page. This still doesn't prove that the US in the grip of an Israeli cabal.

Or does it?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 882 times
You gotta understand, the better it gets in USA the more hell it becomes in China and S.Korea so on and so forth.

Welcome to Ramen Noodle World, you gonna learn to love it.
Oh ****, you already know what pad thai and pho tai is.
Why bother?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:02 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobert View Post
A depleted middle class? Imigrants straining services?Manufacturing idusutry incapable of beating cheap labor costs of countries like china and india? what do you envision america to be like in 2027.
wow..some resurrected this 4 year old post.
What an eye opener.

Forget 2027...our arrogance and denial will get us there much, much sooner.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 AM

9,904 posts, read 12,977,357 times
I believe that the only way we can stop the slide is to institute gradually increasing tariffs on imports...while our market is still strong, before we turn into a 3rd world country.

US CEOs and Finance industries still covet our market..if they want to sell here they should pay a tariff to offset slave wages and the environmental catastrophies that are creating by shipping jobs overseas.

This will force jobs back into the US economy. Yes it will create some inflation, but in the long run it's better for the long term health of our country.

Also, there should be an immediate repeal of NAFTA, a horribly destructive peice of legislation pushed by Clinton at the behest of his big corporate donors.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,645,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I believe that the only way we can stop the slide is to institute gradually increasing tariffs on imports...while our market is still strong, before we turn into a 3rd world country.

US CEOs and Finance industries still covet our market..if they want to sell here they should pay a tariff to offset slave wages and the environmental catastrophies that are creating by shipping jobs overseas.

This will force jobs back into the US economy. Yes it will create some inflation, but in the long run it's better for the long term health of our country.

Also, there should be an immediate repeal of NAFTA, a horribly destructive peice of legislation pushed by Clinton at the behest of his big corporate donors.

I agree. Tax the s*** out of them for selling out their fellow Americans just to save a few bucks! We also need to cut back on all of the over regulating done in this country.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 AM

9,904 posts, read 12,977,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree. Tax the s*** out of them for selling out their fellow Americans just to save a few bucks! We also need to cut back on all of the over regulating done in this country.
Depends on the regulations, if they are unreasonable they should be corrected, if they say you shouldn't be dumping PCB's into rivers, I'd go with the tariffs first.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Depends on the regulations, if they are unreasonable they should be corrected, if they say you shouldn't be dumping PCB's into rivers, I'd go with the tariffs first.
There's plenty of unreasonable ones.
There's layers of agencies all doing the same job yet requiring different paperwork from you and each wants a fee.

Just take a homeowner living in a city. He wants to put up a new fence.
Guess how many hoops he has to jump through. And if they changed the code since he first built that fence..then whooo boy is he going to have a hard time with the "boys downtown".

Now imagine a business.

I went through total crap like that when I got a new water heater installed and a new spigot on the outside of my house. New "regulations" that could not be retrofitted on a 10 year old home without incurring huge construction costs and they weren't for anything dangerous either. Thank heavens for good installers that know their way around the system and realize the stupidity of some laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies