U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 04:40 PM

111 posts, read 203,785 times

Advertisements

A depleted middle class? Imigrants straining services?Manufacturing idusutry incapable of beating cheap labor costs of countries like china and india? what do you envision america to be like in 2027.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2007, 04:44 PM

1,075 posts, read 3,189,482 times
who's going to be in office, democrats or republicans

Old 01-13-2007, 05:09 PM

111 posts, read 203,785 times
if you really think deep down both democrates and republicans dont have dirty hands and dont want the same things to fill their fat pockets than you are crazy, now answer the question.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:59 PM

17,698 posts, read 34,861,113 times
Such anger robert ... what is America going to look like in 2027? Well, it's going to be hotter and colder, we may lose a generation of young Americans to a war on an ideology, but we may not either. I'm sure Apple is going to make sure that we get all our information, make phone calls and watch movies and tv shows on a device that fits in the palm of your hand.

All in all, it won't be a whole lot different and I'll be happy if I'm still around. What do you think it will look like in 2027? I know that's a loaded question, but I'd be interested in hearing what you think. Bet you think California will be taken over by Mexico right?

Old 01-13-2007, 06:11 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,158,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrobert View Post
A depleted middle class? Imigrants straining services?Manufacturing idusutry incapable of beating cheap labor costs of countries like china and india? what do you envision america to be like in 2027.
Well I hope it's nothing like the movie Children of Men, which takes place that year. What a harrowing vision (good film though.)
Sure both Dems and Pubbies serve the same master: Big Business.
Globalization is not all bad. But we have to wake up and smell the coffee.
Americans need to turn off American Idol, get off the couch, and join the real world.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 PM

483 posts, read 1,746,820 times
I think we'll be a brown, bilingual country. I don't think that's a bad thing, but other people may disagree.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:53 PM

1,075 posts, read 3,189,482 times
you have such a wonderfull outlook upon life cd, i'm betting it will be better than ever, hi-tech world.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:42 AM

7 posts, read 12,879 times
Default USA sucks now

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Such anger robert ... what is America going to look like in 2027? Well, it's going to be hotter and colder, we may lose a generation of young Americans to a war on an ideology, but we may not either. I'm sure Apple is going to make sure that we get all our information, make phone calls and watch movies and tv shows on a device that fits in the palm of your hand.

All in all, it won't be a whole lot different and I'll be happy if I'm still around. What do you think it will look like in 2027? I know that's a loaded question, but I'd be interested in hearing what you think. Bet you think California will be taken over by Mexico right?
This country IS going down the Crapper and yes Ca. is becoming like Mexico. Our stupid government let too many outsiders in and many have poisoned our country. Miami has become like Cuba and is a toilet. Any country stupid enough to elect an idiot like Bush deserves what it's getting. This country is a train wreck with drug abuse, crime, and zero integrity/morals/manners

Old 01-14-2007, 10:47 AM

612 posts, read 2,501,222 times
Get an education, life looks a little brighter.

Have to agree pretty much about Miami though, I lived there years ago and it went downhill so fast in the five years I was there.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:04 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,894,180 times
I am as highly educated as one can get, went all the way. But do agree with the negative outlook here for this country, UNLESS we get our fat butts off the couch and DO something. I.e. take our country back from BOTH the Dems and GOPs. Don't know what the answer is yet, except to be very vociferous about the key issues and keep notifying the dumb dhimmies in Congress of our disdain for their lack of concern for the safety of our people. Can you feel the anger?? That is what moves people, fear and anger. Get a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies