Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:52 PM

177 posts, read 898,814 times

Advertisements

Not a lot said here on this forum about China. Who do you think is more dangerous to our economy China or Mexico. I used to think we were financing the next war with China. Now I think we may have already lost the economic war. What happens when we make no products in America. Then China either raises the prices or holds the products we have to have to live. As for Mexico, The illegals will take us out medically if nothing else. 85 per sent of the hospitals on the southern boarder are already forced to close. The only way to rid the U.S. is to do away with there employment, housing, and all social services passed out to the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 05:47 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,843 times
They are both a long-term threat to our nation. Mexico is almost an equal economic threat as China, but the situation with China is much, much more grave. As you pointed out, we have already lost the economic war with China. Not convinced? Go to Wal-Mart, then talk to me. Illegal latinos have have depressed wages, caused skyrocketing healthcare costs, brought in drugs, brought gangs, etc. Obviously, both are bad for this country. China is a much more serious threat because we are funding their military buildup (which has increased dramatically in recent years, like their navy). They are not our ally. They are communist. They have just made billions of dollars of deals with Iran (upwards $50 billion) for its oil and natural gas. There was an incident recently when about a month ago one of their subs came up on a US warship, completely undetected and surfaced momentarily. Not our enemy? Hmmm, I'm skeptical, but realistic that they would be dumb to make any overt military threat soon because they have a lot invested in our economy as well (their exports). It is without question in my mind that the next superpower is China and I think it will be in my lifetime, possibly the next 20-30 years. Lets hope that it never comes to conflict, because we will lose that one I'm afraid...

Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Then lets keep our Nukes at all costs as to intiminate the Chinese as we did the Soviet Union......

Old 01-14-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Then lets keep our Nukes at all costs as to intiminate the Chinese as we did the Soviet Union......
They've got plenty of nukes of their own, and they're still in bed with Russia, so there's tons of nukes between the 3 of us. It doesn't have quite the intimidation factor that it once did, since a lot more countries are gettin' nukes...look at India and Pakistan...

Old 01-14-2007, 06:54 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
China is not stupid-

If you visit Honolulu- they already accept Yen- and it has much higher value than the USD- Bush has already sold out debt to China for this war- we already owe them billions-

Old 01-14-2007, 08:20 PM

10 posts, read 6,860 times
Mexico is not a threat.

Our own government, our sellout citizins, our own fellow neighbors are the threat.

If it wasn't for the 1965 immigration act, we would still be the United States and have our American identity. Something we are quickly losing do to massive, unchecked, third world, non-white immigration.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDayWeWillWin View Post
Mexico is not a threat.

Our own government, our sellout citizins, our own fellow neighbors are the threat....
This is oh so true, I don't think anyone would argue with that

Old 01-14-2007, 11:08 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
The three biggest dangers to the future of the United States right now are terrorists, China, and our own leaders. And not necessarily in that order.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 AM

355 posts, read 842,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
China is not stupid-

If you visit Honolulu- they already accept Yen- and it has much higher value than the USD- Bush has already sold out debt to China for this war- we already owe them billions-
The Yen is the currency of Japan, not China. Mainland China uses the Renminbi.

Mexico will never rise up and become a world superpower. China, on the other hand, will be the next world superpower, has the world's largest population and army, and currently produces more from low-class laborers than most prominent countries. So much for learning German or Spanish in high school -- sign your kids up for Mandarin courses.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:18 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
It only took 5 posts to blame Bush (for the "Chines currency yen" being accepted in Hawaii of all things), you guys are loosing your touch.

I think more of a threat is India economically. China is still burdened with its communist ideology which, however many capitalistic reforms they put in, will limit how much they can compete. Both countries are developing like crazy, but India has the population, cheap labor, and economic and political funamentals in place to compete and shut out the U.S. in the world market.

This war has nothing to do with bombs or bullets so the talk of military and nukes is irrelavent. The only way we would get into a war with China is if they invade Taiwan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies